Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

I ate 3/4 a cup of lentils today. I was starving. Did the Protein Shake this morning.

I had 1 cup which I could eat yesterday but only was able to eat 3/4. Not 1/4 I know. But I guess I have a little restriction today.

I also got really hungry about 2 hours later and I kept asking myself is this head hunger or really hungry. Seriously it was really hunger so I had a piece of weight watchers cheese......damn snack I know, I know. Well I PB'd right back up. I really tried to hold it down and wait it out but it came back up.........thinking to myself "no Snacks Tina get a clue!!"

I guess .5 is a good thing but like the guy said yesterday you really do get hungry.............

I don't feel full at all with 1/4 cup. But maybe with the next fill I will go from 3/4 to 1/4.........

I am having alot of people around for lunch tomorrow and my mom is cooking all day. I think I get to taste everything and not much else ..............LOL.

Seriously don't want another PB'ing episode between now and when I go back for a fill. Dr. Baggs probably won't give me one if I don't get this figured out.............

My dad told me if they tell you don't eat to much than just don't and you won't throw up again. He said it is easy I don't know why you don't get it. Arrghhh..............I told him I had to eat 1/4 cup of food and he was like not that can't be right you won't survive. He asked me how long are you gonna do this it isn't healthy!! So much for support huh??

The cheese was the Protein on my salad, not WW but that nice, fat shaved parmesan curls - YUM not sticky at all, it did not come up but I sure felt it! I waited QUITE a while between every bite. And the few lettuce pieces I dipped in this almost-pure-olive-oil dressing, so they were nice and slippery. Then I had that really deep burp that apparently IS my done signal - it starts in my knees, I swear, and does this slow, LOUD rumble up slowly into my chest -OH it feels good, I see where the guys get it from now! Then I know it's time to stop :-) So I did, and I was fine - for 2 hours.

OK girls, I need advice: My eating times (I get up at 5) are 6 (soy slender latte); 9 (breakfast), 12 (lunch) 4 ("dinner a") and 7 ("dinner b"). Bed at about 9:30 or 10; if I go to bed earlier I will wake up in the middle of the night and not be able to go back to sleep. The 4 o'clock "dinner a" is my problem; I can (and have) cut the 6 am latte out. right now I do it for the protein. But I am STARVING - my brain is starving too, I can't think and my mind is frozen - at 4 o'clock. I tried just having like vege broth at 4 to fool my brain into thinking that I had had something to eat, but robin said no not to even do that because it's feeding the snacking mentality and just making it harder for me to get out of it. But I AM HUNGRY!!!!

Ideas?

Tina, yeah no kidding - thanks Dad!

I think it is 1/4 to 1/2 cup of Protein, followed by 1/2 cup of raw veggies (or 1/4 cup cooked, which I never do) or 1/4 cup of fruit. 3 days ago I could wolf down 2 boiled eggs on 3 cups of raw spinach, no problemo! But right now I could probably do 1 egg and 6-8 leaves of the spinach - so 1/4 cup protein and 1/4 cup raw vegie. I have not PBed yet since my fill. I think this is what restriction feels like!!!!!!! 3rd fill's the charm!!!

Now let's see if the scale keeps agreeing :-)

Fri Afternoon to you Ladies! Excited for tomorrow too!

Hi Jes! So glad you are coming tomorrow, we will have a blast! Again, a few of us are going out after...

Here is info Jes...

Point West Medical Offices

1650 Response Road

Sacramento, CA 95815

You can enter either of the front doors, and walk towards the center and back hallway, there is usually a sign for the room we are in!

(Meeting the 4th Saturday of each month)

You can take 80 (Business) to Arden Way/Mall, stay to the right and turn to the right towards Cal Expo. I will give you a call with my number, in case you need more directions!

Donna Dr. Baggs and Liz were asking me alot of questions about the support group in Sacramento. They wanted the address, date time ect. They also wanted to know how many bansters we had showing up. I told them between 13-18 (trying to estimate in my head the people around the table that day) They seemed impressed with that. I told them I thought we had more like 20+ bandsters between the Kaiser group and online support group.

I emailed them both this morning and gave them all the information. They seemed interested in the support group and how active we all are and I know they love all the SAcramento ladies and the way we stick together. My guess is they will give out the information to their Sacramento clients and maybe even at orientation.

Just Liz said they can't "push" people to our group or arrange get togethers becuase of the HIPPAA laws.

So the group might grow. I have been strongly encouraged to keep up with the support group at every fill............:-)

I support you man! Even though I did just go eat the rest of that salad - read, MOST of it. No problem. Full now, but . . alas, I got only 3 hours out of it. It's not even time for my 4 o'clock "dinner A" yet!! But maybe its cause I am not eating very dense stuff so soon after the fill-o. And then maybe it's my head hunger, stupid ugly growly thing!!!

Riley I think I have dinner a and b too.............I thought that was ok as long as the calories were low and you didn't eat bad things. Still trying to get ahold of the concept that dinner b is a snack.< /p>

So I guess I have to eat a bit more at dinner a to last all night or take something to sleep!! LOL.

I am not sure mine is head hunger I know about that.....oh boy do I know when I have that. This is really hungry I get about 8pm at night.

I am drinking alot of Water today. Some crystal light and I just mowed the front and back yard. I need the exercise so I did it myself today.

But I really have a bad, bad headache today. My port bruise is quite a beaty and getting more colorful by the hour!! I don't like to see it cause it looks worse than it hurts!!

Well at least your port is not hurting this time! Mine is just a little red so far . . . he had to poke around quite a bit, so I'm suprised there's no brusing yet . . . it didn't hurt though, none of them have hurt. On the 1st and 3rd fills the lidocaine stung a bit, but on the 2nd one I didn't even feel that!

I want SO bad to go join my friends camping (read, drinking and eating crap) tonight, I even have the tent etc. still in my car . . . but then I think, that will set me back over 200 lbs. again, is it worth it? I now have an official goal with my "Thrive" team of 185 by August 30th, the Santa Rosa Marathon (which is along the trails that I walk every day, so beautiful - I am SO blessed to live here!) So that is 14 lbs. in 9 weeks for me (all 4 of us in this particular challenge are 198 or 199 right now), all 3 of the others are RNY so this is how I try to keep up with them! I am HIGHLY competative, see now I won;'t go join one set of friends because I am intent on BEATING another set of friends!! 14 lbs in 9 weeks is what, 1.55 lbs. a week average - I can DO this!! :thumbdown:

I want another pound tomorrow!!!! I am going to go home and take a walk - hip is healing slowly, only let me get in 2 miles this morning b4 work but I have done a bunch of little walks all day and I am up to 8 miles, almost back to where I am supposed to be at!! It feels SO good to be excercising again, between seeing all you girls yesterday, seeing the scale fall this morning, and geeting myself moving again, my blues have lifted!

I want a pound by tomorrow too!! LOL.

I noticed you were limping a bit yesterday Riley.

Well weird but my band seems to be tightening up a bit. I am not getting food down very well. I am not full per see but I just can't eat alot either. I am hungry for more but I get stuck if I eat some more.........ok maybe that is bandster full.

Riley could you go camping and not S*N%A@C&K?

I sometimees have dinne a and dinner b...usually dinner b is something small like a couple of crackers and 1 laughing cow wedge...but still!!

Tinna..you were saying how your dad was like just stop....my hubby has been the biggest support ever but sometimes he will do that too...but then he always follows up with I'm sure its hard....it is......I try to picture how much I used to eat and how much I weighed...sometimes (and I mean sometimes) it really helps me just stop.....I notice since I got a fill though I get that horrible pain when I eat to much.....I hate it

Candra.....you are so pretty!!! I have to know where you got that shirt you have on in the picture Riley posted....I LOVE IT!!! Totally something I wouuld rock!!! :0)

OK ladies....wish me luck....as of right now I am 201.5...that means there is a small chance I may be under 200 by the weekend!!!!! I'm crying as I type this.....I can't believe it I never thought I would see the day.............GOD thank you!!!!!

SEE YAH 45 pounds will never be yah again!!!! PEACE THE #%# OUT POUNDS!!!!!!!!

Ok sorry had to bust out a little ghetto!!!!

Thank goodness for all of you.......angels!!!! (charlies angels at is)!!!!! :thumbdown:

Tina darling watch that you sound too tight..

SO GIRLS, i am doing fine with food today 1/4 is filling me i am trying so hard to stay away from carbs. I had my egg beaters and cheese for bfast and then 1/2 a chicken taco for lunch. and im still full.

What i doooo notice I AM DIEING OF THIRST! Oh my goodness! i cant get enough Water, if i dont drink i get icky feeling.. weired, never had that before. I still feel i can eat more though im just telling myself after my 1/4 c that im done. I also luckily havent had the option to snack:D

My interview went well will know next week:D