Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Oh Nicole, watermelon sounds SO GOOD!!!!! Yum I could eat 2 cups of it, and I do - freaks Robin out, but when you think about it watermelon is mostly Water, 2 cups compresses down to like 1/2 a cup . . . .of course I could also eat 2 cups of strwaberries before the last fill, not so much now . . .

OMG I want watermelon! Too tired to walk another freakin' mile to the store tho

Wow, off for a fill one day, and I spend the evenin catching up reading the posts!!! I am ROFL, I just got back, lonnnnnng ride (traffic) then picked up me handsome hubby, then home.

Yes! I got a fill! Yes it was a great appt with my surgeon (Dr. Alami) and I am now at 6.3CC's! So as he said we approach it carefully to get to and keep at the green zone.

Yes! Riley that was me, lolol. Sorry ladies to keep you all in suspense, nice to be missed lol!

Yes! I changed my ticker...to reflect Dr. Alami's and my conversation, he said, I am at 45% off excess weight!!! He put me at 90 lbs, but I say 100 (of course we all go lower then the chart says)

Hi Tanifare, and welcome to the bestest group of Sisters of Surgery to go through it with...please come on Friday...

Candi, maybe we can start earlier..like 12:00 - 15, I can & will def stay to meet the one and only Reggie! Ladies, should we do Mimi's again, the 'back' room with our sweet server?

Thnks, Tina, Nicole, Reggie and Riley, the yellin at me..it works! ehehehe...me :)

O)h yay Donna, glad to hear it went well! I SO wish I couold go Friday! I miss that Reggie girl too :-)

Tina, gosh darn it all, I am done even trying to eat! 3 PBs on the 3 chicken tries, I boiled some nice edamame and put Brummell & Brown yogurt butter on the and was IMMENSLEY enjoying the, thinking yes this is exactly what I needed, so much better than meat its a slider (from the yogurt butter) but I won't PB it, when I get stuck again and - - - nice green PB! Holy moley, I am drinking unsweetened almond milk and that's IT. I give up! The 658 sunflower seeds calories will sustain me I'm sure :-)

Donna, so the girls up here @ Kaiser Santa Rosa call Dr. Alami "Dr. Yum-Yum"! I'll BET you had a good day! :-)

I weigh and I am only one pound up from this morning. Gonna hit the Water here since I am only at 1/2 of what I am suppose to be right now...............

We will see how it goes. I really could eat some more and have been craving nachos for days now. I refuse to buy the chips but I am thinking my daugther needs to order taco bell nachos so I can taste them......but she won't ....cause I will taste them.......... I want a couple of bites not the whole darn bag. If I buy them it is all over...........

Who wants some nachos?? LOL. Can I taste yours??

Donna I know about the green zone there is the lap band book I have that explains all of it......interesting!!

Hi Tanifare,

Welcome! Yes we are a cool group of ladies. We have supported each other since day1. the 1200cal diet is simple, minimize your carb intake and slightly increase your Protein. I can send you a sample of my meal plan if you'd like. When is your surgery and how far along in the process are you? Please disclose some info :-). weight, how much you need to lose before surgery. For the most part we all know where we are weight wise and it helps us track when we fall off the wagon so to speak :-). We are meeting for lunch this friday if you'd like to join us( if the other ladies don't mind), you may get some of your questions answered.

Thank you so much. I would love if you could send me a sample... I also would love to meet for lunch if the other ladies don't mind. I am 245 and have my orientation appointment on the 14 of this month... So in reality I just started... Thank you for your reply

Riley I hear you on the PB'ing. I gave up last night and figured it was just a low cal day..........but today I can so eat anything.........usually at Panera I can't finish my lunch today I finished it all not even a little of the last bite syndrome....of course I didn't touch the bread at all.......soup and salad only!! Actually no bread today except for the pizza I sampled but it was like a cracker......

Oh wait there was bread on the starbuck sandwich and it didn't bother me at all today.......three days ago I could only eat 1/2 of it.......

I don't know. Moody band I have here!! I prefer when it barks a bit louder than today though......

Hi and welcome to the bandster life:D

First off do not try to start loosing weight yet. They will weigh you on the 14 and that is the "starting" weight.. from that point hit the 1200 cal diet, to be honest it is easy just follow the huge list of stuff. In reality its a LOT of food... Since you have been reading the board you see what post op life is like.. way less cals then preop...

After you start the orientation and first couple appts as long as you loose the weight you can be in surgery in Oct or nov. Some girls actually had it done within 2 months, but it is rare. All depends on the luckiness of appt dates. Just do what a lot of hte girls did and call for cancelations, i wasnt a big caller so it went slower, but still i was in surgery 4 months later, coulda been 3 but i had a vegas trip...:)

You should come to the lunch date on Friday! We would loooove to have you!

Thank you Nicole

The lunch is open invitation. all are welcome.

How tall are you? I was 254 and 5'5. I only had to lose 12 pounds to get my surgery. Everyone is different thought. ANd don't lose before you go into orientation........believe me don't. Wear heavy shoes and jeans (drink and eat as well before you go but NOT in the class!!) to weigh the first time.......than never again. From there on out you need light clothes and no shoes to weigh!!

I have to promote Dr. Baggs if you asking!! :-) Liked him alot!! Lap band King not that he will admit it though :-)

Edited by swrktp

happy monday, though it's almost over.

Donna, I got your message today, I was in a meeting so I had to hurry and hit the decline button :) left my ringer on. Glad you got your fill, I know you were looking forward to it.

Candra, where are you? haven't heard from you in a couple days.

Well I've had a rollercoaster couple days. On the fourth I did OK, meat and salad mostly. I did eat tiny square of a brownie, yummy! Since I'm telling, a sangria! I was so tipsy, haven't had a drink in a while.

Yesterday and today much better

B/L=4 small chicken strips and cucumber salad

D=baby greens w/ 4 oz steak

still trying to get the ret of the Water in.

Tina, I'm a nacho junkie so I feel your pain.

I have never been a nacho person but goodness all weekend I have wanted them.........I figure if I could taste them it would be over one way or another........I would realize I don't like them or that I DO LIKE THEM............that is what I am afraid of.

I don't know sometimes I think you have to have a bite of something now and than...........the way I ate today I would have been better off with nachos and none of the other stuff........LOL.

I am in danger zone and it is all over nachos!!

The lunch is open invitation. all are welcome.

How tall are you? I was 254 and 5'5. I only had to lose 12 pounds to get my surgery. Everyone is different thought. ANd don't lose before you go into orientation........believe me don't. Wear heavy shoes and jeans (drink and eat as well before you go but NOT in the class!!) to weigh the first time.......than never again. From there on out you need light clothes and no shoes to weigh!!

I have to promote Dr. Baggs if you asking!! :-) Liked him alot!! Lap band King not that he will admit it though :-)

I read all you said about Dr. Baggs. I was hoping to get him. I don't know if we can ask for him... I am about 5'5... My heaviest was 285 tho... I just have to work so hard to lose anything and it takes an act of God to keep it off... Can you let me know where exactly you guys are having lunch. I am in the Sacramento area... Also what does pb mean or was it bp?? anyway thanks again...

swrktp, I was also wondering how is your hair doing? I am gonna flip out if I lose my hair... It's the only thing I have left on me that I like...LOL

I am still losing hair. IT is thinner, yep for sure. But I no one besides me has noticed. I hear it comes back. I am not bald or anything but I had really thick hair and don't now. Worse around my face and temples..........but the weight lose is worth it. Now if I was bald than I might be freaking out a bit more.........just hair on my clothes and in the shower all the freaking time.........ponytail is not thick anymore. I hear from others it will come back.............I believe it :-)

You can absolutely ask for Dr. Baggs! He's our Lapband King :-)

I started losing hair (it comes out in the shower, no biggie) 2 weeks before surgery (I was losing 3 lbs a week). It stopped about 3 months out when I was no longer losing that much. Hair loss is like your dog shedding - hair falls out, but the dog's not ever bald! I do have a bunch of 1-inch long hair now that I can't straighten, LOL