Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Tina, I hear ya. . . I find myself looking in large peoples' carts now, am I becoming judgmental?? Elitist?? I feel badly but I can't seem to help it!

Hahaha, Riley, I'm gonna call this "the last yo-yo" - and stop looking in my grocery basket - you too Tina - LMAO.

Nicole, lets do it! but i must warn u that i suffer from chronic Migraines - LOL. Call your Doctor & have him call in a prescription for Maxalt ASAP. It's one minty little pill that desolves under your tongue - works in about 15 minutes..

Crave on.... There are worse things to crave than spaghetti squash!!!

I've started this book & its telling me it can cure me - hehehe - I hope so.

Ah I just had spaghetti squash and salad............Ah Candra that stuff rocks!! I gotta tell you I was not so sure as I scrapped it out of the shell. But my mom made this spaghetti sauce with soy meat in and mushrooms.........so I got lucky and took her sauce than the low fat ricotta.........OMG it is so good. I had to admit it but I wa afraid of the first bite but was pleasantly surprized!!! making this again for sure.............

I planned to have it all week since the squash was huge but my daughter (who no longer eats carbs she told me today!!) had four helpings so it didn't leave much...........

Ok my next things to try is the cauliflower mashed potatoes...............

Nicole I agree they should measure. Actually I think I should measure too since I haven't done that............I have lost who knows how many inches I can tell but the scale is basically still the same. But I am still happy because my clothes are fitting better and I am a feeling such much better than four months ago............

LoL yeah and my new favfruit i eat every day is watermelon... sooo refreshing.

HEY girls how do you make the squash??? When i did it i just did seasoning and butter and MIKE hatedit... so maybe hed like this other recipe...???

Yes the cauliflower is TO DIE FOR.. yum yum.

Ok Candra i guess ill remain, lol.. I normally dont get Migraines just headaches so this is all new to me. BUT when i would, lol i would take Hydrocodone yeah the fun stuff. I am a huge chicken of pain. I think its half way gone with the tylenol and now im drinking hot cocoa, i felt theneed for something warm over my ice crystal lite..

My hubby is tryin to fix the stupid uverse, to everyone.. DONT SWITCH,.... we have had more issues with our internet and tv since switching then ever! But we know we will prob be moving soon so no need to switch back.

If that books cures people and fixes the head hunger than I gotta get to a book store.....................................

Tell me some more about it. I might want to ready it too.

I also get bad Migraines. NOt as bad as six months ago but OMG when they hit I am in bed for two day..............

My knee is still bad today. It is getting worse everyday. I will mention it to Dr. Baggs but I am gonna have to go see my PCP and get an xray I guess............I am sorta tired of being a medical experiment I wanted to avoid this complication!! LOL. I don't want to wear a brace though.

Oh girls the only reason I noticed this woman at Walmart was because she was yelling about how she had to stock up on foods for her by pass and I thought "oh cool we have something in common." but than I was such a nosy girl and I looked into the cart and I was like "ok we have really different doctors cause I couldn't have all that!!

OH no tina two of us! We are soo lucky!:lol: Why dont you wanna wear a brace? It makes my life soo much more bareable I wear it almost all day now.

Hello Richmond Ladies...

It seems most of you are doing well! Tina, you are so funny, you get the "she explained my pain" award! Just so honest!

Nicole, good for you, sometimes relationships are some of the toughest part of family...hehe, but you go girl, losing in spite of all of what is going on...wow!

Ok, honesty time, shy in trying to make the spaghetti squash.. (confession - I thought it was premade too)...Candra, when u said scrape it out I thought yeah right, I will just buy it, lolol. I can squeeze and stew the Tomato sauce from scratch, but squash? lolol

Reggie woman, I cannot wait to meet u, although, I think you are so beautiful already, so being banded will be a plus...in a good way! Funny, I did not have gas pains right away, but a few weeks after, very weird pains in left arm like it was going to fall off, just a few days, this too WILL pass!

Riley woman, what an encourager and teacher you are, not to compare, but I bet your bypass friends are also amazed at your progress! Am learning and thankful for each surgery there is for so many different people of us!

Christine...where are you, are u just living life, losing the luggage and prob working on another vlog? it's Monday! lol

Heather such a pleasure to meet u, look forward to more good times! Candi, hope healing well! I should be going, BBQing tonite (not sure what I will have...beans maybe lol,) looking forward to hopefully my 4th fill in the morning! Have good rest! :lol:

P.S. ck out of few of these books also...

WLS w/ the AGB - Sewell/rohrbrough, Fighting Weight - Kahliah Ali & Just out, it is coming in the mail...Press Pause Before you eat, by Linda Mintle, can't Wait!

Edited by roseyyyd1

Never seen spaghetti squash before weird stuff and also very cool..........when I cut it open I had no idea that after cooked it would turn into spaghetti. Cool, very cool!!

Nicole I just cooked it took it out and than added spaghetti sauce (soy for protien) and the ricotta cheese and than a little low fat parmasean cheese on top..........But I only use wheat Pasta or did before the bad so I am sorta used to the heavier, thicker taste.....that is what the squash tasted like wheat pasta..........

My daughter is so crazy she is getting crazy with all this diet and exercise stuff. Taking all my Vitamin, ah expensive...........and we went to ice cream with friends on Saturday night. I couldn't have any but I did take a spoon and taste hers. Now she is telling everyone I cheated...........arghhh.........teenagers. She is become my lap band spy and she is a bit to good at her job!! LOL

Ok, i can't believe so many of you have never had spaghetti squash - diet rookies!! I'm so glad that everybody likes it though - I live on that stuff!

Tina, your daughter is too cute! Good for her that she'll never have any of the weight issues we suffer from. I'm not a big believer it self help therapy - that's probably why it never works for me - but, at this point, I'll try anything. so far, it's right on! It knows all my cheating excuses-lol. It's written by a cognitive therapist and it's telling me to "talk back" to my "sabotaging thoughts".... We'll see but you can definately have it when I'm done!

Nicole, I am with you on the Cauli-mash! Just be sure, Tina, to use a food processor and not a hand masher - they just don't get smooth with a hand masher! I love to add a little seasalt, pepper & fresh garlic. I'm told you can also run cauliflower through a ricer, mix it with shredded cheese & bake it - it makes a crispy crust for pizza - never tried it cuz i can't cook so let me know.

My favorite is to use the squash like a baked ziti - little marinera sauce, ricotta cheese, garlic & italian seasonings -bake it - yummy! Tina's right, they are big! Lucky for me it's way to healthy for my husband to truly enjoy it LOL

YES, UVERSE SUCKS! maybe not but I don't enjoy it as much as comcast. I wanna switch back.

Well self help doesn't work well for me either but I still like to read about it and hope!! LOL.

I have a lap band for life book by Dr. Ortiz that is really great I could trade you for!! I accidently ordered two copies!! LOL. I got over excited about the band back in November. LOL.

Has anyone got the new lap banc success book out in April. I sorta want to get it!! Hmmm..............

What I made was like a baked ziti thing too......tomatoes, soy meat, a few olives (please don't tell Robin;-) ) and than two spoon fulls of low fat ricotta. Than backed it for 20 minutes.

Ok anymore great Italian low fat ideas cause girl that recipe really rocks!! Guess what is gonna be on the menu alot now!!

Nicole a just don't won't a brace slowing me down. I wonder if I could get a fitted one at Walgreens. My ankle on that same leg is bad too..........if I walk or exercise alot the knee and ankle both get termpermental.

But hey I want to do a 5K so what to do, what to do..........LOL!!

Donna, I forgot to post the flax meal muffin for you that asked for. Here it is:

1/4 cup flax meal

1/2 teaspoon baking powder

1 teaspoon cinnamon

1 egg or equivalent eggbeaters

1 teaspoon light oil (I use olive oil)

Mix all dry ingredients in a coffee mug, then add the egg & oil (I substitute unsweetened apple sauce for the oil) microwave for 1 minute - done!

Guess i should try to figure out how many calories it is? good news is that it tastes just like bread but it's not a carb!! when I make it to have with my lunch or dinner i leave out the cinnamon & add garlic powder or whatever seasonoings I have a taste for. I found this on the internet a long time ago.

Ok, ladies, Sorry!! this will be my last post about food!!!! I know this isn't helping the situation since we're all trying to stop thinking about food so much!!!!!!

Edited by Desperate1
didn't come out clear when I cut & pasted it.

Oh lets not forget Christines ricotta cheese with Tomato sauce and parmasean melted on top!! Oh that was a great recipe in the mushie stage...........

Hey there is this cook book for bandsters/gastric I ready about that has recipes for liquids through mushies, purees and than to regular WLS food.........great reviews I want to get to barnes and noble to see it.........anyone have something like that. I will get the name and post it............

Gonna try that "bread recipe" Candra you need to write a cookbook girl!!

It is true I ate an hour ago and I am already hungry. Going to the see the doctor, the doctor, the doctor..........on Thrusday!!!!!!!!! ( sang in an operatic voice)

Ok, fessing up again, I have the cookbook, just don't do the cooking like I should!lol

Eating Well After Weight Loss Surgery: Over 140 Delicious Low-Fat High-Protein recipes to Enjoy in the Weeks, Months and Years After Surgery by Patt Levine

Just got and reading...Gastric Band My Silent Friend - G Hester, a journal of 2 years by a woman

Yes in haste, I ordered that book by Dr. Vuong, should get it this week, welcome to look at it, before you buy.

Thanks again Candra, say we just might hire you to cook for the group next time! lolol

P.S. The EA Sports Active was at our Sams Club for about 52.00, better than 60. if any one interested!

Tina, you are just tooo funny! :lol: