Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Hey Ladies

I just got to work and it is gonna be a crazy day!! I should be able to make it for lunch but if I am not there at 12 go ahead and sit down and get started. My plan is to be there just gotta deal with some stuff her at work this morning that could hold me up .................don't want you all sitting around waiting!! ;-)

I will be there at noon:D Donnas friends are her kids. 2 teenage boys and 1 teenage girl.. so they will prob want their own table anyways:) But we need to be near each other.

Im excited to see you beautiful ladies. Have a good morning

Hey everyone!!! Sorry I haven't been on latly had some major work stuff going on!!!

I hope you all had a great lunch so sorry I missed it!!!!

I have my fill tomorrow.......I need it!!!! Haven't lost anything in almost 3 weeks!! :)

Hope you are all doing well!! I miss you all!!!!

Donna- I have my appointment at Elk Grove Kaiser with Paula R. Smith Phd. It isn't the same lady who led my mindful eating class a few years. I found her by googling her name with Phd.

It was fun to see you guys at lunch today. I wish I was going to the fill party in Pinole on the 25th. I am not sure if I have a group meeting in Richmond on the 25th or if it is just me. Being in a group would take the pressure off of me.

So I was reading back some...I too am struggling with head hunger!!! I swear I feel like I can eat anything.......I can't eat as much but I am finding myself starving in between meals...what the hell!!!!!!

candy we are all in the same place with the Head Hunger.

Donna had a couple of great books today about Head Hunger and I borrowed the new Lap Band book she had!!

A fill helps but this lap band stuff is harder than I thought. It sometimes seems like I am still doing all the work and the band is just along for the ride....literally!!

candy are you coming to the group fill appointment on the 25th?

are you working for the country or state? I forget but it seems like you might be. I know county and state offices are crazy right now........

Hi candy,

Good to see you on! I hope things get better for you at work.

Ladies, I hope you enjoyed your lunch!!! I hope to make it next time.

Hey Donna reading this book and he has some great points!! Even the salad point makes sense..........

I also have been doing some research online on lap band success rules.........ect.

Something I noted was one doctor recommendes

3 meals a day

Breakfast and dinner smaller meals, lunch biggest meal

no eating after 7pm

no drinking for 2 hours after eating

4-5 hours between meals

20 of exercise everyday

I sorta think the biggest meal being lunch and not eating after 7pm might make sense.........

Ok this kid i call audrey is going to make me GO INSCANE!!! my goodness. Ive never seen her soo whinnie, and crying soo much.

Ok so onto dinner, we had steak and potato.. I had 2oz of steak OMG THE BEST ever.. went down fine and i took mine and auds half of the baked potater and mashed it added cheese and microwaved then i gave her half.. So I feel full now FINALLY but i still have that weired feeling in my mouth where i think head hunger comes from..

Tina what is the book sayin about salads, after we all had a salad for lunch? ?? lol

Ah he said salad is ok after you eat your Protein and if your still hungry.........something like main course first than salad last. He also said dark or field greens or spinach and even better have a bean type salad or add beans............

I don't think he is against it just doesn't think after the full protien you would still have room for it........

Also this book is saying support system over half of the key to success. So we are all doing something right!!

I think lunch was fine to be honest yeah i had head hunger but i didnt induldge and we had dinner around 6... But the clams from my Soup mighta helped:D A bean salad sounds YUMMY.

Hey girls, sorry I couldn't make it. Sophie was still off today and I didn't want to bring her and a) infect you all with a bug and :thumbdown: have her be grumpy when she just needed to hang at home today.

We stayed home most of the day and did our nails, braided her hair, played with her new birthday toys and just had a mommy/Sophie day and it was great.

It's funny that you guys are all eating salad with no problems because last weekend I tried to eat a chicken caesar salad and got ALMOST stuck after only eating about 5 pieces of the bite sized lettuce. I ended up only eating the chicken and 5 croutons and gave hubby the rest of the salad. There's no WAY I'm gonna go near a salad for a really long time now and I'm bummed cuz I miss salad so bad!

Hope I can make the next meet up and I'm looking forward to the fill on the 25th. :laugh:

I tried to eat an organic burrito tonight for dinner........small thing, snack size................ah I PB'd the worst ever. Good grief I guess I have to resort to nothing made with white flour!!

salad I can do Chris but broccoli and bread and I guess flour tortilla's are OUT. I know about getting almost stuck!! Sorry about the salad thing I would be upset with no salad. So far I am ok with salads............

So hard to tell what foods are a problem and what works..................

I am tired of PB'ing so I really gotta chose the right things. I am worried that my band will slip if I keep this up.

Waiting for the 25th..................