Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

I just got off the scale 50 lbs lighter than I was 9 1/2 weeks ago. Holy cow.

heather that is more than half way there...........give you another month and your gonna be at goal.....

Congrats Heather... Wow that is awesome.

Thanks for all the comments on the issues you guys had before you chose. I am so confused. I am just gonna take my time and figure it out as I go. Ill let you know what I end up deciding... first I gotta lose 13 pounds

13 pounds will come off really, really fast Tanifare............I was shocked how fast it came off!!

Do what you need to do for you? Talk to people who have had both. Do tons of research.

I know for me I wanted time to debate and than I lost the 12 pounds so quick I had to decide way before I thought I did...............

Heather seriously girl you have lost more than me and I really, really want to some pictures girl!! 50 is huge I bet you can totally tell...........what size are you in now??

13 pounds will come off really, really fast Tanifare............I was shocked how fast it came off!!

Do what you need to do for you? Talk to people who have had both. Do tons of research.

I know for me I wanted time to debate and than I lost the 12 pounds so quick I had to decide way before I thought I did...............

Thank you.. I just hope I make the right decision for me... I just feel she as the surgeon felt that the gastric was what was best for me... Because of my bmi and health... I dunno :cursing:

What is your BMI and health issues if you don't mind me asking. That could make a huge difference........

Hi everyone, just kinda scanning the pages....when you have lapband do you have to loose LESS weight pre surgery then RNY people?

Everyone has to lose about 10% regardless of RNY or Lap band..............same diet. Just depends on you if you lose more......

Heather ! You go girl! Woot, woot! 50 is HUGE! I hope you feel GREAT about Heather right now! Jeez I thought I lost a lot before surgery - WOW!!

Jeepers I just lost another .5 overnight . . .making up for that plateau I guess! Gives me breathing room for my camping trip, LOL :-) got to go pick up the RV & pack! Have a great one girls!!

What is your BMI and health issues if you don't mind me asking. That could make a huge difference........

She said with a bmi of 42 and NO HEALTH issues.. the gastric would go very smooth and would probably be my best choice. She said she normally doesn't tell people that but that she feels that its best. I sat there like.. wow if my surgeon feels that I would do better with the gastric she should know best right??

Reggie- I'm not sure what I want my goal to be....Dr park says it should be 120 but I don't know I'm thinkin more like 140ish but god only knows, I'll cross that bridge when I get closer.

ok I'm slow, what's your next question?

OMG! why hasn't kaiser called me back? I need to know what's next:redface:

My next question was why LB, considering you are so close to goal. Well I sort off answered for myself in that we are all using LB as a tool to help us lose and maintain.(call me goofy lol):smile:. I hope u get a call from them soon, if not I say call them.

She said with a bmi of 42 and NO HEALTH issues.. the gastric would go very smooth and would probably be my best choice. She said she normally doesn't tell people that but that she feels that its best. I sat there like.. wow if my surgeon feels that I would do better with the gastric she should know best right??

Tani she said the same thing to me because I have no health issues and she felt I could go either way, however I did a lot of research on my own and decided that LB is a better choice for me. For me, the thought of my intestines being re-arranged scared the hell out of me. When I saw her recently she said I have lost more weight within 6 weeks than most of her RNY patients and that gave me lots of confidence and assurance that I made the right choice. Do your research while you lose the 13lbs, that is so easy girl, you can do this. Good luck! We are here to support you no matter what you choose. We are Bariatric Surgery Sisters for Life :smile:.

Thanks ladies! I'm really excited. I was feeling kinda bummed since I got another email ad from igigi.com. If you haven't shopped there, they have beautiful clothes. I haven't really had any occasion to shop there and their clothes are really expensive (to me at least!) I feel like I can't spend $100 on a dress that won't fit in a few months and I have no reason to wear now.

So, I went to Wally world today. I don't shop there often, the one near me is kinda gross. I decided to peek at the clothes. (BTW why must they constantly move their plus size section?! I just want to go directly to my size, not wander around looking for it!) Anyway, I saw this dress on a random rack. It looked so lonely all by itself. Well, it was a 2x and it fit! I haven't been a 2x in probably 5-6 years now. I'm so excited. I added a pic to my album.