Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Oh after my fill I went back to joke around with the last lady- who also was having her first fille- that it was no big deal!!

Well Dr. Baggs overheard and probably thought I was crazy!! He told me, "you should have have limped in there or gone in with a crutch and told her it was really painful than just walked out!!" He seriously is a funny guy I told him I would do that next time and to make sure there was a newbie behind me!! LOL. He laughed but see he doesn't know me I just might..........

I also went in with my measuring tape belt but I had to remove it for the fill............I had to explain to him what it was!! LOL. He told me I was the only stressing over the 10 pounds...........and said to put my belt away for good!! LOL. But who knows maybe Riley you could wear it next time???

And I didn't laugh about youtube I held it all in!! Robin also mentioned the youtube said everyone has seen it!! Robin was asked about being overweight and having surgery. She said she was overweight but won't respond to the surgery issue. She blushed and said she was always the fat sister growing up.............

oh girls I am so feeling the band and there is alot of pressure in there. I need to lay down and get some sleep. I got up at 5am to get to Kaiser in time..........

Anyone want to carpool on the 25th?

Edited by swrktp

Thank you guys so much...I'm totally stressing.....I can eat anything I swear.......It's nice to know I'm not the only one...my first fill is June 12th....I want to go on th 25th.....maybe I will just come with for moral support!!! :smile:

Tina where is everyone chatting at now? Not here

Hey candy I think everyone is here......just since I left this morning there are two more pages.

Candy I was exactly where you are and frustrated earlier today. I have had my days when I wished I did RNY....not really but ya know.......I started to think lap band WON'T work for me and that I am not gonna be able to do this....

Today helped. HOnestly I think I am too tight right now but I know in a couple of day it will loosen up. NOw I have some hope cause I think this is what I am suppose to feel.....I am so, so not hungry and I have only eaten a yoghurt and and some cheese and some tofu yesterday.......I haven't eaten today at all and I can't I am to tight and crampy right now. I can still drink Water so I am ok. But it is that achy like after surgery when I could so feel the band right in my chest.......I feel it again lots of pressure in there......not hurting but I know exactly where the band is........

I did bruise from the fill. I posted a picture. But no serious damage.

So Candy it gets better..........you could call and ask to come on the 25th but than you would have to wait longer. Dr. Baggs told me the 25th is overfull and to plan on waiting around awhile for everyone to be seen...........so I don't know if they will change dates........my guess is with your lack of restriction your gonna want the first fill you can get...........

to see my album click on my name and go to my profile page....than down a bit on the right side is my album....click on that. I just entered my first fill photo........showing my tattoo and the little bruise I got....

Ok, ok the fat pictures are there too so please be kind.......LOL!! I would like to see some albums people!! Hint, hint!!

Hi everyone,

You all have been busy again :sad:

Riley - I checked Amazon for the pedometer but there were about 3 pages of them. Which one is the one you have?

I've got these darn plantar warts or corns on the bottom of my feet and have trouble walking so if anyone has a good cure let me know. I think my little feet just can't take all the weight they have to carry :smile: I've been on my elliptical but now that the weather is nicer I'd love to get out.

Sounds like the group fill is the hot ticket; hopefully I'll get my date by then.

Thanks for the info on the sig, I wasn't able to figure out the ticker though.

nite all

:smile:

Ok ladies I am kinda hurting so I got up again............I figured out I have gas pain really bad again like right after surgery that is what is hurting so bad! Nicole, Riley, Christine, Pam............has this happened to you after a fill?? Sheesh this is taking a step in the WRONG direction this HURTS!! Reggie you probably know exactly where I am at girl!! LOL.

I can fill the band and it is tight so make that is why all the gas.................darn I wish I had some gasX left.........I am gonna have to resort to pacing the backyard!!

Seriously only me, this could only happen to me!! LOL!! Downward dogs are probably in my near future...........LOL>

That is really weird Tina...can you drink Water okay? Is it feeling like it's coming back up when you drink? Maybe you're too tight? it's normal to be swollen for a couple days after your fill but I don't think you should be in actual pain.

Thanks Christine.

I know this is sorta out of the normal. I will call Dr. Baggs in the morning if it doesn't get better. I sorta wonder if I am too tight too...........but I am only at 5ccs. I wonder if I had air in my stomach that got stuck down tehre when he tightened the band.......just hurts!!

I can drink Water which is why I decided to stick it out tonight. No problems with Water but I have to drink slowly again...........I was sorta back to chugging it the lst few days without a problem.

ahh......at least I have tomorrow off so I can sleep in. I just ate 1/2 cup of jellow and I think that is gonna stay down..........so I will be ok I guess.

Next time maybe I should take Gasx with me to the appointment so this doesn't happen again............

ok almost 100% back to normal this morning...............temporary issue like I thought!!

I still feel the band in my chest area but I can tell already it is looser than yesterday. Doesn't hurt but hard to forget about it when I feel it.

I am on liquids until noon than I will try this out. I am down to 215 this morning so I am happy with that but serious I have barely ate for two days. I will see what happens today when I go back to stage 4 again............

I hope it stays tight for awhile although Dr. Baggs did say that I probably won't feel this one......well I did feel it yesterday but maybe I don't feel it the whole month.

My bruise got bigger overnight but I bruised really easy since surgery. The port is sore can't sleep on that side. But Dr. Bagg said it is still swollen in there still.........still healing.

Ok ladies everyone have a great day I am gonna get on the WII for awhile now that my daughter is gone to school...........Oh Dr. Baggs said watch your knees on the WII you can knock them out!! LOL...........told him I did that last week already!! Nicole you playing WII too?

Edited by swrktp

Good Morning -

I just checked online Kaiser and my appointment on June 25 is at Richmond - 2:30 with the dietician and 3:30 with Dr. Im. So I will be missing your party in Pinole. Robin must be going back to Richmond after your group meeting. I don't know if mine is a group meeting - don't think so that late in the day. I tried to get an earlier in the day appointment so I could miss rush hour traffic on the way home, but they didn't have any earlier appointments. I started logging my food again yesterday. Time to get serious. I will bring it with me in case Robin asks.

I am so tired today as we went to the Lion King last night downtown - didn't get home until 11 pm and I am usually in bed by 9:30 - 5:30 am came way too soon this morning and I still have my scratchy throat - not sure if I am trying to get a cold or if it is allergies.

Hey Pam

i am also logging everything again. STarted on Sunday. Just have to do it to stay on top of things..............

Robins group meeting usually gets over by 12pm or 1pm so I am guessing she goes straight back to see you...........

Sore throat going around. I have been working on a cold the last three days and had a migraine......................alot of people at work have this cold.

Lion King how fun!! Was it good!! I want to see that too..........

Wish someone was off today I want to get out and see a movie or something on my day off.......

Tina you are too funny! Insider information, LOL. I'm glad your fill went well, sorry that your darned port still hurts! I complained bitterly about mine at my first fill too, and it wasn't near as bad as yours! And isn't it COOL when you feel the Fluid going into your band??? I think that was the first time that I really knew where my band was - certainly the first time I ever felt it in there.

OK it has been 1 week since my second fill, I was going for the 4.3 lbs that Christine lost but only managed to eek out 2.4 this last week. But you know what? I BROKE 80 this morning!!! That means I have met every single mini-goal that I have set for myself to date - I wanted to be 80 lbs down by tomorrow. Next goal is to be in onederland by my daughter's wedding on June 21st!

:smile: Riley

Edited by riley4183

Riley that is great!! I bet you get down to onderland by June 21st...........

Can't wait to see everyone on the 25th!!

Go Riley! 80 pounds is amazing!!!! You will be in onederland by the 21st, no doubt.

So, my pedometer is a sportline and it does tell me the miles. wearing this thing really helps because I extended our walk this morning. our usual route is 3508 steps and we do it once in the morning & once in the evening. So we did 4500 steps this morning - I fugured It wouldn't kill me to do another 1000 steps! Its not as far as I thought it would be & it's about 2 miles total. I just wish I didn't have to walk up the two huge hills that my husband makes me walk up - ugh! So did I understand you correctly, you keep your pedometer on all day - even in between walks? Do the steps you take around the house & grocery store count?

Also, when I was doing weight watchers they said I had to eat all my points every day or my metabolism would stall & I wouldn't lose any weight - so the last couple of days, since I've been logging my food, i average about 900 cals per day - do I need to be eating 1200 or is the 900 ok?

Hope you feel better soon Tina!

How's everybody else this morning?