Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Candra so happy the pedometer work for you! I totally depend on it to keep me puttin' in my miles every day :-)

I had my appointment today with Dr. Fisher - He's not so anit-lap band as I thought. Just some of the people he's encountered don't utilize it properly.

He set a psych apt for me and gave me a goal weight of 205 - 14lbs to lose. Yipee! I don't have to do a sleep study since I just did one April 15th.

I'm one step closer to joining you all on the band-side.

Heather, your turn tomorrw - look forward to hearing how it goes!!

Oh, and I talked to him about the pre-op diet and he agrees with us - way to many carbs & sugar - Milk & fruit are not as good for you as you think! He doesn't care that i cut it out of my diet and said that he really hopes they revise that plan soon!

Candra you are so close......14pds..you can totally do it!!!!

Ok Riley and Tina...I'm slow what does PB's mean?

So Robin called me today and moved me to soft solids....I was telling her how hungry I am between meals now...she never really answered me on what to do...so today I decided I'm just going to ake back control!!!! And I got the WII active and did that...I haven't even felt like eating!!!! And wow it way kicked my ass...much for than WII fit!!!!! So I was also telling her how I have never gotten anything stuck or felt like I was going to vomit and that really I felt like I could eat anything...guess what happened at lunch? I think I was full or I didn't chew well enough or both...but oh my gosh...it was the worst pain...I could feel it between my breasts and everytime I thought it was going to get better it got worse...my mouth started Water and my nose started to run...it was horrible...it hurt so bad...I had to excuse myself and go to the restroom...it finally went down but wow that was a wake up call!!! :redface:

Hey Donna.....how are you? Hows the weightloss going?

I don't drink Water either!!

And yep you get weighed at the Pinole visit. I got to weigh barefoot but I had socks in my purse. But we were telling Robin we weight barefeeted and she said the nurses would catch on to that trick real quick and it won't happen the nex time!!! :-)

I liked the Pinole visit. Dr Baggs kept walking in and out of the nutrition class and I really, really wanted to yell "Oh wow there is that youtube star." But I didn't want to embarrass him in front of everyone!! :-)

Candra did you get surgery weight?

Ah candy you were PB'ing!! That is exactly it...............It hurts like crazy and I get it with bread and broccoli!!

My restriction was good for a few days but I am slowly going back to eating anything I want again. I am getting hungry again. i am gonna be ready for another fill!!

Robin is pretty strict. I also tried to talk to her about not getting stuck and not losing to fast........she sorta stressed me out.

Than I talked to Dr. BAggs and he was like, slow down, slowi down this is not a race it is a marathon...........He explained your still healing and we pumped you full of liquids your body has been in a recovery mode your not expect to lose alot during this time...............ok that is what I needed to hear when I was so frustrated and stressed out.................he made me feel better!!

Good Stormin Evenin Ladies!

WOW, did anyone go out to see the light show? Incredible! I hope no one gets hurt...it past right over us (Lincoln) but there was no hail... was a Emergency Alert System & all!

We were outside, and this 3 yr old lil girl was so cute, wow, ooo, it was so cool to enjoy her innocence and wonder!

And that is what I believe for each of us, everyday is to enjoy our own wonder, yes, we can do this...wow, will this really happen! A learning curve is def what it says for me now.

Hey Candi woman! PBing or PBed... Productive Burped,ing. Hopefully you wont go there, glad you survived that stuckness, cause whoa, it is not fun!

Go Candra, Go Candra, watch out 14+ lbs! Heather up next on deck!

In answer to your question, Candi, I am doing well, back on track, and oh yes, the Wii Active...yes it does kick butt! Have been doing different workouts, but started 30 day today. Watch out, the 2nd day you will feel it in the quads!

Wishing all you Rich-mond ladies a good nights rest, keep up the good works, good food, exercising and most of all the best support, it is truly inspiring people from here!!! :redface:

WII active kicks my butt too Candy!! I like it so much better than the WII fit...........but since I still suck at both I figure I can use them until I no longer get a workout.......I also have Golds gym for WII but to advanced for me right now..........

My daughter got Dance, Dance revolution and that is a workout!! I really suck at that one and look like an idiot but that is a fun one!!

The storm was incredible I was driving home.........

My daughter just had her graduation from 8th grade and won a scholorship for next year to a private school.........I am so, so proud of her!! For being the kid who put in the most effort towards her grades............. :-)

I got so busy today I didn't eat dinner. Ah so many Cookies and sweets and punch but I didn't touch any...........I really want to be down for the next visit. It gets easier all the time!! But that bout with PB'ing last week sorta has me running scared with eating to much.......2 pounds down this week. Not great but certainly better than the last month............I am going for at least another 5 before the next appointment.........10 would thrill me!! But it is a strech.........

Ok gotta play WII now!!

HOLY CRAP GIRLS!!! I had the freakin' most fun today at Six Flags. I fit on all the rides EASY and went on tons of them! I finally had to take a break cuz I got really dizzy from going in circles for so long after not riding a ride for over 10 years! I had such a blast and can't wait to go back again! That was a huge huge huge non-scale victory for me!

Today I was 234.0 exactly and that's my pre-pregnancy weight, so I'm hoping to be ANYTHING under that by Friday morning to hit my birthday goal! YAY!

Ah Chris I was thinking about you today. I KNEW you would fit on everything and I think we should all go there sometime for NSV day!!

Good morning ladies; a lot to do at work today but of course I had to come check the boards first! Starts my day off right :-)

candy, you were stuck good and hard! You do exactly what I do, with the drooling & the sweating . . . full-on PBing ('Productive Burping') is when it actually comes back up. It's not vomiting, exactly; your stomach doesn't spasm & you don't wretch, your esophagus just sends it back - along with all the saliva that you've produced that's sitting above whatever is blocking you. I usually try very small sips of warm Water as soon as I feel it; usually it works (slowly) but sometimes that's just more to come back up! I also PB when I have eaten too much now. It's not pretty, but it does get rid of the pain between the breasts. And you sure don't want to try eating again for a few hours!

On my walk with morning, I realized that it has been exactly 7 months today since I went to orientation - and weighed in at 285. I have lost almost 84 lbs. in 7 short months!!! Not to mention that I have totally gotten my health back and I am more fit than I have been since high school. When I think back to all of the 7 month long periods in my dieting life when I sat on my butt and whined about how diets did not work for me and it was too hard to lose weight, I am just amazed at what I have been able to accomplish these last 7 months . . . thanks to Kaiser, my support groups, and my band!!! :redface:

Riley

Edited by riley4183

Tina that awesome about your daughter...good for her!!!! And 2 pounds in a week is perfect!!!! Give yourself some credit!! :redface:

Riley....Good for you!!! Thats amazing...you lost a small person!!!!

Christine...Six Flags sounds sofun!! I can't remember the last time I rode a ride either!! :) I'm glad you had a good time!! How'd you eat there? Just curious...did you bring something?

Candi, it was SO fun! I ate before we got there at noon and then we left at 5 and came home for dinner. I was hecka hungry but I made it and didn't cheat!