Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Oh, Reggie, I LOVE my Steve's. I've got so many styles of them!!

Ya know, some people don't really appreciate my "spunk" Go figure.... LMAO

Ok, ladies - I'm off work now - been workin so hard today - I will see ya when I get home

Happy happy Monday all-

quick note, I called Sara and told her I was at goal and she said she was going to send in my labs so I can do them over here in SF and get weighed. Afterwards I can call her back to get an appt w/ LiZ. so I'm on my way...I guess I'll go tomorrow morning if my lab slips are there.

I'm sooo excited, I think this is the best I've felt in years. Today I have on a top that I think I've never worn out of the house before cuz everytime I put it on my rolls stick out. I mean I feel thin (even though I'm not)

ok I'm in the middle of maham here at work, talk to you all when I get home.

Ok another break...............coming up for air!! LOL.

you guys are on a roll today. I am just fnishing up a a court report. Well have it done and turned in by 5pm.....I hope. Than home to get the house clean while my daughter is gone. I want to get her room clean this week............my once a year chance!!

Oh Candra yea that would be CIL (cousin in law)!!

Ok well back to the grindstone!! Have fun at orientation tomorrow girls. Will be interested to see which surgeon is up this time around............

Happy happy Monday all-

quick note, I called Sara and told her I was at goal and she said she was going to send in my labs so I can do them over here in SF and get weighed. Afterwards I can call her back to get an appt w/ LiZ. so I'm on my way...I guess I'll go tomorrow morning if my lab slips are there.

I'm sooo excited, I think this is the best I've felt in years. Today I have on a top that I think I've never worn out of the house before cuz everytime I put it on my rolls stick out. I mean I feel thin (even though I'm not)

ok I'm in the middle of maham here at work, talk to you all when I get home.

Congrats Jes, you are beautiful either way rolls and all, and I totally understand what you mean about feeling thin. I feel thin but look fat. Well we'll keep plucking away. :thumbdown:

Hello my beautiful ladies! Today is my 9/80 day off, and so far I have spent it walking, cleaning, running my boys all over town, and EATING . . I mean bad! Good food and all - except for the 2 tbs. of commercial blue cheese dressing I had at Round Table - I am just eating SO MUCH!! 990 calories already today, and it's not even dinnertime yet! Yikes!

I do have some restriction, but in the mornings only . . . I can eat like 1/4 cup of lentils and start in on 1/2 cup eggbeaters, but can't finish it cause I'm full. That lasts about 3 hours - then I am starving by 11, and no restriction at all by then. None for the rest of the day, unless I happen to take a nap then I am tight when I wake up again. AND I gained another lb. back! I was down 8 lbs. since the fill, now I am down only 4 and gaining! I think I need another .5 so I will email Dr. Baggs this week unless I can make this 4 lbs. go away again.

Tina after I posted that about the 3 lb. liver, I did some research online and found out that for every oz. of glycogen (emergency sugar stored in the liver) in the liver, the body has to store 2 to 3 oz. of water! So a 3 lb. liver could mean a 6 to 9 lb. water-weight gain. Apparently, that is the weight that you will lose on the first week of Atkins or south beach low-carb diets. Maybe I should go on south beach again for a week . . but that would be falling back on the "old" diet behaviors, so I am more inclined to just stop competing with all of my RNY friends, and say "well my body is taking a break right now, it lost weight too fast and now it is going to rest before I start again." I don't know . . head hunger is bad right now . . if I was irritable I would assume it was time for Aunt Flo to visit, but I don't feel moody, just hungry and all the other parts of hormonal :rolleyes:

LOL Reggie, I am secretly thin! I have opposite problem of most of you girls, I think I am thinner than I am! Still surprised at how big I am when I look in the mirror!! But also surprised when I can fit in jeans that look tiny to me . . so I guess my body image is just all screweed up after all, LOL.

Love the dancing thighs! Let's right a book Nicole, "The Sisterhood of the Dancing Thighs" about getting through life-changing bariatric surgery with a little help from our friends :rolleyes:

Here is why I am in such a hurry to get to my mini-goal of 185 (that's 100 lbs. lost for me) by August 30th, the Santa Rosa Marathon: This is what caloriecount.about.com says about me at that weight:

Based upon your current Body Mass Index (BMI) of 29.9, you are currently classed as mildly overweight.

A BMI of less than 30 is NOT OBESE!! I SO want to be there! And I will get there by the end of August if it half kills me, by God!

Riley you should write a book like that it sounds great!! I would read it.

I just ate a whole mini watermellon. OMG I am guessing about four cups.......I probably won't eat dinner now. I really need some fruit to much protien the last few days if you know what I mean!! :-)

Oh I know what you mean, for SURE! I am back to having 3 cups of spring mix and/or raw spinach every day, plus the fruit - it's the only thing that helps without cramping me up & making me "pouf", if YOU know what I mean :-)

Watermelon is mostly Water so you only ate about 1 cup. I routinely eat the whole basket of berries - about 2 cups minus what my boys sneak out of my bowl! Can't help it, I love fruits and vegies. Hmm that right there is a good reason NOT to ask for a fill . . . . betcha I could still east the watermelon tho, even in the mornings! I do have issues with some fruits, they are so juicy that I tend to swallow too fast - not chewing enough. melon has never been a probblem tho!

Well I know I retain Water so gotta think about that. Very interesting stuff.

Candra I love your spunk too!! Your a blast!!

Ok RIley I have to ask. HOw are your RNY friends doing? What is the damage weight wise with them?

I compete with 3 of my RNY friends, we weighed about the same on the day I had surgery. One had RNY a month before me, 2 did after. I totally kept up with them pound-for-pound until about 198 - so we lost at the same rate for about 40-50 lbs. we all got to onederland in the same week . . but now I seem to have stopped, they are around 191 each and I am BACK up to 197! It is so frustrating . . . but I have no malabsorptive component, and they will struggle too, later. They also do not excercise like I do. And they don't get fills either, so maybe 1 more fill and I will pass THEIR butts up! oohh-waaa!

Jes, congrats girl! Good luck in the morning! woo-hoo, I hope you are excited! It's gonna go REALLY fast now!!!

Heather - WOW! You are doin phenom girl! I thought you might have gotten discouraged by Dr. F, but girl you just grabbed the bull by the horns and wrestled him right into the dirt!! LOOK AT YOU!! You are going to be there in hardly any time atal!!

Good luck at orientation 2morrow for our newbies! Liz is really an absolute LOVE, don't let her fool you! She just has to act mean to weed out the folks who are not serious about this journey :-)

Let us know who the surgeon is tomorrow!! I had Dr. Fisher at my orientation meeting!! I actually was hoping I would get him but I am glad I ended up with Dr. Baggs it worked out fine!!

Friday afternoon is not gonna work for me ladies. I have court in the afternoon. I so so wish I had a day off this week to have some fun while my daughter is gone.........I was out sick last week so I really can't pull another sick day this week!! :-P

Thanks, tina - but you can be a little fiesty too LOL

Riley - you ALWAYS have the best ideas.

Go Jes you itty bitty thing. Let me tell you that I have a perfect body underneath all my fat rolls!

Im sitting here watching "how to look good naked" - I wanna get Gok'd!

Lets pick a day (some Saturday?) for the coast walk! You guys have a support group meet on the 25th? That day would work for me but not if there's a meet . . . I have support group meet every saturday so do not mind missing - actually they will probably just join us!!