Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Heather i hate kaisers scales, and they are all different lol.

Go Tina stick up for all of us girls:D I agree Sheena we love you but if you are going to post you need to post the parts about lunch meat not going down even though you are an RNY.. and other struggles you have had that I as a bandster have not had any of....

All of our bodies are different and all of our bodies react different to each surgery. But you do need to say more of what yo uhave gone thru instead of just the positive. After all this IS a LAP BAND board, you don't need to confuse everyone with Gastric Bypass positive only stories..

It is a personal decision, and honestly if anyone is on a Lap Band board then they have already 90% made up their mind that they want a less invasive procedure done. Until someone comes bragging about her weight loss.

Like i said you are welcome on our board but keep in mind this is a Lap Band board not a gastric board, and all of us lap band girls are very close to goal.... Close to our Low goal at that.

I've been on these boards since I was considering the band, education is key in both of these surgeries. I haven't had any complications or anything negative except the two times I got sick because of not chewing enough or eating too fast. Yeah I've stalled for 2 weeks etc. I'm not bragging about my weightloss at all, I come on here to update, I'm sorry you took it that way but that was not my intention.

I was walking around and around and around 6 hours after surgery. The gas pain was the only pain I had. I only took pain meds for 3 nights to sleep through the gas pains. Everything has gone down easy, everything I've tried. I walked to my car even though they insisted on a wheel chair and pat parked on the otherside of the parking garage.

I've lost 116lbs in 2 years, 30 with RNY and I think that's amazing. That's why we had weightloss surgery, regardless of which one it was, to lose the weight. I'm not trying to sway anyone to rny, but give my store.

I agree Tina: cause if someone had lunch with us they would know we are also the complete opposite story. I was walking on the treadmill 4 hrs after i was released from the hospital.... Yeah i had pain, but was only on pain meds for 2 days... I have not PBed, Gotten stuck or vomited. Everything goes down WAY TO DARN EASILY. And i have lost 37 lbs since surgery 79 total more then i ever have also. I would also do it again in a heart beat.

Thats what is so cool about people is how we all are so different. And unfortunately our lovely Tina has had the most issues with her band:frown: but still loves it.

Hey Sheena. Thanks for the honesty. Glad you doing so well. SOunds like your dealing with some of the same stuff as the rest of us.

I read through your blog and I totally agree you have to address your addictions or else you will find a new one........right on!!

So glad your doing well. I would like more pictures!! LOL. Your blog pictures are from 5 weeks out!! LOL

Okay now that I got through all of those...

I can honestly say the only frustration I have at this point is being able to get in more calories, because honest to god I'm not hungry at all.

RNY was the BEST decision for ME!

Am I worried about weight gain? Not at all, why? Because my mom had it 6 years ago and she has bad habits.

I don't drink - I'm allergic to wine and sulfates

I won't test the sugars

I WONT eat fried foods, at this point and later one I'd be too scared to dump and don't want to find out if I will.

I don't take pain killers, other drugs etc.

I'm educated, I go to the post op classes and talk to other RNYers. Is it a concern in the future, yes, but I'm not worried about it.

Again, I post on here, because I've been here since way before and I said I'd stick around. I think my RNY case is different than a lot of people's because I did lose a lot of weight prior to surgery and a lot slower. But I had to go through the same thing as all the lapbanders do pre-surgery.

All the surgeons are great, Baggs was my discharge surgeon after surgery.

Sorry if you all thought I wasn't being honest, but I have nothing to hide. Recovery has been amazing, i'm loving my new body, my new life and everything in between. We go horseback riding on Monday and we're planning on sky diving soon too because I'm small enough to do that.

Did I work my ass off to lose the 30lbs yea I did, I gave up a lot too, and my recovery should have been harder with a 2 year old in a body cast, but we recovered together.

I think the band is an awesome alternative to the RNY. It is less invasive and adjustable. I however wanted something permanent.

Hey Sheena. Thanks for the honesty. Glad you doing so well. SOunds like your dealing with some of the same stuff as the rest of us.

I read through your blog and I totally agree you have to address your addictions or else you will find a new one........right on!!

So glad your doing well. I would like more pictures!! LOL. Your blog pictures are from 5 weeks out!! LOL

I have new ones on my facebook: facebook.com/sheenalane

We just got back from the beach (not very complimenting lol) and the zoo.

I'm only 7 weeks post op now, and plan on taking a ton of pictures this weekend at Passion Power and bodega bay.

Okay just added the zoo ones to the blog: rny2009.blogspot.com

I just added some new ones I took tonight, dresses I bought a few weeks back. I like the short one lol cuz it fits, the long one is too big! woohoo!

Edited by InsideOut

Sheena you are coming to the sonoma coast this weekend?!?! Are you going to hike? Or just hang in Bodega? Above Bodega there's a great trail , Bill Kortum trail from like wrights beach (a little south of there actually to like seal rock - it's a GREAT trail, 5.5 miles round trip and beautiful! Check it out if you get a chance! I am hiking it on Monday while camping :-)

Oh I used to hang out at goat rock all the time.........I used to live in the Calistoga area back in the day and was over in Santa Rosa and over to goat rock alot!!

Yea thanks for the pictures I always like seeing pictures!!

Riley when is your appointment?

I am having problems eating lentil today. What is up with that...........ok I did add low fat feta in with it. But eating very slow...........

Cleaning house for company on Saturday. I made veggie beef enchiladas. I figure i can eat the insides. I have been eating left overs all week and as long as I don't eat the tortilla I can eat the insides just fine............solid protien. I am also making rice and Beans and chips and salsa but I doubt I can eat much of either...........LOL.

Edited by swrktp

We're just going horseback riding, we don't have time for camping, since we're going to do the Napa Wine train too either MOnday or Tuesday :scared2:

Oh I don't think I like soda anymore!! I went out to lunch today and wasn't even tempted when my co worker offered to share it with me...........I took a sip of my daughter 7-up a couple of weeks ago and it takes like syrup..........all think and sticky............I threw it up and it was not a PB it was a gag reflex...........today when I saw that diet coke I started to think about how it would taste like Syrup and would be sticky..........almost made me gag again............I don't know what is up with me. My stomach has been yucky all week. I think it is the heat. THinking about certain foods makes me want to gag this week................NO, not pregnant but sorta that same feeling. I gotta blame the heat 106..............I can't do heat and eating at the same time.............makes me nasaeus..................I know I am weird!! But eating and heat is not my thing.

Not losing weight to fast. Having a problem getting in the 1000 right now...................and **()@ I think that hurts me.

Yogurt here I come............

We're just going horseback riding, we don't have time for camping, since we're going to do the Napa Wine train too either MOnday or Tuesday :scared2:

Oh my gosh, what FUN! Enjoy, enjoy all the FUN stuff that the NEW YOU CAN DO!!! I love it!!

Tina, yes you are weird, LOL but we love you!!! When I started getting near 40 - like you will be soon! - I started feeling like morning sickness before my period every month. I still do a little bit now, and its from the hormones that is why it feels like preggers. It is better than it was, I used to be SICK sick sick with it. Yeah, add heat to that and - wretch!

Oh Kellie called and left me a voice mail today, she says no room for me at the 23rd fill - so if anyone is not going let me know! - and no openings until August unless I can be "down there at 9:30 tomorrow morning! but she did not say "where" so id dont know if richmond or pinole or ??, so I left HER a message that said that and try to call me again . . is anyone going to the first august group fill???

Riley you may be on to something. It is almost that time of the month but I never thought about it affecting my stomach being to flaky.............I really do think your on to something that makes sense. As everyone know my aunt flow has been making alot of visits in the last twelve weeks and I get achy and swollen a week to two weeks before instead of a couple of day. I thought it was all the estrogen trying to get out of me from the weight loss!!! LOL.

Oh yeah Tina, that's what I was like! It affected me for almost half the time - almost 2 weeks (usually about 10 days) before my period. . . then I would SUDDENLY get all better, and Aunt Flo would knock about 4 hours later! It was MISERY I finally went on progesterone to counter it, that worked pretty well but led to - guess what! - weight gain!! But yeah we all have a buttload of estrogen floating around in our systems right now because we are burning fat and that is where estrogen is stored . . . . but I think mine must be winding down, because I have less chin hair now! LOL!!!

Trying to catch up ladies but first I gotta say this:

OMG, Sheena! You lost 116lbs on your own - before you got RNY? How did you do it???? I can't seem to lose 4 flippin lbs! Impressive - I need to check out your blog & pics - or maybe not got I have jealousy issues LOL

Pam you weren't wtih us the time I was wearing two different earrings - you were too busy at Marine World to join us :scared2: Next time!

I have just taken my LAST anti biotic and still feel like crud. I don't think they're working. There are some antibiotics that don't work for me anymore and this may be one of them. I have taken them so much when I was really young - I don't want to mention any names but somebody use to smoke and drink when they were pregnant with me and now, this may be just speculation, but I'm thinking that is the cause of my asthma and weakened immune system - I came up with this theory because my brother has none of the issues I have and as a first born HIS mother did everything correct - no smoking, no drinking blah blah blah - All that went out the window the second time around - I had chronic ear infections, I had/have the bad asthma, I had/have the chronic Migraines. Yep, she was definately HIS mother which is why I was always told that I am my fathers daughter.

Apparently, I'm still cranky