Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

I'm gonna miss you guys tomorrow. Glad I have tomorrow off even if it is without pay. I took my oldest son to the dermatologist this afternoon and then we all went to Kentucky Fried. I tried the grilled chicken salad, but sadly found I can't eat lettuce anymore - nothing like pbing in the parking lot and I had only eaten a few bites.

Anyone know any nice single guys in their 40's - I give up on the guy I like - I'm done being so available and helpful. He just assumes I will there wanting to help him out at school and being nice to him. A couple of months ago we invited him to go to Six Flags with us and he said wait until summer. So at the end of the year I told him if he didn't want to go with us at all that was fine, just let me know so we could use the ticket for someone else. He ignored it. Now we asked him to go with us tomorrow and he tells me he's not really into theme parks - I reminded him that I had previously given him an out and he didn't take it. I don't know what his issue is, but I am done.

Sorry for venting - it is funny now that I can't turn to food I have to deal with other stuff that may have been part of my problem to start with.

Have fun Pam at six flags!!

I hate to say it this guy is not interested. He is making it pretty clear even though it would be nice if he would be straight with you. Move on don't waste your time. Be friendly but don't put more into the relationship than he is. Believe me I have been where your at before and the only way to keep your sanity is to walk away and move on. Don't let him play with your self esteem like that. He is playing with you and sounds like he will keep doing it until you put a stop to it. Sorry he is being a jerk but from the outside looking in that is what I see...............

I would be so sad if I could not have salad. But now I can only have just a bit........not as much as I would like.....or use to eat.

And yep I have done the parking lot PB'ing thing. I HATE it but what can you do............in my case I can't eat brocolli again and I haven't for about 3 weeks now.

Anyone else get pissed from time to time that you had to resort to the band? I have been getting that this week.........especially when I can't eat something I really like than I think what did you do to yourself. I didn't have that so much pre op or even in the beginning post op but now I am noticing it.........like when I could only eat 1/2 my salad and I wanted more but couldn't fit another bite in............how crazy is that?? I mean I like my band but every once in the awhile is pisses me off............

I have been very moodly lately so that is probably part of it!!

Edited by swrktp

WELCOME BACK MARIA!! glad the computer is up & running

Sorry Pammy - I dont know any "nice" single guys but if you're ever in the market for a complete jerk, I'm your gal - I pretty much know em/dated em all! LOL.

My brother's pretty cute - he's 45 - just a male version of me but in shape and lots a tattoos - he's a harley guy. Again, jerk AND has a psycho stalker ex-wife - So.. I'm afairn I am absolutely no help - you should go on eharmony or match.com - one of my best friends has been with a guy she met on one of those for 5 years now! She's a divorced mother of two and, like you, not looking for a live in so they don't live together but spend ALOT of time together. I think those sites work because once a guy gets on there it's because they are ready to settle down and are done with the games.

Hey Jes, I see you ... What's up you skinny little thing you with your .6lbs left that you just had to rub in my face - LOL. can't wait to walk the petaluma park!

Hey Tina, feeling any better - really want you to come tomorrow - I'll have your dollar for you if you come :thumbup:

Nicole - dying to hear how the interview went!!!! What's up with the duck?

Thanks for the advice - yep I get it that he is not interested. What pisses me off is that he told my son that he would go in summer and my son really likes him and looks up to him. You can mess with me, but don't mess with my kids. I may go back to plentyoffish.com and look again. I am not looking for any serious thing, would just like to have some adult time once in a while. It didn't bother me up until about a year ago, but now my kids are pretty self sufficient and I don't know what to do with myself. Gotta get a hobby. :thumbup:

Yes, Tina, I sometimes get upset that I had to resort to my band and really miss some foods, but I feel so much better 72 lbs lighter that it is worth it.

Gonna try to come but now sure. Still laying down and getting ready to go to bed. Depends on how I feel in the morning...............I really want to come.

It has been a crazy week and I could use some time just hanging out with your girls!!

Keep the dollar!! LOL I am not worried about it!!

Candra I think I find the bad boys too and have dated to many. LOL. Between me and you we have probably dated them all!!

Pam I get that about your kids. I had a guys I dated for two years that really was hard on my daughter after we broke up. Long story but he could have done a better job of working his way out of her life. Same thing to many broken promises. She hates him to this day!!

Adult company Pam!! THat could be me!!! LOL. Ok, ok I know I am not male!! :-P But if it is company your looking for there are alot of us around the sacramento area.

I am sorta jaded on relationships right now. I want to get my head on straight first. I figure one I do that I will find someone who is a perfect, emotionally stable match for me. My daughter is also getting more independant so as times goes on I will have more and more time............I am just not ready yet I know that much!!

Ok than pass it on to the next weight loss survivor........ah, oh..............weight loss successor!! LOL

evening ladies,

Pam best thing you can do is make a clean break. I know when I used to hook up with losers and finally made up my mind to move on I was so happy and end up kicking my self for sticking around so long. So think about how much time your wasting, you could be using this time to get over him. Good guys seem to come from unsuspecting places so spend time on yourself and he'll come along. My motto is believe it and you will achieve it. Ok enough of Dr. Jes....

I'm at -.8 lb so almost a pound under surg. goal. I guess I need to just go to KP SF to weigh in, it's up the block from my office. I hate to take time off just to go to Richmond to weigh in. Did anybody else do their weigh in at a different location than Richmond?

You guys are cracking me up! Dollar in the traveling pants - I really like that idea! You can write, "good luck on your journey! from Richmond Kaiser @lapbandtalk.com" or something like that, on the bill, and leave it in the next pocket! Pay it forward, LOL did anyone see that movie? OMG. . .

Relationships yucko. I have been divorced for 10 years and have put my kids through 2 crappy men since. I swore them off after the last one - 5 years ago - and have let no one around them since. We were all much happier! But now the kids are older and I thought well it's time, started looking again and get plenty of attention now, but then I justy hate not feeling like I can be myself! I have a gazillion friends of both genders and we are out having a good time - GREAT time - most weekends, I just want to have fun with my friends and not worry about what some guy I am "seeing" is thinking of me or if I am giving him enough attention or if I am pissing him off or - WHATEVER. I am too independent, I love being me and having fun, and that's not going to change! If it happends that i meet the right one who can deal with that fine, but I'm done looking. Until I'm like ready to retire, then I'll settle down LOL

Just got in from another darned hike, hey only 13 miles today aren't you girls proud that I am taking it easy?? No food after 6 for the 2nd night in a row!!! Yay!!! Oops now I feel hungry just typing that!

YAY Jes, congrats! Yeah someone on here went somewhere else to get weighed in prior to making their appt. with Liz, they just have to put it into the system so the gals see it and will schedule your appt!! Yay, congrats girl!!!

Edited by riley4183

I called and told Kelly I was at goal and she schedule an appointment. I tried to weigh in a Kaiser but they girls in Sacramento didn't do it right and Richmond couldn't see it. But anyway I just had to verbally tell them I was at goal. By the time I got my appointment a week later I was down a couple more pounds.

Gotta agree with you Riley I am happier without trying to "find a man." You said it exactly that it is more fun to just hang out with friends and be yourself. Totally agree on that. Relationships can get stressful. I am done looking too if something falls in my life I might consider it but I am not easily impressed and I think I am can a pain to date cause I expect so much.............LOL. It would take alot to impress me. BUt I have no intention of looking for something cause I haven't like my past choices to much...............LOL.

I need me time for at least the first year to just do my thing and focus on my and my daughter until I get to goal and feel like I have my head on straight!!

Absolutely Tina! And it's hard to put up with guys who don't realize how perfect we really are . . . LOL, I know I am too picky, and I know relationships involve sacrifices, and right now I'm not willing to make them! Right now, it is all about ME - for the first time EVER - and it feels really, really good! I'm not giving this up!

Hey Jes, Dr. fisher told me to just go to my pcp and get weighed in just so it's documented - then email him to let him know it's there and he'll get the ball rolling. I would love to be at .8 - of course that would really suck if i stayed there as long as i have in this position - lmao

riley you CAN be yourself around a man - you have a great sense of humor and such a fun personality - any man would love to be with a woman like you! Although, don't think they can keep up hahaha - I am so gonna write on that dollar and pay it forward - love that idea - I did see that movie and of course was balling at the end.

My new favorite move - the proposal - i was cracking up! sandra is a freak!

Pam, the right man usually comes along when you're not looking - you need to get out of the house, do something for yourself - you devote all your time to your kids and it's time for you to do you - get some new panties and get a mani/pedi - a new outfit -a haircut - anything that makes you feel sexy and strut with confidence!

You all know what would work for me - sexy red push up bra - whoo hoo - if any of ya'll see one in the extra humungus size, let me know!

Ooh! - Activity meet - lets go dancing! salsa or some shit. That would be great fun! Who's down?? Nicole, I know you're in my little dancing queen!

Anybody heard from Nicole - Dying to know what happened today at the interview!

tina you ain't gotta look for no man cuz they are looking for you! I get what you're saying about getting your self where you want to be first - they say you attract the kind of person as the vibes you put out - so get ur vibes right LOL

Time to bathe & get ready for bed. See ya tomorrow ladies - Riley you should call in sice and come - it's a sanity check