Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Hi all you 'Rich' mond ladies!

Ok, day 3 on the 30 day challenge, for the Wii Active...and it is a rest day which is so good, my legs are a hurtin! But that is good, eh? Sorry, wish I could make it Tuesday, but I will be in San Fran, for a fill, if the doctors will, do it. hehe

Reggie woman, how are you? This is all gonna pass..

hope you are walking, Water and westin (resting)! I just know you will be bouncing back in no time, and let the body know who's boss (but let it really heal first)

You ladies are so inspiring, even the pre-ops...challenges me during my down days! Can't wait to meet who will be there on Saturday, and enjoy our Bandsteritas ladies!

For those we won't see, please have a safe and restful weekend, i.e. for on the road. Here we go...Wiiiiii! :thumbup:

YAY I am happy happy right now, here is why!

1) When I went in for meeting with Robin today, it was great! She was SHOCKED by the sheer volume of what I was eating, but reassured me that I was NOT stretching my pouch, it was just because I did not have enough restriction yet and the food was slipping right through. Very little wrong with WHAT I am eating, just with how much . . .she did cut out my soy slender and my Protein Bars, but I knew that was comin'!

2) I got a full 1 cc at my fill with Dr. Baggs today, I think Robin told him a REALLY needed it! And he is not going to make me wait until the early August appt. in Richmond that they had set up for me for the next fill, he said if I wanted I could come to his new "group fill" in Pinole on the 25th of June! I asked him who was going to be there and he said he could't tell me (with a great big grin) but I could ask my friends! So YAY girls, Christine I know you have a fill that day too! Anybody else??

3) I THINK I HAVE RESTRICTION! Goodness I can feel Water going down - it's doing the funnel thing! I have never had that before :lol:

K will type later! Very excited to be back on track :thumbup:

Hi everyone! I've had a very busy few days...and I haven't posted in a while. I've been leaning more and more toward having RNY - so please don't think I'm a big lap band traitor :thumbup:

I was at the support group Wednesday in Richmond and, wow, those women are really inspirational.

I saw the psychologist today and they told me that there was an opening for Dr.Baggs this afternoon and I had my appt. with him too. In fact, I was surprised that Dr. Baggs was even leaning toward RNY with me because one of the problems I have are these sores in a fold of skin on my belly that appear to be kinda of chronic. He said something about the worry about this area being only a few inches away from the lap band and he had some concern about even a slim possibility of infection. He said if any infection attached to the lap band apparatus that he would have to do another surgery to remove it - so RNY might actually be the better alternative.

I got my goal weight! I need to lose another 12lbs. So this is feeling a whole lot more real to me.

While I was there I went ahead and did my EKG and blood tests. So, I'm well on my way. I'm just starting to feel a little anxious about the surgery.

Ok so how does Dr. Baggs know that we are all friends? And the whole group fill thing?? Hmmm....................

I think candy is also on the 25th right??

Hey girls I have a retirement party on Tuesday at the same time. Get this across the street................I might try to do both just go and leave the first one and than come over the Mimi's..........it is someone I have worked with for seven years.

Anyway I had the funnel feeling for the first two weeks. Not anymore. Seriously I am eating good things but probably to much........went down to two meals a day to try and lose. I am glad to hear Robin is not upset. I have only lost 12 pounds and I am doing everything and now eating less...............

What about the vegetarian stuff Riley did you ask? Also how much is in your band now!!

Hey when I went in Dr. Baggs really did give me a choice. I asked him to pick the best one for me and he just gave me pros and cons for both........he really didn't guide me one way or another.

If he is pushing you towards RNY that says something I would think.

Hey girls my stiches are pushing out of my incision.........I was wondering why it was hurting when I move around today..............ah looks gross this stitch just popping out. I am gonna cut if off............just grosses me out looking at it!!

Hello Ladies,

Thanks for all the support! Christine you ROCK! OMG this has been quite an experience. The day of was good had Icy and Ayesia to prep me. Dr> Park came and briefly spoke to me ,not too chatty as maybe Dr.Baggs. Went in OR at 10:00 came out ... not sure lol. I know we left Richmond around 3:30p.m. Rde was ok, I ust wanted to get home. Had difficulty sleeping GAS is my current nemises:frown:. I have been sipping and walking, however feeling awful still. I tried apple sauce today ad that was not a good ove I think I'll do clear for a while. I have this full sensation that is utterly wierd. I'm sure u guys felt it too.

Now let me ask if anyone experienced not beng able to eat all 1/4 cup of applesauce and three ounces of Water feelng like a bucket?? I didn't get a call fro anyone so I called and beverly asked that I try stage II.It maybe too soon for it.

The good news is that I AM A BANDSTER:thumbup:!!! Iweighed 300 going into OR and weighed this morning at 295.4lbs quite exciting, I guess I didn't ge the weight gain effect. Someone please help wth the ticker thing. I wll post again when I feel a bit better. Once again thanks for all the support!!!

Reggie I was there.........the gas drove me insane but as much as walking hurt it really did get rid of the gas. I paced outside in my backyard because I was just to dizzy to trust myself going around the block.....sitting made the gas worse.............walking made it better. GasX doesn't stop the gas pain but it does take off the edge

I went to full liquids without a problem. So I can't help you there................but still with clear if your doing better with those. You will probably lose faster too. Just be careful to the dizzy thing that comes with the liquid diet..............

I had the full feeling the first two weeks. Now not!!! Do you get the funnel feeling with Water? ? That is weird too........

Ok ladies tomorrow. I am cleaning the house for company tonight.......

Edited by swrktp

Thanks Nadine Rosey and Tina. Rosey and Tina did you guys feel a bit of discomfort when you reached the semi-solid stage, reason being when I eat my applesauce it hurts a bit when going down, is that the funnel effect? Also with the Water intake how much can we really have in an hour without stretching the pouch?? Please respond as soon as u can.I want to make sure I am normal before calling the advice nurse :thumbup:.

Nadine you will be there in no time 12lbs is a breeze! You go!!

Sheena I am prayong for you, you are almost there!!!

Hey Reggie! You should be able to sip on Water sip after sip after sip at this point with no problem. I think I was drinking a few ounces every 15 minutes at 3 days post-op. Water shouldn't stretch the pouch...it should just go right through within a few seconds.

As far as the applesauce goes, are you taking teeny tiny bites? I used a baby spoon and only ate about 1/3 of a baby spoon bite each time. I don't think it should hurt though...maybe you're taking too big of a bite?

Hey Reggie! You should be able to sip on Water sip after sip after sip at this point with no problem. I think I was drinking a few ounces every 15 minutes at 3 days post-op. Water shouldn't stretch the pouch...it should just go right through within a few seconds.

As far as the applesauce goes, are you taking teeny tiny bites? I used a baby spoon and only ate about 1/3 of a baby spoon bite each time. I don't think it should hurt though...maybe you're taking too big of a bite?

Hi Chris, I a taking teeny bits and I think the gas is playing a huge roll in ths as well as the port pain.

Welcome back Reggie Bandster! Sounds like you are taking it slow to heal and ready to get started! The Water should be fine, keeping hydrated is so important right now, and as Christine said, baby spoons and even forks for mushies helped me to adjust slowly getting back to eating, even smaller plates and bowls. Sounds like you may even have some restriction already! We will sure miss you today, and use this weekend to care for you!

Thanks Rosey and Christine! I will try to make it to the next meeting. You guys have fun! I think I will try some cream of chicken Soup for lunch and dinner.< /p>

Help with Ticker Factory please, I have created one but can't seem to add it to my sggy.

REGGIE!!!! you did it girl! You are sooo awesome!

Ok now onto Water, nope wont stretch you, I drink 20 oz in like 15 min. It does get way easier, at your stage I was drinking more then i should have probably 8 oz in 5 min.... I cant really remember but the sipping thing didnt last to long with me. The apple sauce shouldnt give you issues. Try something else. Like the cream of wheat, maybe your band just doesnt like whats in it???? Or like Chris said too big of bites?

Riley! Thatis awesome girl! So glad you feel restriction!!!! Also, I will be at the group fill also. I think most of us are....

Tina: Bummer, that sucks, hopefully you can sneak over! The stitches i think are normal to come out.. I dont remember if you were there i showedeveryone my peaking stitches.. and it does get even more interesting cause both sides start coming out... Dr baggs said its normal.

Nadiner: If RNY is what is right for you do that one instead, just find out the pros and cons for each:D Dr Baggs didnt push anything with me, he asked what i wanted.

Donna: The wii fit active, does it use your knees alot??? Im interested in it but heck im not allowed to walk so if there is a lot of activities that use the knee i cant get it.. so let me know:D

Candy I am sure 1 is ok, atleast for me, lets see what the rest of the girls say:D

Im not sure if i told everyone i found a way to kick the snacking.... Now before you get a snack tell someone so you have someone there to say do it.. "Honey if i snack make sure i do something to burn it... (with my husband i had to add and that does not include sex!) So before i snack i really think about it. And 9/10 times im not snacking. It has worked now for over a week!

OH AND, im loosing again. And what is crazy is im not really working out, unless you consider burning 100 cals on a bike a work out. And nothin yesterday. I just hope the weight keeps going.

Have a good day ladies!