Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Ah Christine you are my weight loss idol!! I bet you will do it!! Girl you beat all the odds on weight loss, you amaze me. I want to be like you!! :-)

I don't know how to rate Dr. Baggs. I tried that already. I think it is a brand new forum I just saw it today. So Dr. Baggs said to "tell your friends" cause I was wondering the other day what happens when he has so many bandsters that he is doing fills all the time and nothing else?? He was really back to back appointments the day I was there. I would be disappointted if he stopped doing the fills. He is to fun to joke around with....

Oh I did take a lap band book in to my fill appontment that had him as a recommended surgeon!! He had no idea he was in there but wrote down the name of the book!! I think he liked seing his name in print..........weird they recommended him but didn't tell him about the book.

Oh you know he likes it! The first time i met him i told him he was practically a celebrity online, he totally did not believe me. I just hope we don't pump him up so much he gets 'the big head' & stops doing his own fills! But I think fills are pretty much over by a year or so, so this flush of fill patients will lose their weight & leave, then the next "generation" will come and fill & lose & leave . . . ah shucks, its beautiful man . . . .

Tina no WAY will I get 2cc! Don't scare me! I think I'm on .5's now

Well Riley we have all lived through........well I am not so sure I have lived through it yet............a 2cc fill. I just think to be fair to you you need to have your turn!! ;-P

Honestly I didn't even try to eat again tonight but I am so thirsty and I am getting naseaus from Water tonight. Sip, sip, sip........not big drinks.

Pam didn't this happen to you at your last fill in January and you got used to it again?

Wow this is not want Dr. Baggs said would happen. He said I would probably not feel this one. Ah so much for statistics I also have to be outside the norm..........LOL.

Riley do you know the fill schedule?

Once every month for how long? Than how many times.....every three months, than every six?

Hmm interesting but it makes sense..........

OMG you ladies are soo chatty. I guess im normally in the mix so its not so bad lol. But sorry i couldnt read it all just scanned.

Well i am sitting on a couch in a living room i look to my right and i see... THE GORGEOUS MALIBU OCEAN. OMG, ive seen dolphins, seals, fishermen lol a crab etc all out from my porch. I am sooo sad to have to leave!!! I am glad we got our reservation moved on us i love it!!! And ive taken a bath in a giant tub every night.

So scale, um havent seen it, do i want to PROBABLY NOOOOOOOTTTTT... lol... soo bad.:) I had a cookie.. i know i know, whatever im on vacation. I have finally had salad. What is nice though is im not eating much, and even if i feel hungry i wont do it. So ive been good there. Drank all my Water every day. JUst eating a lot of Lobster, Steak (yes goin down fine) and salads. Have stayed away from bread (lol cause of cookie) and no alcohol, yet.

I have had soo much attn, people that saw me the end of Nov right before i started my diet the bride said omg you look like a diff person, ur gorgeous, and the groom couldnt stop noticing either lol. I have never had soo many "your gorgeous" compliments in my life. It was very nice:rolleyes: AND this guy totally flirted with me and we were talking about how i did it (you know eat nothing and work out ... lol)...

I find even women act differently. The are more friendly i think.

I had to buy a new dress yesterday cause mikes tux is lol get this PURPLE, lolololol oh my lol it is the funniest thing ever, his pants were capris, and size 40 (hes a 36) his vest couldnt button lol and the shirt chokes him... lolololol omg this is gonna be funny. But ok i went to pennys, and of course as you all know i was looking at L and XL and 16 and 18.. WELL Mike grabbed a dres that was 12/14 i was like "uh thats my pant size not dress size " hes all whatever try it on... so i did.. IT FIT, and looks AMAZING. Minus my bruised legs..

Anyone else dealing with bruises all over?? its getting old!

I am ready for my fill, i used to think eh im fine, im ready for some restriction again. I cant eat more then a cup at a time total food, but i want a lil tighter. I havent pbed or vomited since being banded, just got stuck on that egg right afer my fill, so im thinking i have space...

Hey tina i can carpool to the 25th....:cool:

Sheena the 25th is our Fill appt, they do it as a group now.

Ok ladies gotta go finish getting ready for the weddin... ill be home tomorrow and ill catch up again then:)

Love ya all!!!!

Good afternoon ladies...

Happy early birthday, christine - you'll hit that goal in no time!

Tina I'd love to get together for a fitness day - just hope I don't slow you down - we can even meet half way! maybe we should arrange a monthly fitness group

Riley, I'd love to do a marathon but don't i'm quite there yet LOL. Not even close! a few more baby steps & maybe - I can't even jog yet at all hahaha i did get up and take my power walk alone today - I enjoyed just groovin to my ipod but I found myslef slacking - I had to keep reminding myself to pick up the pace! Gonna take some practice but at least I got in 5077 steps. I only did 1 of the 2 hills that I usually do - shhhh, don't tell my husband !!!

Gonna try to make this cauliflower "pizza" crust today - I'll let you guys know how it turns out

Hey Nicole you are gorgeous and I hope you have a great time down there!! Girl you must be almost to goal now!! Another 10 pounds and I will be HALFWAY there!! :-P

You won't slow me down Candra. I went to the gym yesterday and I am out of breath after 10 minutes. I really need cardio work!!

Chris happy early birthday!!

I emailed Dr. Baggs yesterday and let him know about the surgeon section and that his stats are empty.....also let him know he MIGHT have some positive comments posted on his surgeon section. He emailed me back today and said he had seen it and likes it and our groups enthusiasm.........again he likes that we all hang out!! Not sure why he is working on a Sunday!! We'll see if his stats get updated.......

Off to the gym ladies.............I really hate going still. I am ok once I get there.........Candra I have biggest loser workout music on my IPOD......part 1, 2 and my fav 80's hits..........I got it on Itunes........Riley I am not addicted to exercise yet when does it kick in??

Edited by swrktp

Nicole I bruise all the time too. I have them on my arms and legs...............don't know where I get them all. I thought the heparin but it has been a long time.....

Nicole I might bring my daughter to the appointment on the 25th but I would still love to carpool.............

OMG. Just got back from this training hike with Team Thrive (all Kaiser weight loss patients), it was STRAIGHT UPHILL for like 4 miles, I about died! Now you guys know that I do a LOT of walking and hiking, but this was like, you have GOT to be KIDDING! I had done the first half before and it was bad but not TOO bad, this time we did the second half too and now I cannot MOVE. Seriously! Oh boy. Kicked my arse. Not feeling too addicted to this excercise crap right now!

So we had a picnic afterwards, everyone brought pouch-friendly food and it was fine, I did not PB at all, YAY!. All I want now though is a popsicle, a hot tub and a nap!

Cauliflower Pizza Crust, boy that sounds GOOD!! Please let me know, and send along the recipe if it's a fitting vehicle to carry yummy pizza toppings!

Has anyone ever made that Hungry Girl no-potato potato salad? Sounds great, but a lot of ingredients . .

Tina, I didn't know there was a fill schedule . . . I know they told my PCP I would have follow-ups about monthly for the first year after surgery. Don't know if those are all fills, I know that Dr. Im had Pam come back in like 3 months, so ??I totally don't know! I think that because the whole beauty of the band is that it's fully customizable to each individual, they would be defeating the purpose if they had a set schedule and a set fill amount - clearly we are all different.

Hey Riley jane - It turned out good - would've been great if I could cook - I didn't quite spread it out even & made it a little to thick but good all the same!

I posted the recipe in our group site recipe section - let me know how yours turns out

Cauliflower is the low carb/low calorie bandsters best friend :party:

STill have restiction..............:-) I really had to watch portions sizes. But I am strarting to know BEFOREHAND now when to say when..........I really can't eat much if I want to keep from PB'ing..............this band is so weird one week I can eat to much the next just barely on the edge of what I think is enough.............but never mind I should not ever be the judge of what is enough given where I am coming from!!

Nite ladies........

Cauliflower pizza crust..........hmmmmmmmmm can you tell it is cauliflower or does it really taste like crust??