Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

OK you girls, you're starting to scare me - LOL.

Glad I got rid of the carbs because since I cut it out I've lost the 4lbs I gained and in only 3 days! I'm not big on exercise but last night my hubby wasn't home & I got up & walked by myself! Big step for me. We have this huge hill we call gigantor two streets over and he makes me walk up it but I skipped it last night. haha

Hey Nicole, I live in Vallejo. How bout you? I can't wait till my thighs don't rub together anymore hahahaha.

I do have swim shorts - My step daughter just got them for me - whoop whoop! They are from torrid so they go all the way past my knees - mens swim shorts do the same.

Donna I will look for you all on the right - mid back of room :thumbup: Can't wait to meet everybody!!!!!

Reggie, sorry you're in pain but I'm happy for you!

I can't wait to be a bandster too. Then, maybe, I won't feel so out of the loop all the time and will know exactly what you all are talking about - LOL.

Hi girls! Ok, I'm having a great day with SV's (scale victories) and NSV (non-scale victories) and wanted to share!

1: I'm on day 5 of my walk/jog workouts and I feel great! I have more energy after working out and my workouts seem to go by faster because I'm mixing it up!

2: It's been exactly one week from my first fill and I weighed today and....I lost 4.2 lbs this week! 4.2!!! That's nuts! I'm so excited and proud!

3: This is huge to me...I've been updating my ticker since I went to orientation in November and today when I edited it I saw that I'm now over half way to my goal! 62 lbs down and 60.5 to my skinny goal! I've been checking everytime and it's gotten closer and closer and now it's there! I'm officially on the downhill part of my weight loss and that feels so good. I've lost more than 50% of my excess weight loss. YAY!

Anyway, I had to share my awesome news for today. I just grilled 3 oz of fish and had 2 tbsp of fruit and I'm so STUFFED. That's still such a trip to me that I am getting full on so little and such healthy food. Very very excellent.

Hope you're all having a great day too! :thumbup:

YAY!!! Yay yay yay Christine, that is SO awesome!!! WOOT, WOOT!!! :smile2::w00t: Sounds like you are WORKIN that band girl!!! Good for you, gettin' your excercise on! And ENERGY, isn't that absolutely the BEST PART!!! I love the energy :thumbup:

I sure hope I get full on that amount after my fill tomorrow!

Heard any more from Reggie??

I heard from her this morning and posted the info. It's probably back a page...

Thanks so much! Yeah, I'm really loving my band. This is the first week where I've really seen it at work. I'm hoping to keep up a good pace like this and get to my goal quick! Knocking on wood for no more plateaus!!!

OH I found it thank you Christine! I blew right past it before, just saw the one that she was out.

Reggie you poor baby! Day 2 is hardest, I promise. . . . . walk sip sleep walk sip sleep!!

Christine...you rock girl!!! You always make me feel better.......I know this is a good thing!!! :thumbup: I'm so prod of you....like I told you looked hella skinny in that pic you sent me, just next time can you not send me naked ones....my hubby was drooling!!! :smile2: Just kidding!!!

Reg...it will get better girl.....oh how 2 weeks ago I was in your shoes......it will get better!!!!

Ok.....I know I am the total bipolar on here...one minute I love the band the next I hate it......it's a love hate relationship what can I say......it's alot like my relationships in past (besides my husband :laugh:) but thats for another post!!! :w00t:

So did anyone seriously puree their food? ??I mean really? It's like cat food....I can't do it......I just ate a little chicken I just really concentrated on chewing till it was musshy....we will see how I do.....

I have had little energy....I even feel dizzy sometimes....maybe now that I can have Protein that will help....

One thing I am loosing like crazy...207 today.....

Hi Girls I am so down. I need a pick me up. I feel im not meant to loose anymore! I was told to limit it to walking, bike, tread and swim. Ok fine. NOW, i woke up this am worse so talked to the dr again, she said NO WALKING, RUNNING, ELLIPTICAL and maybe not swimming!!!! Possibly biking as long as no hills. No stress at all. And if the pain isnt gone by monday I have to go in for another exam.

What the heck. Im so close to goal, my only way to get there now is to workout, and i cant. I now see why people freak, when they get an injury. And the chick on BL. This totally sucks. I think i might emaild r baggs and tell him they are gonna be so mad if 2 months go by and i am only down 4 lbs.. :thumbup:

Anyone wanna do lunch next week:redface:

Chris: That is awesome girle! I am so happy for you!

Reggie: Miss you and you are soo in my thoughts!

Candra: I live in Marysville... so kinda far But we do visit there often when i do ill let you know and we can hit the beach together:D I wear shorts now, i think im to the point of not caring........

I have something to say about the "easy" way... we are talking to the Inlaws agian...dont ask me why not quite sure... BUT they said a year ago i could never be a thin girl, and the normal insults. Well now im down 70 and they are like WHOA.. Well if they knew i had surgery theyd be all thats why.. when we all know its not. BUT here is another way thing if we choose not to tell people or even if we choose to, making dinner plans is TOUGH! They were all lets go to pizza, im like ummm no thats fattening, lol, lets do steak eh no... lol nothing they wanted i wanted to have. Or should be having, so i said lets do turkey burgers... they LAUGHED.

candy I was tired and dizzy too.........until almost 4 weeks. I just had no energy at all.

Christine: I hope after my fill I will have restriction. Right now it is all about willpower and me staying on top of things. Lots of Water and only eating two meals a day right now. Brunch and Early dinner!! losing but slowly.........

Reggie: This is day two you will be so much better in a couple of days. Walk, walk, walk.................

Nicole I would love to meet up next week but it would depend on the day......................I am going over to Pinole next week for a fill and only work two days next week.

Ok so NSV...................my clothes are falling off me but only one pound down. Something is crazy here!! I feel good so I can't complain but.....my shoulders neck and face are almost to goal weight............LOL.................hope the rest catches up with me!! My size on top is now 14/16 three sizes down........bottom is 18/20 one size down............but some 16's are fitting...............

Nope i didnt puree it, the only thing i did was chili when i was on Soups. After that when i was on purees i would puree my chicken cause i couldnt chew that enoughbut mostly i just pureed in my mouth. I was fine.

I am worried you are still dizzy... I got over that once i hit purees/mushies... How much are you eating?

Christine...you rock girl!!! You always make me feel better.......I know this is a good thing!!! :thumbup: I'm so prod of you....like I told you looked hella skinny in that pic you sent me, just next time can you not send me naked ones....my hubby was drooling!!! :smile2: Just kidding!!!

Reg...it will get better girl.....oh how 2 weeks ago I was in your shoes......it will get better!!!!

Ok.....I know I am the total bipolar on here...one minute I love the band the next I hate it......it's a love hate relationship what can I say......it's alot like my relationships in past (besides my husband :laugh:) but thats for another post!!! :w00t:

So did anyone seriously puree their food? ??I mean really? It's like cat food....I can't do it......I just ate a little chicken I just really concentrated on chewing till it was musshy....we will see how I do.....

I have had little energy....I even feel dizzy sometimes....maybe now that I can have Protein that will help....

One thing I am loosing like crazy...207 today.....

Tina i am avail m-w. What day is ok for u? We leave town Thurs-mon...

Edit: and i know the feeling my clothes are loose too but the scale and i argue pretty often.

OH GIRLS, i have a way to beat snacking and its worked this week for me... I told mike if i snack ihave to go burn the cals right then (kinda hard with restriction, takes longer lol) but still. So when u take the 100 cal cracker bite or whatever then leave for the walk... bike, whatever it is u wanna do to burn that.

Edited by AudsMom

I'll be there Saturday!

I'm not looking forward to this weekend. We have a graduation party on Friday, visiting my boyfriend's family in San Jose on Saturday and another graduation party in San Francisco on Sunday. We do our own little tour of California. I'm so worried about what I'm going to eat. Every other time we've gone to stay with his family we have fast food or we go out to dinner. The boyfriend is trying to do the pre-op diet with me so I feel like I should bring an ice chest with food for us, but I just don't know.

I weighed myself at the gym the other day. I guess my scale at home isn't broken. I really have lost this much weight!

Can't wait to meet you guys on Saturday!

Today I was not feeling well...I was at Ty's field trip....he loves pistachios....they were in my purse....so before I got dizzy enough to fall over I ate a few....oh my gosh after a little while I felt so much better...so maybe I need to really be eating some protien....Tonight is our run night ith soccer and all so I heated up a Healthy choice meal (my fav) and took my measuring cup and measured a little chicken and a little mashed potatoes....Robin told me yesterday to stick to 1/4 c...well it satisfied me and I felt pretty good...but by the time we got home I was really hungry......so maybe need to up it

Tina what days work for you next week....its my last week off...my goodness it went fast!!!! But let me know I would be down for a lunch meet!! :thumbup:

I work Tuesday and Wednesday. Thursday out to see Dr. Baggs in the morning...........Friday I am off all day!!

Tuesday, Wednesday or Friday work for me.

I too am discouraged Nicole about the scale moving so slow. But I am trying to focus on how good I am feeling and how much energy I have now!! Also the clothes fitting better...........I hope after my fill I will get back on losing role. At least I am down from surgery and not the same weight or higher and OMG it is still 37 pounds.

People at work are totally making comments about me losing weight now. I am just telling them I am trying to be healthy and losing slowly.........which is all true.

candy my month flew by!!! I was so shocked but really I was glad to come back to work. Which shocked me. I get bored at home when I am feeling good...........LOL. Waiting until June 3, 2009 to see if I get laid off. I hope not!!

Also I didn't mush everything. I chewed really well. I can't eat some things if they look at mooshy and soft like that. I never got stuck............not soft foods the same thing. I ate some broccoli yesterday, just the tops, and it went down really slowly and hurt..........ah sad because I love broccoli but I don't think it works for me anymore. I really hurt going down........I wasn't sure for a minute if it was coming back up, but after just walking around I was ok.

Oh girls. I tried this crystal light slurpee at 7-eleven. It was so good.......no straw u use the spoon. I am gonna have to stop by this this summer..............feels like dessert but crystal light!!