Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

It's Thursday for me too. Tomorrow isn't a state holiday - we get a Saturday holiday which we can use whenever. I learned this morning not to eat Breakfast while reading furlough memos. I couldn't finish my hard boiled egg and almost pbd what I had eaten. We are now at 3 days a month unpaid furlough and we don't get to save them or pick which day we want to take - it will be the first three Fridays each month. We start on July 10 this month though. Can the band tighten with stress?

Pam, absolutely it tightens with stress! I have learned in no uncertain terms that I CANNOT eat when I am stressed or I will PB. A blessing in disguise I think . . .

I hear you on the furlough, my memo will come anytime now . . .we already have been told we have to take 2 mandatory weeks off without pay at Christmas - which isn't so bad, as they spread the financial impact out over the whole year - but I should get the additional 10% reduction memo any day - and I am already upset just thinking about it! Last paycheck the new $800 addiktional for family health insurance started coming out of our checks, now this . . . already I came close to PBing twice at work this morning - once on a scrambled egg, for Pete's sake!

OH NO, 3 days now! My goodness! Isnt the economy supposed to get better:(

Yea it can get tighter with stress unfortunately.. im guessing since people get tight around pms and around stres..

Well I just called and cancelled my pest control that I have had for 12 years. The guy tried to find a way to make it work, but it wasn't enough to make a difference. I already tried to cancel my home phone, but due to a promotion I have on my dsl until next May, it would cost me more to cancel the phone and just have dsl.

I decided a cheese stick wasn't going to work for lunch, so I am trying Healthy Weight oatmeal and not doing too well - goodness where do all these gurlgles and burps come from?

Candra - I have your black and white shirt on today with the tie in the back - I have already gotten two compliments. I feel kind of weird in it as my arms are showing and what little cleavage I have is visible too. I definitely need to get a better bra. :tongue2:

Morning/afternoon ladies... Geez, I have one hectic day where I can't monitor my computer and you all chat away page after page after page.

So sorry I missed last night, Jes, my nephew got sick, then a bloody nose & his mom didn't show up till 6:20 - whew. I was busy with him so dinner didn't get made till late but:

COUCH TO 5K, WEEK 1, DAY 2: COMPLETE.

Got it done late, but got it done!

Riley, send off some of those exercise addiction vibes to me will ya? Also, Im not a morning person - I wake up tired so send me some of those vibes too.

Im on Facebook and I will try to figure out how you can find me LOL. I hardly ever get on it though - I usually use it just to check on my inlaws in Alabama! But I will make an effort on that.

Heather - you could be retaining Water in the heat with the exercising thing. I do! my hands & fingers get swollen when I'm working out - I can retain as much as 4lbs - I weighed myself one morning - my fingers still felt thick - took a real hot shower and weighed again after drying my hair of course and was 4lbs less than I was 30 min prior.

Oh, and Jes, you will be at goal in about 10 minutes, whoo hoo!

Pam, enjoy the shirt and let your arms show girl! people are too busy checkin out that cleavage to even notice your arms! Red push up, Im tellin ya! Can you tell that I want one of those real bad LOL They don't make them anywhere close to my size

Speaking of bra sizes I just learned yesterday after spending 30 minutes on the phone with the lady at barenecessities.com, that european sizing is much smaller than UK sizing so even though you order the exact same size they won't be anywhere close to the same. So, out with the european bras and in with the uk bras!

Tamra, that's what I do too - look at pics for motivation - that's how I found 2flyguys and pnkpassion (jessika) Have you all seen 2flyguys - she has done AMAZING with the band - so well that people keep trying to tell her she had bypass! She's rockin size 8 now - down from, I think a 24 - in less than a years time! Check her out.

So I haven't weighed myself in a few days, decided to follow Christines lead - I will weigh in tomorrow morning and let you all know if the new amped up workout is helping me at all

Oh, Tina, I got on the other pair of capri's that I got from you and guess what I found - a dollar in the pocket - it's been thru the washer & dryer but it will still work - I'll save it for you!

Congrats to Mike, Nicole - I will keep my fingers crossed that you will be happy with the offer. Also, I use to date a body builder and he said the same thing about working out too much will keep you from losing weight - our bodies aren't stupid ya'll! They will do their damndest to hold on to all it's stored fat for a rainy day! How can I get an advanced look at the stuff you're selling at the party Saturday - I like to be prepared!

Candra:

Yup you can go onto Wildtree Herbs i love their cooking oils cause its all natural and doesnt ruin the taste of food.. but yeah check out the shopping on there:D I have my list ready too i like being prepared:D

Girl you rock this eating thing, you are going to do very well after surgery. I know most of us followed the preop diet to a t so we had the fruit and stuff allowed.. and bread. you sooo need to show liz your food journal it might get you a super early surgery:D

Candra I used to wake up tired! Are you on a CPAP?

I went for a walk at lunch today, and ate gazpacho but that's more like a beverage . . trying to wait as long as I can to eat, but starting to get real hungry! I am going to have some soy milk with soy Protein Powder and SF raspberry sauce, and see if that hold me until 4 . . . .

Nicole: I will check it out! I eat like this only to lose weight - I know my body and I will NOT lose an oz if I don't stay away from ALL carbs, white flour and/or sugar. I swear I'm like a crack addict when it comes to that stuff

I was thinking you said that it was easier to lose weight before the band but you have to know the bigger you are, the easier it comes off and you are so tiny now that your body is in survival mode! LOL

Riley: No, I had a sleep study done last April and was told that I have sleep apnea - the night they monitored me I stopped breathing an average of 5.5 times per hour & woke up 12 times without even realizing it. Their prescription for me is "LOSE WEIGHT" that's how I got referred to the bariatrics department for WLS. I am so tired of being tired and having zero energy!

Candra, 5.5 isn't high enough to get a CPAP unless you are also symptomatic - which you are. If it was the take-home test, and you have symptoms like tired and headaches - which I KNOW you do - then they should do it again, or refer you to a sleep center. They want you to be on a CPAP for 2 months before surgery tho, if you need one - 5.5 is actually close to normal, but waking up 12 times is not!

When I did my into class here @ Santa Rosa Kaiser, we had to all take the screening test. Epworth Sleepiness scale I think it's called. Write on there that you fall asleep in the AM, have headaches, are sleepy and snore!

Good Info, Riley - I don't really know what Dr. Fisher will have me do becaue he said he's not going to have me do another sleep study since I had already done one. But maybe I will still get to do the sleepiness scale thing. Everytime I talk to my PCP about it he sends me I'm depressed and sends me to the shrink - the phychiatrist just sends me back and says I'm not depressed - LOL I never get anywhere with it - I've had this problem since my early 20's.

Yeah i did think it was easy pre band but you can be right.. Because Riley and Donna are close to my weight and we all slowed down on the losses.. Which to be honest i really dont mind, It is giving me time to let my eyeballs catch up lol.

I made the BEST lunch today... i took ham and tuna mixed it with 1tbsp mayo and some mustard and did a squirt of pam and then cooked it like a hamburger patty then set it ontop of a piece of lettuce.. it was soo yummy:) Gosh im getting balsey with food lately.. guess im getin bored lol

Ywaza Candra, that sucks! I guess you could call the sleep center dept. - you have to be referred, but you WERE referred - and leave a message & ask them if you can repeat the sleep study, or find the Epsworth online, fill it out and fax it to your PCP . . .I would not go through Dr. Fischer for it, because it could delay your surgery! I did not get diagnosed until a month before my surgery - 2 days after I got my surgery date! - and only had a CPAP for 2 weeks before surgery, I was scared to death they would cancel so I just didn't tell them! After I was prepped Dr. Baggs came in and I said oh by the way I have a CPAP now, he said yeah fine you can use it when you get home. That was it, thank God . .. . but I can TOTALLY tell the difference when I use it and when I don't! Maybe someone on this Board has lost enough weight that they don't use it anymore and can let you borrow it?

Nicole, I WISH I was close to your weight! Skinny little balsey food girl, LOL!!

Hiya Ladies...I couldnt resist...CPAP talk! Candra honey, you know what I think, I bored u to tears with it, lol. But, as Riley says, it is incredible the rest you get from sleeping with it, headaches, fatigue AND fat go away, due to really sleeping and producing the weight maintenance/growth hormone from true sleep. I even just ck my scale, for a difference when I sleep short (5 hrs) compared to 7-8 hrs, and there is a lost everytime from good even average sleep!

Tis why I am so concerned for you, to get a machine, and what a difference it makes. YES, since my surgery, I have gone in for a sleep study, and YES, had to knock down my level (air pressure measurement) to not feel like I am being blasted! So I have hopes as I have heard from other patients, that they dont use it anymore!!!

Ok, so now to work on the other thing...emotional food eating...not quite fixed with a machine! But with my band... I do have hope! A tool/port in my side ready for a fill. lolol :tongue2: