Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Help with Ticker Factory please, I have created one but can't seem to add it to my sggy.

The ticker factory should have given u a code. You go to customize profile, then edit siggy then paste it in there...

tried Nic, still not working. I was able to get the URL but it keeps giving me an invalid File message.

Reggie, there are a couple different kinds of codes on ticker factory. The one we use here looks something like this:

weight.png

Once you see that kind of code, copy and paste it into the "edit signature" section. You can call me if you want and I'll walk you through it.

Reggie welcome back, you bandster you! It gets better every single day, I promise! Applesauce never did sit well with me, I pureed a lot of Soups and ate them warm . . . spicy seemed to actually settle my stomach, so I lived on pureed hot & spicy Soup from the Chinese place around the corner . . .that and homemade split pea, made it in the crock pot with pureed ham, the kids ate theirs from the pot and I pureed mine further with soy milk & extra firm tofu to bump up the Protein. Keep walking, get that gas OUTTA there!!!

Nicole you go! Good GOD woman, you are at 70 lbs. lost!!! And I love your idea for kicking the snacking. Robin did bust me for snacking a bit, but that's OK - I was very honest about what I was eating and she was too!

Tina he knows we all know each other because I told him! oops gott go my battery just ran out

Edited by riley4183

Ok I'm back, had to come home & plug in my laptop :w00t:

So Tina! yes my appointment with Robin was great, lasted like 40 minutes & we talked at length about my transitioning back to vegetarianism. It has been 6 months back on meat for me and I am actually eating beef now - which I never thought I'd do again. Never gonna gnaw a bone tho! Anyways she was totally empathetic and she was all about me settling in to an eating plan that I am comfortable with and can live with for the rest of my life!! Very supportive of starting my transition back now. She wants me to add Beans back in, and especially lentils since they are lower in carbs. Plus boca burgers, etc. and we both sat there mourning the fact that those great vegie ribs have 35 grams of sugar!! We spent a long time on the soy question - I have asked her several times if there is such as thing as too much soy, and have never really gotten an answer out of her before, this time she said that I needed to be careful if I had a family history of estrogen-related cancers, but I am adopted and so I have no idea! I finally asked her how SHE gets her Protein, and she smiled and said she eats tofu every day. She spent a lot of time exploring non-soy, non-meat protein options for me, but it is tough because I have wheat sensitivity (so no seitan) and whey sensitivity too! She's still thinking on it :wink2: but basically she was 100% supportive. I am getting WAY more protein than I need eating meat - like 90-120 grams a day - and she reminded me that the body stores excess protein as fat & I could pretty much cut my protein in half and be fine. And I had only lost 12 lbs. since my last fill, but instead of busting my chops about it, she just said "how do you feel about your weight loss?" I told her that I HAD no weight loss to speak of for the last few weeks, but overall I felt really great about it. She commented several times that things would be a lot better when I got some more Fluid in my band, and they are. I had 1/2 cup of pureed gumbo Soup for lunch today and I actually felt full, SO happy to have some restriction!! I hope it lasts for more than a week this time :eek:

Christine, your fill video is SO GREAT! So is your whole page :-) I pasted the link to the fill video over on the "fills" forum, one gal just posted

Thanks for posting that Riley. It really helps to see what's in my future. Looks pretty painless and easy!!! Thank your friend for posting her video :w00t:
so thanks to you!

OK so here is the best part about my fill yesterday, I asked Dr. Baggs if he had gone on you tube and seen the fill video, he was like oh no way, I am not on you tube, and I am like oh yes, you can't see your face or anything, just your shiny head when it gets in the way of the camera, and he is like, I want to see it! Here get on line right here and show me, he was so excited about it! I told him you had a whole page and he was like blown away. So I lay back for the fill, and as he does the local he starts laughing and he goes, wait, "shiny head?!" and that got me to laughing too, then I couldn't stop I was SO embarrassed that I had said that! I was giggling so hard that he had to wait for me to stop because my port was popping around all over the place, he was like oh man, I really do have the best patients. Then he says "shiny head?!?" all indignant again as I finish sipping my Water, I'm like sorry doc, and he's like, no I'm sorry that my head got in the way! He acted excited like a little kid, I think he likes being a movie star! I told him he could probably google it and find it, but he looked sorta doubtful so I emailed him your link and he said thanks and he wants to show it to the Pinole gal that was helping him out that day. I think he's real happy that we are all friends, he did not even give me that choice about coming to Pinole, he's just like, oh you'll like it :wink2: For sure we all are his superstars!

So I have to say, my fill was totally fun yesterday!

Got to go potty again, jeez it feels like my bladder is going to swim away. You guys, after your fills, did you go straight back to "real" food after 24 hrs of clear liquid, or did you phase it back in?

Edited by riley4183

I think he wanted to be on Youtube!! THe day of surgery I was telling him about youtube..............and he kept shakining his head and telling me........."thing things you can see on youtube nowdays.".................the anesthesilogist asked him if he was on youtube and he said "oh no way!!! "................LOL.

I was wondering how long until he realized he was online.

The shiny head thing is funny!! It is true and I probably would have said the same thing.................

Thanks for making me feel better about it, Tina! Fortunately he was a good sport about the whole shiny head thing! I was SO embarrassed, but it just slipped out! Then i got the giggles so bad & couldn't . stop . . . oh well maybe he'll forget!

I am SO loving not being hungry again! Little bit is keeping me full 4 or 5 hours, horay! My band is working for me again. Did a nice 7 mile hike today while still on liquids only, would have gone farther but was afraid I might crash since I hadn't eaten for like 30+ hours, but I seemed to do fine! Feels good to love my band again :wink2:

OMG Riley, that is so funny! I wonder if he'll look at the video and see his handiwork in action? So cool. I'm so glad I posted it though, I've gotten lots of comments here and on youtube about people being glad to know what to expect.

I'm so glad you're getting full on so much less now. I bet you're feeling so much better and more confident about your band!

I liked the video especially since my fill is this week. Just wanted to know..............

I wonder if Dr. Bagg will make sure to face the camera next time given all the shiny head comments.

The thing is when I watched the video I wondered why he was so shiny?? So again I would probably have said something because that was my first impression.

So funny he knows we all hang out. So I am gonna try to get in on the group fill on the 25............that will be a month out for me!! LOl

There were actually 4 videos that included more of our conversation, the numbing shot and me drinking the cup of Water after the fill. Those videos showed alot more of him but I didn't know if I should post them even though he said it was fine...

I'm excited to hear about your fill this week Tina! :wink2:

OH post them I would so love to see them.............I think he likes being a youtube star and I would love to see the whole thing!! :-)

Hey the kaiser support group was great I liked it.

Got to meet Candra and Heather which was really fun!! Shout out to the pre-ops!! And Heather my County employee co worker!! You guys were great and I hope you come to more of the group stuff it would be fun to have you around!!

ALso they were saying if Kaiser starts to do a Saturday fill clinic in SAcramento it would be nice to maybe have it on the same day as the support group.............I really hope this happens.

well back to WII american idol..................my daughter is having a slumber party!!

Missed ya all that didn't make it today!!

Riley! I am laughing so hard! Oh my goodness! That is just freakin hilarious! I was thinkin the same thing about his head lol. he knows we blog about him/ our experiences surprised he didn't look for the video.

after my fill he said 24 hrs liquids then back to norm, so thats what i did.. but i did get stuck on the egg after the 24 hrs.

Sorry I didnt make it today we ahd a pretty busy day and i had to pack some...

I am in love with my band. Here is what i ate today:

B: 1/4 c scrambled egg beater 1/2 toast and 1 tbs watermelon

full for about 5 hrs..

L 1/4 c canned chicken like tuna stuff sooo good 1 piece lettuce 1/4 slice toast

Full for 7 hrs

D 1/4 c canned chicken 1/2 a bar of cheese (snack sizes)

Still full.

I added up my cals though i am at a lil more then 550 for the day and i went to the gym, and burned 350.. so i wont be suprised to see the scale not move. For some reason it dont like me lol.

So weired to think we used to count to 1200...