Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Hi Candra, I started at 6,000 steps a day and it 'bout killed me!! I had plantar fascitis, huge sores where my thighs chafed together, etc. - it was awful! It took me about 5 weeks to get up to 10,000 a day, and now I do 27,000 - 30,000 and run part of it. A mile is a little over 2,000 steps (assuming a 25" stride, which I did NOT have), so 7000 steps is almost 3.5 miles!!! That's GREAT!!!

I wear an Omron pedometer all day every day, you can google it or I can send you more info, it is under $20 and the only one I will use now - been through quite a few of them!

I also HAD to get good, good shoes. Right now I walk AND jog in Merrill hiking boots (imagine the looks I get!) because I need the ankle support (injured myself jogging 4 weeks ago, lol) I only wear "good" shoes the rest of the time (Danskos at work, Keens for casual, Aesics for active) and wear bands around my arches at night to combat the plantar fascitis, which is INCREDIBLY painful. As far as the energy goes, most days when I get up at 5:10 a.m. to head out on my walk/run, I do NOT have ANY energy! I walk for a full mile before I'm not aching anymore, and I never run before then. If I am going to get energy, I get it by then!!!

WOW, Riley, you are a trooper!!! Guess I really need to step up my game - LOL

I do have a pedometer, not an Omron though - I will google it! My husband got me New Balance running shoes... Are they as good as he thinks they are? - hahaha.

I have a pain across the top of my left foot that has been killing me for about 6 weeks now. I went in to see my Doctor and he said I had plantar Faciatis too but I don't think that's it. I thought plantar faciatis was lengthwise across the bottom of the foot. Hmmm? Anyway, He didn't do any tests or look at it really, he just said the usual "lose weight" Same thing he said about my Migraines & sleep apnea LOL.

You are my new muse :thumbup:

I think it is generally across the bottom of the foot, and in the heel. You know for sure that you have it when it hurts so bad to get out of bed that you crawl to the bathroom! You may have pain on the top of your foot from ill-fitting shoes if you have tall arches - I don't. Mine are flatties! My arches too, lol. It is SO worth it to get fit by a professional when you have foot pain! I go to REI and have them measure & test me, then put $40 insoles in my shoes (not the Danskos or the Keens), it sounds expensive but when you consider I was going through a $90 pair (they would lose all arch support) every 4 months, and these last for 1 year, it actually saves me some money - not to mention pain!

I get the Omron through Wal-Mart, order it online and have them deliver it to the local wal-mart store so I don't have to pay for shipping. It keeps steps, aerobic steps, miles and CALORIES! and keeps your totals of all of that for the last 7 days. The BEST part about it is that it does nothave to be placed just right to be accurate - it counts accurately even from your pocket or backpack or whatever. Love it!

See, I don't think I really have that! I do have flat feet though. I might just have to make an apt with the pediatrist. Somethings gotta give. This is why I prefer swimming but my husband won't do that with me. I need to get to the point where I don't need him to exercise. I tell ya, though, if it wasn't for him I'd probably never do it. I hope this book I'm reading really does help to change my mindset LOL

Thanks for the info!!

Dudette! I walk with a friend at work 2x a day, and I go to the gym & swimming with friends, and I walk with one or both of my sons in the evenings, but my morning 4 miles?? That is MINE. ALONE. And I am SO not giving it up! No way would I change it- it is my way to start my day, rev up my metabolism for the day, and it's my thinking time! Not to mention my only alone time. I even get annoyed when folks walking their dogs want to stop and chat. It is MY time MINE MINE MINE and I am addicted to it. try it, you will learn to love having your own time, too!

Sheena you brave girl, you did it!!! Wow I am happy for you. Hope all is well.

Tina- I wanted to know if I can lemon in my Water and Riley said yes. I'm having a hard time downing straight h2o. Tina you are so funny. I wanted to call an calm you down yesterday but didn't have your number lol. You are so going to be fine. How do I get to your album?

Riley you are a "mean excercising Diva" you go:thumbup:! I think you body is burning more that you are taking in and sometimes I heard the body holds on to the little it's got and can retard weightloss. I hope I have your energy to do half of what you are doing.

Chris- How is it going haven't seen you much here!

Holy crapola Reggie, 52 lbs!!!!! Talk about BURNIN it!! You GO! :smile:

Holy crapola Reggie, 52 lbs!!!!! Talk about BURNIN it!! You GO! :smile:

Thanks Riley I learn from the best (you all) :smile:

Ok....My fellow bandersters...I feel like I dont even have a band latley....I'm just about 4 weeks post op.....I lost 17 pds in like 3 weeks and now the scale wont move....I have been totally eating normal food....suppose to be on purees but make sure I chew really well.....No problems unfortunitly.....I totally just over ate and feel sick.....I defently cant eat as much as before...but still I'm putting away way more than 1/4 cup...did anyone go throught this....help...how do I get back on track.......I NEED HELP I FEEL HORRIBLE>>>> :smile:

OH! I went through exactly that, at the exact same time as you are, and I could eat so much! I lost nothing the last 2 1/2 weeks before my first fill, I actually gained 2 lbs back! You just don't have any restriction yet. And it happened almost overnight, I went from being satisfied with 1/4 cup to still feeling like I needed more after 1 cup. It was right after I started on the soft foods stage. I hated it!! I ate a lot of cheese bacjse it would at least stick with me, cottage cheese didn't neither did scrambled eggs, so cheese and extra-firm tofu were the only things that worked.

LOL. I so did NOT get lost. You run right into it when you get off the freeway......

Riley highway 37 was closed today I thought of your when I went past it.

Ok so I got the first group fill today. I had no idea it was a group fill day but here is how it went........I got there at 8:30 got check in and noticed the whole lobby was full of bansters so it was fun to visit...........than at 9am they started to call people back one at a time to weigh than on to the nutrition class/Support group..........that was just Robin with about 12 of us and it was more of a support groups ask any questions check in with people meeting.............they strarted to call people out one at a time for the fill next door.........one you got the fill you could either come back or leave........I did not get called until almost last about 11:45 or so.............It was ok just a long day.

Ok the fill went fine. He did tell me he watched the youtube video and that he didn't like that it was a first fill and he had to dig for the port.......he said he wasn't sure how he felt about being on youtube. I told him it was good for me to see it so that I knew what to expect:-) I was joking around that I did n't have a video and he asked if was gonna blog about the fill!! LOL I said no I don't have the time.............

I did show him the picture of all of us at the resterant and let him keep it. He said he thinks it is a good thing we all stay in contact. BUt my printer was out of ink so all he got was black and white so someone needs to print out a color one.......

No one on one with Robin. No food log I stressed for nothing. Groups meetings and nutrions class from here on out. Pretty fun really!! I told him the next one is gonna be alot of Sacramento people and could turn into a party and he laughed!! He said he heard about us all!!

So I had 3cc's. Got 2 more. I am very tight and achy right now. I can feel the band again like after surgery sorta uncomfortable but not painful. Just I know the band is there again........The port hurts.....not when I got the shot but now the whole area is sore again. He said I have alot of scar tissue and I am still swollen but it will go down......The port is SO NOT where I thought it was!!

Ok so on Kaiser scale I am 10 pounds down. No one said anything so I aske Dr. Baggs about it and he said it was a good weight loss. He said my job was to be healing and workiing on eliminating all the fluids they pumped into me at surgery........he said I was not expected to lose anything so what I did lose was great...........he said to remember this was a marathan not a race and to slow down and not expect quick weight loss........slow and steady. So all that stress for nothing.............

So anyway I am achy and getting sick I think. Not sure if this that time of the month, that I am getting sinus infection or that I am just achy from the band............but it is quite tight and it feels like it did again after surgery.............so not hungry now I don't want to eat I think I would throw up...........

I am gonna move this over to the group site since it looks like everyone moved over there today....

Hey everyone! Sip sip sip... walk walk walk...

So I was scheduled to be there at 12:30 yesterday, finally got in at 1:30. My husband stayed till 2pm.

The blood thinner shot hurt like hell lol! Tried to ignore the pain, hoped I didn't bruise, well I did lol!

The iv wasn't bad. Watched some tv, blind might I add without my contacts.

At 3pm I went in, got up on the table. The OR was really nice (new operating rooms lol). I was just watching the lights and then they put the mask over my face, felt the pressure on my neck and that's the last I remember.

I remember waking up in recovery, my throat hurt so bad. No one could understand me lol the recovery room nurse was a total biotch... the man was nice. She was yelling, like i couldn't hear her (to other people) freaking me out. Omg it was sooo loud.

I got to the room and the first thing I asked for was my phone. I had created a surgery group on my phone so I only had to text one person lol! So I texted everyone that wanted updates. Got too many replies to respond too lol

The pain wasn't as bad as everyone said. It's tolerable, the pain meds they give you suck lol, I was so gassy and nauseated. I think that is the worst part, the pain from the wounds and the incisions isn't bad at all.

I got up at 2 am and walked like 10 laps lol thought it was 7am. I was asking for my carafate since I was empty and she was like, you'll get it at 9, after Breakfast at 7:30. Then I get back and it's only 2am! So my roomie (from Vallejo) and I chatted it up.

I went into surgery at 234! Woohoo.. 6lbs under goal.

Right now it's hard to move without getting gas pains. I'm on the awful liquid vicadin and the carafate.

bought some gas-x strips today and some mints. Man it is nice to have something to suck on lol! About to get me a sugar free popscicle.

So that's my update. My poor husband has my 3 year old, my 2 year old in a body cast and me crying of gas pains to take care of.

I probably should have rescheduled because I feel so guilty, but I'm glad I went through with it, because it's too late to go back now!

The only band thing about the group was this one negetive lady who talked way to much and thought she knew it all. She has been gaining her weight back and argued with Robin............luckily she got called out early!!

We did talk ALOT about snacking and head hunger which I liked.

Oh we had to fill out a questionaire to that went to Dr. Baggs after it was done..............checking to see if we are following the rules...........if we are messing up how how often and in what area.........

Oh so I am gonna be at the June 25th group fill ladies!! Go figure. I told Dr. Baggs I already got the day off work and he looked confused and told me "oh that's right you have inside informers"...................we are so gonna have fun that day!! Maybe we should go somewhere afterwards...............

Edited by swrktp

Hi All:blush:

Tina & Sheena - glad all went well for both of you!

I have a quick questions regarding the pre-op diet. I've been logging my food the last couple of days and I've been averaging about 900 cals per day - Do I have to hit the 1200 mark? I'm trying to be so careful not to mess up my 3 meals per day but since I've cut the carbs out my calorie level is lower. Any thoughts on this?

candy I so, so, so felt that way until today................I am tight now. But it was hard not to "mess up" since I really could get anything down..................

I don't know how long the tight feeling will last. I do know I drank Water on the way home and I just feel the restriction. Dr. Baggs said this fill likely won't do much for me.............maybe not even the next one.

I am guessing in a day or two the tightness will wear off. But so not hungrly right now and I was so worried about weigh in today that I barely ate yesterday..........

But it is that time of the month and I am getting a nasty sinus infection and my head has been pounding all day........I almost didn't go today but figured I would tough it out. ON the way home I stoppedin fairfield to walk around the mall and really was so light headed I and dizzy I decided to just go home...................

Going to be early tonight.

Oh weird thing is that when he put in the Fluid I felt it tighten.........didn't hurt but I could feel it inflate......weird!!

Half my class was sacramento people I invited them to lap band and Kaiser group.......... some of them were so not interested and were sorta rude.............but ok I just assume everyone wants to hang out with us!! LOL. I think a couple people might show up on our forum!!

Sheena good to hear from you!! Glad your doing ok!!