Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Tina said: I only eat a very little and if I take another bite I am hurting....................I am trying to figure out what amount works for me now....

OMG Tina, I was just coming on to say how hard it is to get used to this restriction thing, and you had written what I was going to write!! I just PB'd 2 more times, my head still thinks I can eat a handful of almonds but my band says OH NO you don't missy!!! I can't figure out how much to eat, either, because it totally depends on what it is! I don't LIKE the feeling of food being delayed behind (above) my band, 1 bite too many and it is uncomfortable as h. e. double hockey sticks. But is is NOT a full feeling, it is just an "oh s^&t" feeling, and it doesn't satisfy me, at least not right now. I guess I have to retrain my body to recognize this new feeling as "full." The problem is that I am eating so little at a time that I want to eat more just an hour later - and today I have, all day. But if I don't wait until the pouch is cleared out into the lower stomach, 1 or 2 bites and BAM uncomfortable again!! Argghh . . . . I think I need to get a better grip on head hunger, because I don't have any physical hunger, I just feel unsatisfied/deprived because I don't have the old "full" feeling. Phoey, I can't decide if I like this thing today or not!

Oh about not losing after surgery?? Uh, yeah. I did not listen to Liz, I got on the scale day 3, and I was up 7 lbs. I cried. So I waited a week and got on the scale again, and I was still up 4 lbs!!! Then I SOBBED! It took me 10 whole days to lose the surgery weight. Then I lost a pound a day for 2 weeks, so that made up for it. So NO WORRIES!! It's gonna come off! :)

Edited by riley4183

I have been PB'ing today everytime I eat. OMG I just threw up my whole dinner.............this restriction is no joke. When they say 1/4/ of a cup that is it period!!

This is the first time I have every serious threw up with the band and hope it is the last. I worry about the band slipping but OMG that really, really hurts....................I had no choice!!

I can see why people would resort to liquids if this happens for very long.......

Gonna be careful as crazy as it sounds I would rather be here than where I was a week ago with no restriction at all...............

Ah Riley at least I was home and not at a resterant!! It could have been worse.

So serious I am at 1/4 cup not a bite more!!

I am a bad girl I guess.........my eyes are bigger than my stomach right now!!

Riley how funny we are both in the same place.

I am used to being able to get away with more like I was without the fill. I think your right head hunger is playing with me big time right now. I made a vegetarian tofu thing and veggies tonight......last week no problem. Tonight only half and I am not even sure this is 1/4 cup and I am sick instantly......

And you know that crazy thing.............my head still thinks that my stomach wants to eat the rest!! But I know my stomach can't handle it. It still looks yummy sitting on the plate!! I should NOT even want to touch it after getting stuck and sick!! ;-P

So I am getting used to this fill but I feel like it is pretty tight fill right now..............lets hope I start dropping the weight since I know for sure I am barely eating right now. I think I went from no restriction to a pretty good amount overnight. No wonder I felt so tight that first night I should have paid more attention to that and maybe I would be in less trouble today!!

No wonder they say protiens first after that there is not room for anything more!! Forget salads for awhile I guess.

Hey Nicole and Christine how was your last fill? Are you guys getting full really quick and getting stuck too??

Hope everyone is having a great weekend out to the movies. Needless to say no snacks!!

Hey Candra I will come walk that hill with you are you in Sacramento?? I really need a hill to walk!!

Edited by swrktp

Me too Tina, me too! We may not NEED fills on the 25th . . although if we keep bringing dinner back up we will lose a crapload of weight and then we WILL need fills. I think I'm starting to get it now!!! I guess I need to have discipline, but I'm not sure where I left mine . . .have you seen it?? lol. SO glad I did not get 2cc's like you!! Jeez. It's soy milk for dinner, I am a bit sore from earlier. I'm going to go walk first and see if that helps any. Constipation has been HORRID since the fill too, can't eat salad or Fiber one or nuthin . . . . .

Edited by riley4183

This is funny, you keep posting what I'm typing . . .same boat for sures!!:)

I think it's so amazing the differences between the lap band and RNY and for obvious reasons.

I was able to eat 1/4 of clam chowder broth (no chunks) it was sooo good, I guess I was full lol I haven't eaten to the uncomfortable feeling yet and my pouch likes the pudding and the chowder so far and all the drinks. I'm hoping I dont push it cuz i don't want to be uncomfortable.

HEy all there is a new part of this forum for doctors. Dr. Baggs (Fisher, Parks and IM too) has a forum where you can rate him as a doctor and make comments on what you think of him as a surgeon!! Pretty cool. It is a new part of this forum.

Of course I gave him a good review but thought everyone might like to go over there and make their own comments!!

Go to home/main page........than NEW surgeon by state .......california.........Richmond and Dr. Baggs is first on the list I think...........

Hey Riley. I agree we might not need fills. Right now I DON'T want more of a fill!!

I would love to get a protien shake or something but they are addictive to me so I will wait an hour and than out comes the Vitamin Water 10 my new addiction.

I got stuck 2x yesterday and 2x today........I have to measure my foods now. I think I overestimate 1/4 a cup.

This ia all good for me just makes me feel like I don't know what I am doing. Relearning it all..........

Sheena I think RNY can have the same problems but your really newly out of surgery and still on liquids.....I think you guys get the dumping and we get the PB'ing. Glad your feeling better. I was talking naps the whole first month............enjoy them!!

Hey All - what's PB'ing?? Whatever it is I hope it doesn't happen to me if it make you vomit!

No, Tina, I'm in vallejo - but you're welcome any time!!!

PB'ing is when eat to much and fill up your new stomach and also your espahaugus.............and your espahageous starts contracting and pushing it all back up...........but it is not exactly throwing up either it is a uniquely bandster thing.............

Is is called Productive burping or PB'ing............I was so sure it would never happened to me. LOL. I have so much to learn

Maybe I will come over to vallejo sometime we could have a girls day.........fitness related...........ah did I really say that!! Ok by than I will LOVE exercise and it will be ok!!

YES! Another up-and- coming exercise lover!! YAY US!! Remember ladies, Tahoe Marathon (10 K for Team Thrive) is coming in September, train train train! Let me know if you want to go, we are going to pick up more Thrive shirts this week. They are bright lime green and just say "Thrive"

K going to go rate my wonderful surgeon now.

SO how do you do the actual ratings for the doctors in the new doctor forum? We need to bug him to get his stats in there, too . . . he's always saying "tell your friends!" and this is a great way for us to do just that! Is the new forum maybe just not all the way functional yet?

I actually started creamy stuff this morning and it's all good, finding stuff that I like and that fits is hard though.

Yeah we can get dumping if we ingest too much sugar or too much fat at once or if our pouch just doesn't like what we ate but only 30% of RNY patients actually get dumping syndrome. I'm hoping I'm not one of them but don't want to find out lol!

Hey Riley. I agree we might not need fills. Right now I DON'T want more of a fill!!

I would love to get a protien shake or something but they are addictive to me so I will wait an hour and than out comes the Vitamin Water 10 my new addiction.

I got stuck 2x yesterday and 2x today........I have to measure my foods now. I think I overestimate 1/4 a cup.

This ia all good for me just makes me feel like I don't know what I am doing. Relearning it all..........

Sheena I think RNY can have the same problems but your really newly out of surgery and still on liquids.....I think you guys get the dumping and we get the PB'ing. Glad your feeling better. I was talking naps the whole first month............enjoy them!!

I just reviewed Dr. Baggs too.

I've got 6 days to hit my birthday goal of 233. I haven't been below that weight in over 6 years and would love to get there by June 5th. Sophie's just about to go to bed and then I'm doing a turbo workout. If I was pre-op I'd probably be doing Slimfast all week, but I'll be a good girl and just focus on Protein, protein, protein, Water, water, water...I just may lose the 2.5 lbs it'll take to hit my mini birthday goal!