Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Riley im so glad it worked! Im also glad to know he works with us.:wub: I want to know what he considers a success... Cause i know most of us that are now banded have lost almost or more then 50% of our excess BF.. So is that when he considers us a success or when we are in the normal range.. Cause i remember him saying a long time ago he will be happy if i loose 50% of my excess bf. Who knows...

Went shopping for camping OK camping healthy wise is VERY EXSPENSIVE! We used to do like hot dogs and burgers. This time i got steak and stuff for the shish kabobs, so vegies and meat my bill in the end for 4 days is drum roll please...... 135!!!! holy moly! I hate when i dont know what i buy:( I was a bad naughty naughty girl and got a 6 pack, but i did because i know my family will be having margaritas and shots and all these more fattening beverages, and I used to partake, this time i can say nope i got my own... Watch none of them will be drank.. lol but how im tellin myself is if i dont drink them i cant drink anything. I just dont want to get into the shot rounds and margarita rounds with everyone, you know how easy it is to put away booze then..........

I am camping too Nicole! I leave on Saturday & get back on Tuesday!

And I know about the 'rita pain! That is why I bring www.bajabob.com 's sugar-free margarita mix! You can make them as weak as you like, hide the fact that you have only a thinblefill of tequila, and still "party!"

Oh cute Riley! Wish i woulda known about those.. but oh well i am outa time lol. No more shoppin for me:)

BTW who else is campin this weekend, i know im Thur- Sun and Christine is Fri-sun and now riley is Sat-Tues lol anyone else??

Walmart sure feels it.. boy all their stuff is like sold out!

I don't like frogs. Especially the big jumping, thick kind!! I would be so scare he would jump.................ah on me!!

NOthing exciting this weekend. I have some people coming over to hang out.

Oh Nicole maybe we can get the oil on the 23rd or 25 if it comes in.

You can get them at BevMo if you have more shopping to do before you leave - lots of stores listed in Sacramento that carry it.

ANYWAYS! I so am not good today! And only 5 miles, and I am going to Harry Potter tonight inztead of working out!! Now I want candy LOL

OMG, Nicole and Riley Jane , you guys just gave me an epiphany, I have lost 50%+ of my excess body weight WOW! I guess we are doing something right lol.

I am camping too Nicole! I leave on Saturday & get back on Tuesday!

And I know about the 'rita pain! That is why I bring www.bajabob.com 's sugar-free margarita mix! You can make them as weak as you like, hide the fact that you have only a thinblefill of tequila, and still "party!"

Riley Jane Thanks for this sight I have been living on Water forever it seems this will be nice to have when we have parties so I don't feel like the odd woman out :-).

Now you know why I brought it up! Baggs told me when i started most bandsters only loose 50% of their excess... well we have all either passed it or are GOING TO! We are definitely the rock stars!!!:wub:

So bin number 1 and 2 are packed.. the wash bin and the dry stuff bin;)

OH yes, we are totally the rock stars! When I met Baggs I told him I WAS going to be a successful lap-band patient, he laughed and said he believed me! We never even talked about any olther kind of surgery - I was VERY sure, and he is very positive and encouraging. I said I would exceed that 60% average, and BOY HAVE I - I had 130 to lose and I am at almost 90 lost, so I have lost almost 70%! We are KICKING SOME BUTT LADIES!!!

Honestly, I like her alot, I love her calm approach and she is very smart, she knows her stuff. She also specialized in LB and RNY, I believe she has the same level of expertise as the other surgeons if not more. As I said before go meet with her and give it a try.

thank you Reggie... You really put my mind at ease... I appreciate that so much... So reggie you have lost sixty somthing pounds since your surgery?

I had 105 to loose ive lost 78 so ive lost 75%. Wow thats nuts. Im so proud of us! I don't think any of us will have to worry about not hitting goal.....

Tani I have met with Dr. park too, and she is fab! Plus she is chief of surgery! or she was when I met her last year. I really, really liked her. Very patient, careful, accurate - all good things in a surgeon! I just felt like I "meshed" better with Dr. Baggs, seeing that I am sorta wacko (Candra is kind, she says "fun") and I like to laugh! He came highly recommended, and all I wanted was lap-pband - didn't even want to discuss RNY! She did not get that when I met with her - but she was very supportive of me making my own decision. Dr. Baggs was just like, "Great! lap band it is!"

Riley, baggs is now Chief of Surgery... i think they all share the title. He was atleast when i had surgery... if you look at your surgery questionnaire when u are already banded.. the one that asks how great they were... it says his name...

But i bet she is just as good, they really do have a great team! I say go to the thing if she says to loose more then 10% ask for baggs:) But it should be fine:D

You're right, Nicole! I KNEW I saw that somewhere! Maybe they switch off . . . . I know that I made the right choice, for me, for lap band, but I would be hard-pressed to choose between Parks and Baggs if I wanted to have RNY. I really liked her, she answered ALL of my questions when I was not even her patient, she was great! But for lap-band you have to keep going to your surgeon for a year or more afterwards. I think I have already seen Dr. Baggs more in the last 6 months than I have seen my PCP in the last 5 years! So you want someone you really feel like you can work with :-) IMHO of course.

Riley, baggs is now Chief of Surgery... i think they all share the title. He was atleast when i had surgery... if you look at your surgery questionnaire when u are already banded.. the one that asks how great they were... it says his name...

But i bet she is just as good, they really do have a great team! I say go to the thing if she says to loose more then 10% ask for baggs:) But it should be fine:D

Actually she had me lose less than ten percent of my body weight. I just happen to lose more. Tani, just go and meet her, now that you have info on her. If I had to do it all over again she would truly be my choice. She did my next door neighbor's surgery and she had RNY 2 years ago and she loves her.