Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

OK, for all you girls (oh good morning BTW) who hate excercise and think I'm a sicko - YOU ARE RIGHT!! Just as I thought, after doing the 17 miles yesterday - burning off 1,777 cals and taking in 1,013 cals - my scale is UP a pound-and-a-half!!! My body just freaks out with that kind of a deficit and starts hanging on the everything that it can - Water and otherwise. So my plan today is to drink a gallon of the diet cranberry juice, and eat salad, fruit and other high-water-content foods - soy Protein Powder and soy milk, all plant-based today and I am hoping that will help me with my elimination issues!

Should never have gotten on the scale this morning, this happens every time I overdo it with exercise. I log my weight Friday mornings, so I should have just waited the other day! Scared I will be up though, and I don't want to have to record another gain . . .

Seems like I have not had restriction the last couple days, but I have not been hungry either so maybe that's where I'm supposed to be. I am trying to get down enough that Dr. Baggs will let me come in to the next Pinole group fill - what day is that again? 23rd? - instead of waiting until August. "Enough" is probably 10 lbs., and I don't think I'll make that but I sure can try!!

Have a great morning everyone!!:thumbup:

Good Morning Ladies!

My scale is good to me today. I'm very excited. I have to get to the gym since I've had 4 rest days in a row. That's what seems to happen, I have school on Tuesday nights so I don't get any exercise, but then I'm tired the next night so I don't do anything Wed either! What is that about?

I am home from work today ........sick. Ahh bad timing I have so much to do.

Not hungry today. We will see how it goes as the day goes on. I am going back to bed. Hoping to feel better when I get up.

only 723 calories yesterday. Same weight this morning even though I feel lighter. Ah just how it goes I guess.....

Yucko Tina, feel better hunny! Lots of fluids . . . . even though you will want salt, not so LOL . . .

Heather, so happy about your scale! Maybe your scale can have a chat with my scale about how to behave to keep us motivated?!? YOU GO GIRL!!

Good Morning Everyone:D

Riley i bet if you are down five from the fill you could email baggs and tell him you are down 5 and you feel realllly loose.. and you really need some restriction! Because as we get smaller, it takes less to get loose. I was told to email if im ever needing a fill sooner. If you are down ten he will probably say AWESOME!!! And then follow up with, "well i dont think you need a fill if your loosing so much so fast:D" So it could end up being a double headed sword... :thumbup:

Heather you are doing Amazing! Look at you go!!!

Tina, i feel your pain sista! Wish when i was sick though that i didnt wanna eat, im the complete opposite... BUT, i did find that somehow i broke it up, cause my sore throat is gone and im just having to clear out now.. Remember to take your Vitamins, and rest, and try to get some exercise in...;) hugs girle:D

SOOO we are OFF to San Jose, oh my this better be the last time we have to go there.. youd think since a CEO wants someone that he could override the team... but nope the team wanted to interview mike first so whatever Interview number 4. He is a lil nervous, its like 6 Engineers, and he said they ask some of the most outrageous questions lol, but he said hes never failed with them before. BUT my dingleberry didnt get much sleep at all, he was up all nite redoing his computer.. so wonderful. All i know is I PRAY THAT HE GETS THIS JOB. So we can be DONE with this whole process!!!!:)

Good luck everyone, make good food choices, and keep a smile on your faces:D

I want in on the group scale chat!

Thanks Nicole, I just got on - I was having heart failure - what would I do without my girls!!! Database error - WTF! Maybe we have overloaded the system! Good luck to Mike to day!! Oh, my PCP told me I had PCOS! I had the test done immediately and I don't have it - I'm just lucky enough to have the symptoms LOL

Heather, aren't you the lucky one with the nice scale! Mine is on Time Out - I'm not speaking to it and I haven't since it raised my weight .9lbs - grrrr!

Glad you're having so much fun Christine - can't wait to be that person!

"EXERCISE" should be lump in as two four letter words! It really is a chore and I hate it! I did get my big butt up this morning - not quite at 4:30 - but 6:00 and did my C25K, Week 2, day 2 this morning and was watching that stupid clock that is right in front of my tread mill waiting for it to be over! Anybody thout of hypnotherapy? maybe that would work to change my mindset.. Just don't think I can be hypnotized though. I'm too skeptical of it.

I love the skechers Mary Janes and I want them to wear around the house and while shopping! Just cost too damn much to have two pairs!

Tina, hope you feel better soon!

I have a thought regarding the crystal light - I usually have the Decaf ice tea or the rasberry Ice - not too sweet. Anyway, so today, I filled up my 3L jug and only used half the amount of grapefruit that I would use of the others - so, actually, I'm drinking 1/2 the amount than I normally would and it tastes good. so that's my strategy for now to get in less CL and more Water.< /p>

Candra you are doing great and hypno therapy sounds fun! I would write more but we are walkin out the door now:D

Ttys!!

Nicole, that's what I was thinking too! I am down 7 from the fill right now, that may be too much in just 2 weeks . . . so my plan is to wait until about the 20th, then emailhim and tell him that I WAS down 10, but now I am re-gaining weight and need a fill again. He said I could call for one if I started to regain! It is my pattern you see. . . but he has also told me that I am far enough out and have lost enough weight that I do not need to be coming in every month for a fill anymore. Gotta lose to get one, but you ca'nt get one if you lose too well . . .

B - 1 apricot (20); diet carberry juice (20); latte with soy Protein powder (55 + 70); 1/2 cup eggbeaters (60)

L- 3 slices tofurkey (60); 15 cucumber slices (8); scant 1 oz. sunflower seeds (110)

I found one thing I can't eat - a fresh peach - I took two bites of one yesterday and within ten minutes it came back up - may have been the skin - but I'm not trying again for a while. I had my avocado mixture last night again with about 10 wheat thins. Back to my 1/4 cup tuna for Breakfast and lunch again today. I almost lost my breakfast after reading about a possible fourth furlough day or another 5% paycut.

Dr. Im appears to have a really different protocol when it comes to fills. I have 7 ccs and I can't imagine getting it any tighter and still being able to eat solids.

Hiya Pam! I got my first couple bites of apricot stuck this morning too - it was a big one, reminded me of a peach! and almost PB'ed right here at work. I skinned it and tried again and it went down just fine! Good thing, too, cause I love them . . but it was the only fruit with a "skin" that I have dared to try. Next time I will either peel it first, or be WAY more careful about chewing it . . it was so juicey, how could I possiblky have a problem?? But I did!

Sounds like you have great restriction right now, congrats! You waited a long time for it :-)

Hi Good thursday afternoon to you all! I have my first fill today, can't wait. I hope she gives me enough because I can eat alot if I allow myself but I have been good. This morning my scale was at 272, I was hoping to be in the 260's oh well can't have it all. Hopefully the fill will help, so that I can start losing again.

Heather, I'm glad your scale is speaking to ya!.

Pam, good to hear from you and it seems like you are doing better, you go girl!

Candra, you are just too funny about your scale! I will send you samples of my food intake during pre-op, actually here you go:

B: Protein Shake 160cal, 30g Protein, 1g carb

L: 3-4oz boiled chicken(well seasoned), mixed green salad, 1tbs onion vinegrette dressing.

D: 3-4oz any meat, Brocolli, 1/4cup or less rice

No snacks...

Thanks reggie - I will eat that and only that menu till my 4.9lbs are gone - it's probably more by now but not speaking to my scale so I don't know yet!

Hi Pam - good to hear from ya - sorry bout the peach but it looks like Jane has the answer to that!

Ok, is it petaluma walk time yet - I just can't seem to sit still today - did someone spike my CL? I love feeling energetic but it only happens once every blue moon!

Got kind of a small compliment today - one of the gals in the office next to me asked me this morning how much weight I've lost! I told her none but she said that she can see a difference. She asked what i was doing and I said "nothing - walking more" I'm not prepared to tell anybody about this crusade I'm on yet so mums the word still.

Candra, i forgot to tell you that I only drink Water with lemon. I don't do the crystal light thing and no soda. Also are you waiting for an hour after you eat to drink? Girl you got it you are there, you just don't know it yet LOL.