Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Yea I afraid of carbs Reggie. I am finding out they are in way to many things lately.............

I am stuck on a plataeu that has lasted way to long so I am searching for hidden carbs.

Ah how boring I am back to just Water again!!

Reggie girl our melting away how are you doing that?? I am struggling to lost. It just feel off in the beginning. YOur right this does take work!!

Thank you so much Reggie!!

I actually called Richmond today and their next avail class was at the end of July. I kept my 7/17 class because I originally had 8/20....I guess I will have to take the day off, since mine starts @ 9 am, and 4 hrs later It would be way to late to go to work!!

What type of diet is it? Is it suppose to help you loose weight before the surgery?

Tina, you little carb detective you! too bad about the slurpee - guess we shoud've known it was too good to be true - LOL

Damn, Reggie - you have lost so much weight - go girl!

Pam - WEAR THOSE TANK TOPS LIKE YOU OWN THAT CAMP SITE! I wear them all the time - I just don't walk past mirrors - LOL

Tamra - DO NOT TRIP, GIRL! Not all of us have to lose 10% I only have to lose 14 (and I'm not doing that so well at the moment) and I believe Tina only had to lose 12lbs - is that right, Tina? - Anyway, you CAN do this! I hope you decide to call Richmond and get in there. My Dr., Dr. Fisher, basically said that I dont' have to follow the pre op diet and that it contains way too many carbs - Carbs keep you hungry and craving food! Stick to Proteins, fats & green leafy veggies and you will do fine! WE will help you stay motivated! If you need help with anything - just let us know! Come Saturday and you will see how great these girls are and how helpful & motivating they are - I wouldn't have gotten this far if it wasn't for them! Heather will be there and she's close to your age & weight - She's doing awsome!!

I'm back . . . . .from my daughter's wedding yesterday in the middle of 5 days of NASCAR camping out at the track. The wedding and the track were unfortunately 6 hours apart so I did a whole whole whole lot of driving and hardly any sleeping! Gained some weight but so what, I am just so happy that I can just go out and live my "normal" life after WLS! SO SO SO glad I got a band. Learned a few things . . . .I CANNOT eat bread or crackers, we were driving on Hwy 20 outside of Ukiah, we had just stopped by Mac D's for some food for the boys, its 6 am so Breakfast menu only (normally i would just order the burger and throw away the bun) so I got a bacon & egg biscuit mcmuffin, figured I would just throw away the biscut . . . . my i did a bad thing and tried to eat it while I am driving on this windy road, the biscut sticks to the cheese and so I accidently ate a bit, and WHAMMO as soon as I swallowed i knew there was a probloem . . . no place to pull over . . . grabbed some napkins and had the whole PB experience driving down the road . . .VERY ugly and sure scared the boys! They went right on eating though, LOL

My daughter's wedding was great, small but my brother & his wife came down fro Oregin anyways and it was great to see them

I need my nails done again already I cant type!!

It is a 1200 calorie diet - but it's a lot of food - breakfast is 3oz protien (like 3 eggs), 1 serving of fruit, 1 serving of dairy (1c fat free milk - 100% sugar), 1 serving of carbs (cream of wheat or grits), 1 serving of fat. lunch & dinner is about the same but add 1 serving of veggies. It's ALL carbs with the exception of the Protein & fat - if you stick to green leafy veggies the carb count is really low. It's really good if you don't have an intolerance to carbs like some of us do - I gained weight on this diet - LOL.

This is what the Richmond dietician has put together - It may be different at your location. It is suppose to be designed for you to lose weight for the surgery. The day after your orientation you should start the diet. They will explain it to you in the orientation but basically, they need to band you directly beneath your liver and if it's too thick (fatty) they can't do it hence 1 of the reasons you need to lose weight - also, I think they want to be sure you can follow the plan because it's a life long one!

Hey can someone bring a digital camera on Thursday? I dont have one

Glad you had a good time Riley woman! A little weight gain is nothing for you and your exercise addicted self - it will come right back off.

Ok, so what is the deal with bread - why do you think it is such a problem - i can't eat it anyway because to look at a slice makes me gain 10lbs but why the problem after the band? Doesn't bread desolve quick?

My camera is charging as we speak (type). Since im not really a part of this Thursday group and was coming because Donna wanted me to even though she backed out on me (kidding Donna) I have no idea where and what time it's at so can somebody give me the 411. I'm really coming because i want to meet EVERYBODY and I'm in need of some motivation - my scale is rigged - I'm tellin you!

Hi Tamra welcome! Glad you are here :blushing: Don't let orientation scare you LOL, Liz is a sweetheart in disguise :confused:

I had to lose 30 lbs and lost 46, I did it pretty fast as you can see from my sig, used the 1200 diet and eliminated all of the starchy carbs - I think I am allergic to them! How much you have to lose depends on where you carry your weight, the doc will examine you and then set your pre-surg goal weight. Mine was around my middle to I had to lose a bit more, 10% is a good number you can pretty much count on.

Hey Candra! I don't feel addicted to excercise right now, but i will get back going with my routine in the AM. bread I don''t know, I am not wheat tolerant so I don't eat it anyways, it totally plugged up my band immediately! before it could dissolve I guess, LOL it was really gross. I PB'd a triscut out at the track, too. Glad to know I still can't eat that garbage!

Yikes, my scale is rigged too . . . . I am only going to have a 2 lb weight loss since my last fill 5 weeks ago, that's not good! I need to show 5 lbs., a lb. a week at this point . . .boy do I miss those early 3 lb. a week days!!!

I have to ask, do these "fills" hurt?? I just found out what it is, and Im like hmmm...LOL...

Well, I will see what happens on 7/17. I wish I could find a sooner one, but Pinole sent me to Richmond who wasnt till the end of July, Martinez was August, and Walnut Creeks is mine.....I could check Vallejo? LOL

I had to lose 12 pounds. I was two pounds from goal at my surgeon appointment. I had my surgery just about 4 months from the date of orientation. I carry my weight in my bottom half so I think that is why I only had to lose 12. Not sure I am happy about carrying the weight in my lower half most of the time...............but this time it helped.

Fills don't hurt. Surgery did hurt!! LOL. But like having a baby you forget about it a few weeks down the road.

Candra 9am at Pinole Kaiser. Right off the freeway. Literally you run into it. You can come in with me as my support person if you want. If Dr. Baggs if fine with it you can come and see the fill. I am cool with that. My daughter will be there but I am not sure she wants to see a fill!! She hates needles.

I am being careful but Riley I am gonna only have a 2 pound loss in about 3 1/2 weeks. Not happy about it but I doubt I will go down much more..............

Thanks, Tina, that sounds great! I will see you then.

Just got back from my walk - didn't walk this am so i had to walk extra tonight - 7078 steps. Not quite 10k but my husband is lucky he got that outta me!

Still haven't mentioned the band agian to him yet - nor have i told him i'll be gone thurs & sat - hehehe:lol:

Riley, walk hard for me tomorrow morning too, will ya? I so hate it and pray for that "addiction" to kick in!!

Tamra, personally I would go with the orientation that is closest to either A where you work or B where you live, because that is where you will be going 1x a month at minimum... If you go to richmond surgery will be there if you go to the other that is where your surgery will take place.

I would always recommend dr baggs, the pre weight loss is tricky.. some of us had to loose 10% one of us has to loose like 80 lbs (i believe).. way MORE then 10%... I had to loose 23lbs i went to my orientation at 263 surgery at 218 so i lost 45 before surgery.

So i just got back from camping ate crap but didnt gain, i am severly dehydrated though.. tonight i get.... TROUT for dinner:D yay!

I think instead of doing the 5 day test im gonna just do all Protein, vegies and fruits.

Missed ya girls:D