Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Poor ducky!

Anybody remember the "Fit for Life" diet, it was popular in like the 1980s? Fresh fruit only in the AM, never combine Protein and carbs, and nothing after 6 pm? They recommended no flesh food, no dairy and no eggs either, so it's pretty much a vegan diet . . . I lost 80 lbs on it once, obviously gained it back!! But I think I am going to try fresh fruit only in the AMs and nothing after 6 again . . .don't eat carbs and almost never eat meat, so . . . . what do yall think? Anybody familiar with it?

Hi Riley,

I am familiar with that diet. It may not be a bad idea, considering you are a vegan right? You have to find a way to get your protein in. I think protein is key with this LB. Try and see. I on the other hand am a carnivore LOL , can't do without meat lol, but can do without high carbs.

Well at this point anything that will you lose your last few pounds and maintain is worth the try. If anyone can do it you can.

Hey has anyone heard from candy lately, I'm worried about her.

Hi all,

Nicole, you are so awsome! I wish I could rescue an animal and actually be of some use to the poor thing! BTW: Still no evite - I'm beginning to feel like you don't want me there :smile2: LOL I will have my niece (15) & nephew (9) with me - are kids ok? See you Friday?

Jes, Thanks for missin me :) I've been down & out with a Migraine. The injections I get from Kaiser knock me out for quite some time!

Donna - so sorry I missed your calls - again, down & out! I PM'd you - hope you get it soon or got it but I'll call you when I get out of here. glad you got your fill - and all that flippin weight you're losing!!! What is the actual address to Mimi's?

Reggie, I'd like a copy of your sample menu - seriously, can't get these last few lbs off to save my life! Can't wait to actually meet you Friday - whoo hoo!

Pam, have so much fun at six flags! but you will be missed Friday!

Tina - my weight is ALL OVER THE F*&^! PLACE TOO. I feel your pain. I don't know what is going on - I've emailed my Doc to have my thyroid checked - just in case - I have never NOT cheated on a diet, nor have I ever exercised so consitantly so I should be a size 8 by now - LOL. Seriously, I don't understand why I'm not losing anything at all - and sometimes my wight is up! GRRRR

Tanifaire - Welcome. Looking forward to meeting you Friday and following your success.

So, ladies, remeber Jessika/pnkpassion? She finally got approved by her insurance and no sooner did they approve it, her doctor moved her surgery date up to July 14th - whoo hoo! No required prior weight loss or special diet or anything! Guess things are a little different in Georgia - LOL. So, good for her!

Hey Nicole I have a lady I work with that runs an animal rescue that will take the duck. You would have to get it to placerville or bring it to my work though. She has a farm with a pond. She takes in all the strays around here.

She is also trying to get the bird rescue here in sacramento. She is getting an address and phone

Ok Nicole here is the phone number 965-9453 for the bird rescue. If they won't take the bird let me know my friend will take it up at her farm. Hope that helps out.

Reggie, Candra - am going to miss both you girls on friday :smile2: !!

Reg no I'm not vegan - I eat eggs, and I WAS eating cheese products (no milk, lactose issues) but I have been SO stopped up - ifyaknowhatimean - that I cut that out a week or so ago . . . i am darned close to vegan! I am trying to eat fish as Protein, I was ovo-lacto vegetarian when I started this journey and agreed with Robin to eat meat for 1 year, even though it would be canned chicken and fish only - cannot deal with carcass - and last time I had a sit-down food journal meeting with her, she said I was getting twice the protein that I needed and I could transition back to vegetarianism!! Yay, after only 6 months of eating meat! I have found, though, that it is HARD to get the "band-full" feeling without meat. Fish is especially good for me to get full on a little bit without BPing, so I am going to continue to eat fish for a while. I eat a LOT of soy, and since there is medical evidence that it MAY trigger some estrogen-related cancers - and I am adopted so don't know if it runs in my family or not - we are limiting my soy Proteins to 25 grams a day. But most meat analogs are made with gluten and whey, both of which I have problems with, so it is TOUGH to get 60 grams of protein for me, and still limit my carbs! I manage - by eating a lot of eggbeaters!!!

Anyway Fit for Life is so "old" that they did not even envision some of the meat analogs, sugar-free products and other things that are available today . . but I really do like the idea of fresh fruit every morning and othing after 6 pm - and of not eating carcass with carbs!!

So I had 2 cups of fresh sliced stawberries for Breakfast this morning, no PBing no nuthin! Yay. I lost back that 4 lbs of Water (and the other, LOL) weight that I had temporarily gained, yay me - so am holding at 8 lbs. down since my fill. I expect I will lose all restriction again in about 5-6 more pounds and need another fill, but I will cross that bridge/email Dr. Baggs when I get there!

7.5 miles so far today ladies, but it is HOT out there already so won't be doing my afternoon walk . . will do a 1-miler at noon if I can find enough shade (which will mean walking around the big dark jail, which is totally creepy, LOL), but there's no way I'm getting my freckled irish skin out there in 90+ degrees mid-afternoon. Going to need to find a hiking buddy for after work today, maybe along the Russian River where it's REALLY cooler than inland

Gott go appear to be workin' for the man, have a great day all!

ARRGGGHHH!!! I am starving!

1 Decaf latte made with soy slender (70 cals, 7 Protein, 4 Fiber 1 net carb)

Now I want my lunch!! This fruit-only thing takes some getting used to!!!

Riley, your little size 12 butt will be greatly missed Friday :smile2:

If you are ever free on a Saturday, we can meet half way in Petaluma and do lunch if you'd like! Jess lives by me too and so does Tamra so we can all hook up - And anybody else who wants to do the traveling!!!

Ok, so my husband and his bright flippin ideas! We got the skechers shape ups and we walked in them this morning and, now, on top of sore thighs from C25K that I also did this AM - Week 2, day 1 complete - I have sore calves! Grrr!

All this pain with no gain - is it worth it? Hmmmmm?

Dudette, Candra, we should s totally do that, and make it an activity event! There is a new park opening in petaluma @ the end of July, I will post the info! YAY!! A group "moving" activity!!!

Perfect, Riley!!! I'm down for that! Jes, Tamra - ladies - anybody else down for that??

As soon as the park opens let's do it!

good sicussion re: green zone - to fill or to unfill - etc

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f17/you-green-zone-25523/

OK going to go look for the park info now! BRB

Jane, I was just thinking how refreshing it is to have friends that want to get out and do things besides going to Applebees to have perfect margheritas and a fat ass plate of - sorry tina - nachos. LOL

LOL, this comes from a website put together to fight an asphalt plant project here - the asphalt plant lost - it was going to expand right next to this park!

This would be a GREAT walk, we could get in up yo 8 miles! That's more than a 10K ladies! Let's PLAN IT!!

PETALUMA WETLANDS

At the end of July, the new Ellis Creek trail will be opened to the public, adding over two miles to an existing trail system in the Petaluma wetlands that includes strolls through Alman Marsh, and around Shollenberger Park. One will be able to walk almost eight miles (roundtrip) starting at the Sheraton Hotel located at the Petaluma Marina. This will only enhance what many (Greenbelt Alliance, S.F. Chronicle, etc.) have already described as a top destination for nature lovers.

The 500-acre contiguous wetlands, left unspoiled, have much to offer - 200 species of birds, 25 species of mammals, reptiles and amphibians, over 100 types of plants, with trails that meander through or are adjacent to a variety of habitats ranging from seasonal ponds, uplands, to salt marshes. At points in the trail one walks alongside the Petaluma River. The headquarters of the Point Reyes Bird Observatory (PRBO) is also located next to Shollenberger. PRBO is world famous for its research efforts and provides educational services to the public on-site. Additionally, the Petaluma Wetlands Alliance (PWA) conducts wetland tours. Its website features hundreds of wildlife photos, http://www.petalumawetlands.org/.

Oh and we should invite Liz!! She loves these activities! I will have folks from my Santa Rosa Kaiser WLS program there too :-)

Ok, so my husband and his bright flippin ideas! We got the skechers shape ups and we walked in them this morning and, now, on top of sore thighs from C25K that I also did this AM - Week 2, day 1 complete - I have sore calves! Grrr!

All this pain with no gain - is it worth it? Hmmmmm?

Candra, How are the sketcher shape-ups? I am so ready for a pair. Do they really work your legs and but out? Losing weigh is causing me to lose my AASSS, so I have to firm those babies up :smile2:. How much did they cost?

Candra sorry but margaritas and a fat-ass plate of nachos sounds HELLA good right about now!!!

We can avoid the carbs in the margaritas this way Baja Bob's :: sugar free Margarita, Low Carb drinks & Mixes

and make Hungry Girl - Tuesday Newsletter nachos with reduced-fat cheese and fat-free beans! trying to figure out what to do about the chips still . . .I handle it by putting a blob on a plate, and using a single chip over & over to eat the blob until it gets too limp to scoop with! But there are also some FAB chips @ trader joe's that are hemp and flaxseed - SO yummy!

Edited by riley4183