Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Hi everyone,

Called Richmond and had my referral sent over to them; they were unsure why my dr sent it to Fremont....weird...anyways, they told me in about a week I will hear when my orientation is. they did tell me they are every tuesday...we will seeeeee!!

my dr sent me an email letting me know she sent it to fremont...i want to write back and ask why?? but i dont want to go back and forth. its in richmond now, and thats where i need it :thumbup:

well remember whoever does the surgery also does the fills so you need to try and figure out how each doctor does the fills..................

I do know that Dr. Baggs has had extra training in lap band and all the updated techniques. But by now all the surgeons might have had the training.............

Dr. Baggs just makes you comfortable and he is funny!! I really liked him but he wasn't my first choice. I got him by cancellation!! But glad it turned out that way. I wanted Dr. Fischer at first............

How lucky getting a surgeons appointment the same week!! OMG I had to wait almost a month and drove them crazying calling them all the time!!

Dr. Baggs does monthly group fills for the first three months..........not sure after that but I think it goes to every other month!! THe group fills are like a nutrition group and fill at the same time.................fun to get together with people who had surgery the same time as you.

I like the way Dr. Baggs does his fills. But I am getting sorta tired of driving to the bay area ..........

Hello everyone! I'm new here. I will be banded on july 21st. One week to go! I'm so nervous and excited! Im such a wimp. How much pain is involved? I have had 3 children naturally, so i am familiar with pain. I just like to know what i am in for.

If you have had three kids you can do this. I found it to be about the same as having a baby. First week is hard but after that it ges better. I M 12 weeks out now and not pain at all even the port doesn't hurt anymore.

I love my band. I was also nervous the week before and couldn't sleep at night but the anxiety was worse than the surgery.

WHo is your surgeon? and what hospital?

Congrats Tanifaire and Tamra on the progress of your journeys!

Tani, glad u were well prepared...Reggie has Dr. Parks and most other ladies Dr. Baggs, you can ask them bout their 'techniques'.

Tamra, so glad it has been moved, I would stay in touch with gentle reminders, by phone, and continue to ck your online appt with KP.org (are you registered?). So glad to see u back here, we missed you last Friday.

Well, ladies, keep up the fluids...been stayin inside all day with the heat upon us. Our church is hosting a block party tomorrow nite in Lincoln, bounce house, dunk tank, fun dancin and all! All are invited! I am excited because this time last yr I was 40 lbs+ and even did the fun dances...this year, just ready to get out there & not hyperventilate, lol!

Well girls, I did not stop eating with dinner, NO I nook my son to chinese to Celebrate his midterms being over, I only has vegie hot & sour Soup - pretty much broth & tofu . . . bbut STILL! The 1 went home and hard a small hard boiled egg and a laughing cow cheese!! OK IM DONE!!

I bit several heads off today, I think my aunt flow will be here visiting tomorrow . . explains my appetitie and general bitchiness!

The Fremont vs Richmond thing is wierd! My coworker got a referral about the same time as me and she was referred to Fremont (and I got Richmond, obviously). The Fremont orientation is apparently over the weekend, I think she said it was on a Sunday. But she was really disappointed after it. She basically gave up on the lap band idea since they were so pro RNY and anti Lap. I feel so fortunate that I got Richmond and that I now have Kaiser insurance. Having researched 2 other programs (both local in Sac) I'm really impressed with Richmond's approach. I feel like I'm successful because of Richmond's pre-op diet, and because I found Lap Band Talk and found you ladies. I wonder if I would have ever lost this much with another program?

hmmm...if Fremont's happen on weekends it would almost work better for me so I don't miss work...maybe I will see if that's why my dr sent it there

But Tamra, where you have orientation is where you end up for the duration - if you do orientation in fremont, you will have all of your classes and appointments in fremont, surgery un fremont, and fills in fremont! I'd stick with Richmond for SURE

Heather - SO totally agree! Kaiser Richmond has the best program around, when I took my santa rosa class they said it was in the top 5 nationally - i think it was #4. In the nation!!! How blessed are WE?!?!

OK I just emailed Dr. Baggs and asked for another .5 fill . . . has only been 3 weeks so I don't know what he will say . . . but I am tired of watching the scale go up instead of down!!

Riley ask to come on July 23, so we can visit.

I think I will take the 1cc fill!! LOL. AS if I have a choice!! I lost quick in the beginning but stuck on 212 for several day now!! At least not up................

I told him I could either go to Pinole on the 23rd, or come to Richmond whenever. Also offered to fax my food logs to Robin so they can see how much I am eating again! But I am afraid he will say that 4 lbs. in 3 weeks is more than enough of a loss . . I lost 7 since the fill but now have gained 3 back.

Hey girls! I got my appt moved to next Thursday's (the 23rd) group fill also. We're going camping this Friday and want to leave early in the morning. I also don't want to be on liquids the first 24 hours. That would suck and I wouldn't have much energy to do fun stuff!

So I guess I'll see most of you next Thursday! WOOHOO!