Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

OHH AND PRAYERS NEEDED AGAIN lol.. gosh didnt work last time not sure it will this time lol.

Mike had an interview today with Facebook, and now tomorrow he has one with a Tech company in San Jose, i want him to get it starting pay is 70-85k... That would be amaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazing!

NIcole how fun!! Enjoy it every minute!!

Riley used the calorie counter and it is so great!! I wish I had been doing it before. Can you print it out for Robin? I am trying to figure that out.

I only ate 583 calories today. SO I ate three pieces of weight watchers cheese to get it up a bit to 883. I think going to low is a problem. I really thought I ate more than that though......this makes me realize I am not eating enough..........probably most days. I am drinking alot of Water and crystal light though and that added about 70 calores.

Hard sometimes to figure out how much 1/4 cup is calorie wise or how many calories equals 1/4 cup when I am eating somewhere else............

Oh that would be a great job. I will keep you in my prayers..........of course not happy about you living int he Bay area though :-)

Ok here is the thing Candra if you are at goal weight by your surgeons appointment you could be in surgey in less than two months................I could have done it in three easy but I went on vacation to AFrica for a month in March instead ;-P Dr. Baggs said go have fun you can have surgery anytime...............so did Liz. They both said have fun than come back and have surgery so I did.

Let them know because you might be in surgery sooner than you think...........

Good morning ladies!

Tina yes, I print it right off of the computer & take to Robin, yiu just have it display the whole date range that you want on there, and hit print! Very cool. I also print her a cover sheet of the "analysis" button - again, enter the date range you want it to cover - and that prints out a nutritional summary for each day, including calories, carbs grams, Protein grams etc. and your grade. That sheet will also print your average for whatever length of time you have chosen, I bring a week's worth so it will tell her like I average 1,083 calories and 50 grams of crabs and 20 grams of Fiber or what not. It totalyy works for me, I always was a very competitive student so I try really hard to never get a "B" - when it looks like I am going to get one, I eat more vegies!

Still feeling a little low on the ol' energy scale - only did 2.5 miles this morning, and did not jog ANY of it. Not good, since I just picked up my "Thrive" t-shirt last night for the Lake Tahoe Marathon (I am on "Team Thrive") in Septemeber, if I want to run part of that 10K at 6,000 feet altitude, I need to start training now! Maybe I need to get my labs done. Do you guys know how far out you are supposed to be for labs? I know RNY was 3, 6 and 12 months but I don't know for lap-band - the sheet they gave my PCP just said a year, so that is what he put into the system.

I think our labs are 3, 6 and 12. I sorta want to get some run this time due to my nails peeling.......which they still are today but not as bad as few days ago. Also I am seeing some hair in the shower everytime I wash my hair that bothers me...............more than before!!! But so far not noticable.

Ok ladies going in tomorrow. I will print this menu out today and take it to RObin I like this site and I see my protien is 60 carbs 35 fat 17..........I think I am ok with that but more carbs than I though..........

Also only averaging about 500 calories a day. What? I was sure it was more. Last night I ate more cheese on purpose to get it to 800 and push the Protein up............This is a really great tool. I had no idea how little I was eating.....I got an A for the three days I used it.................I gotta move my food log last week on this site.

Only problem is that the vegetarian meats are not on here as much. I have to take products that are simliar in calories and protien to balance it out. But there was stuff that was almost identical so it worked.......

Does Calorie King have more food options? I just didn't want to pay.......

Edited by swrktp

Jeez Tina, you aren't eating nearly enough! I doubt you will hear that from Robin tho, lol. Bear in mind that the carbs you see are gross carbs, your net carbs are your gross minus the fiber count. For a gross count, that is VERY low!! I eat no starches - all my carbs are from veggies and tofu - and I still net about 40 grams a day, a LOT more if I eat any fruit.< /p>

Robin does have some say in how much of a fill you get . . .if you manage to convince her that you really do eat that little, you are not going to get much of a fill!

It is not enought I agree......I think I was doing better last week. This week I am just not hungry much. I am a picky eater. I would rather not eat than to eat something I don't like and makes me gag. I am trying new things with all the post op stuff.................but some of it I don't like.

My MO was was not eating and drinking diet coke all day instead. If I did eat it was fast food or Snacks. I would starve all day than eat a huge dinner and snack at night. But mostly I lived on Diet Coke...............

Ok looking at last week I have a couple of 1100 calorie days but it is so all over. The stuff I am eating is healthy (except for nachos 4-5 chips with Beans and cheese and sour cream-all low fat but ya know the chips will get me).......just not consistent everyday.

On the weekends we really only eat two meals. Brunch and a early dinner. So that sorta messed up my count. During the week the same thing but I am eating Breakfast before I got to work now and something small for lunch.< /p>

Just 500 good grief I just need to eat three meals and I could solve that!! I like two meals a day but bigger and I think that is out now.........

Oh well Robin will have her work cut out for me.

I don't want her to prevent a fill cause I sure do need one...........I am also still feeling sick today bad headache so maybe that is the reason behind not being hunger the last few days. I think I should aim for 1000 like Christine said............sometimes that seems like alot and than some days it doesn't seem like enough!! LOL.

I know what you mean about being all over the place! I will be like 598, 642, 1,490 like that. I have tried to make sense of it - am I not drinking enough Water on my high days, and i excercising more on my high days, etc. but to no avail . . . tho Robin did help me decipher that I was "treating" myself on my high days, i.e. feeding my head hunger . . .all healthy, but beyond what I needed . . like my soy lattes (everyone else was going to starbucks, I wanted to come, too!) or my Atkins bars (everyone else is eating chocolate; I am eating my safe alternative) so as she pointed out, I was eating because I wanted to be included and not because I NEEDED it - and that's head hunger. I am still trying to get it through my thick skull that just because "oh, I can have that!" does not mean that I SHOULD have it. Oh, to feel happy with my little 2 oz. cup of puree again!! But I'm afraid those days are over . . . .

Anyone take an Iron supplement that is non-constipating??

Hey all I'm dying of thirst right now, nothing since midnight :thumbup: I'm leaving in about 20 minutes to head over to surgery!! Wish me luck!

Good Morning Ladies:

Nicole: Yes, I think 3oz is crazy - my ground turkey patties that I was eating were almost 5oz & I thought those were small! 1/4 cup really hurts my feelings - LOL. I have my sergeon apt. with Dr. Fisher next week so I will definately discuss it with him - I would love to be banded in two months! I need to be sure I have this lifestyle down first! I think, now, I have a better understanding of what I've been doing wrong.

My prayers are with you & Mike!! I hope it all works out!!

Tina: I really don't think I'll be anywhere near my goal weight by next Wednesday - LOL! I know you only had to lose 12lbs but I think they will have me do more since I'm bigger than you were & older!!

I got my big 3L of Water with me today on my desk. Already 1/2 way done with it!! I feel like I'm constantly drinking & don't even have time to miss my Diet Coke.

Your MO is so my MO - we could be twins. I still have such a hard time with breakfast. I'm not a morning person. Yesterday, my husband & I had so much running around to do in the morning that I didn't eat anything until 12:15. I know I'm not suppose to skip meals. This morning I ate breakfast at 6:30 and now I'm already hungry. I don't get hungry this early when I don't eat breakfast - Hmmmm... I'm use to eating nothing till about 2 or 3 then eating nonstop for the rest of the night.

I have learned that I eat mostly out of boredom! It's only late night when I'm had home that I really, really want to snack.< /p>

Good luck Sheena! C U on the other side!! :-)

Hi there this is Maria (the newbie) I wanted to let you all know that I went to my orientation yesterday in Richmond and I have my 1st appt with Dr Baggs on July 10. I am so excited and was interested in joining one of the support meetings in Sacramento, Do you know when and where is the next one?

Also, I am accepting any words of support and encouragement right about now as I am starting the 10% weight loss I need to have by my 1st visit with the Doctor. It is the hardest thing I ever done, but I am cutting everything the sweets, alcohol, carbs!! I'm sure you all feel me,since youve been there done that..

Ah you'll love Dr. Baggs marquint and still around this board we have a great support group here. We had all been throught it and have two new people Candra and Heather in the beginning stages right now........

Next meeting is the third saturday in June right ladies!!

So who spoke at your orientation???