Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Thanks Riley!!! I know it's just the brain playing tricks on me LOL.

Ya Reggie you will be fine. But I so know what your feeling. I was there five weeks ago. The waiting and wondering is way worse than actually going through with it. Now that I know what to expect I would do it again no worries.............Excited for you.

Ah Riley I want to run with you guys. But a 10K I wanted to start with five.....

Chris I talked to a friend who is a personal trainer yesterday and he said to train for a 5k or just to get in shape you run 3 walk 2.........until your too tired to go on. So you gonna be on a role. Circuit training. I need to follow your example.

I am having trouble with exercise right now. Work is crazy busy again. I am really gonna have to just take my lunch everyday and not worry so much about the looks people give when someone actually does take their lunch break......

I am down a pound I think!! NOt sure since I am not weighing until friday and things go up and down so much......but all that Water seems to b e paying off my clothes are getting looser again...........Ya!!

Riley I have a list of soy/veggie meats that work for Protein per Robin..........I eat the morning star sausage patties in the morning........and there are Big Franks that she recommended by Loma Linda I think.....

Anyway I have a freeze full of things that work and several things in the cupboard. Haven't tried them so I don't know how they taste but...........

If you do go veggie again I can pass my list on to you. I am doing ok with but it is a bit harder............I have had to get strict this last week to start losing again.

I am also wondering if I didn't watch the soduim enough which is why I stopped loosing. I know my shoulders, arms, legs and face are shrinking......but as they get smaller my belly gets bigger..........still feels and looks swollen......

Hi Ladies!

Reggie!!! Tomorrow is the day!!! YAY. And you are 100% normal i dreamed about my funeral.......

Tina: Not everyone has to put their feet up for a fill, or do a partial crunch. Infact Dr baggs to not flex.. just lay there, so i did with my EYES shut!

Riley: I am right there with you girl. But I am still only doing 1/4 c and 2 tbs fruit or veg and i have uped m y toast to 1/2 slice... BUT, i dont ever feel full. I just stop eating and drink 3 bottles of Water till my next eating time:) It is literally a count down to me. I had restriction for a DAY. Now I have none. Zilch. Not even in the am. Which i dont mind i still havent vomited, and the only time i got stuck was the egg, and i was only stuck for 10 min.. so who knows if thats even stuck.

Candra: The 1200 does work! Girl i was almost to 50 lbs lost on that thing. I MISS IT! It did work the most in the begining.. When it comes to working out, shoot for 30 min. You will get there and find urself leaving 45-1 hr later, and if u do leave right on the 30 min mark then thatis still good. And you wont get as burnt out; Start a nightly walk with ur hubby. Mike and i do it every day unless im sick or hurt or him or something like not home. It used to be 1.5 miles.. 30 min.. now we do 2.5 laps so its 4 miles in an hour and 10... Get the heart monitor, christine talked me into it, it will also motivate you to want to burn MORE:)

The rest of you: are doing awesome.. oooh who said the thing about the Lake Tahoe Marathon.. i want to do it!!!! And i think we all should, even if we are walking. Anyone game?? We can get shirts, and even put a picture onthe back that has our old pics and then our new us or soemthing cute like that..

I am sorry im not around much, suprised im not 500lbs already not fromeating but from stress. We found out mom and dad didnt tell the bank they wereent gonna pay.. so foreclosure started early! Meaning we got about 2-4 months till we HAVE to be out of here. OK PROBLEM... no job.. = no apartment. We cant rent anything on unemployment, but also cant on min wage jobs, we are basically homeless if he cant gt a job, im pretty freaked out. Im applying him now to SF, san jose, Sac, Fairfield, San Diego, LA, Montana.. Thats as far as ill apply rightnow..

My knee is still messed up, on my walk last night it started aching and going numb again, what the heck ihad NO problems before surgery! Why now!!!!!!!!

Luv ya girls

OMG Nicole I am so sorry! Can your parents do anything with the new federal programs to reset their payment before foreclosure takes place? Yikes. Praying for you!! :redface:

Tina, he said he usually has us do a partial crunch or lift the legs a bit so it'll contract our abs so he can find the port. As we lose weight and have less cushion between our skin and the port it'll be easier to find. Once he found my port he had me lay back and relax, as you see in the video. I don't think Nicole is realizing that when she and I had our first fills she was about 40 lbs smaller than me...obviously that's why she didn't need to engage her abs for it to be found.

Riley: My parents own 3 homes.. this one they have agreed to let go because the payment went from 1700 to 3400 kinda hard to do with another 2 mortgages. And they dont qualify because they make to much and have more then one home. I told mom our worries cause she no longer lives here and she actedlike she doesnt care she wont even call the mortgage company...

Tina: Chris could be right that its the weightloss difference, he told me it all depended on the persons body. So dont stress:) It is easy as pie:D

Oh! Well I would let it go, too, then. It just sure makes it hard on you guys! OK changing prayer for Mike to get a good job soon! :-)

Okay Ladies, Kaiser called me with my appointment for tomorrow and I will be in surgery at 10a.m. :redface:

Yay reggie! Focus on how HAPPY you will be when it is over!!!

Go Reggie, go Reggie, go Reggie, GO! Time 2 B a Bandster!

Yes we all go thru the should I really? I had 2 times before the pre-op room then 1 in there, where, I was like I cant do this. Me hubby stayed by my side ea time and reminded me why. And now I am sooo glad I did. You will do well, we are a praying for ya!

Got my EA SPorts Active, personal trainer Wii Game! Just got home and gonna get on it, will tell u how it goes! Tina, did u get yours? By the way ladies, if anyone has a Wii, I have the "My Fitness Coach" Game by Ubisoft, got it for $20.00, will sell for the same, do not need Wii Fit for it.

Thanks for the link Christine our resident vlogger! Will watch the rest today, but, why they have u drink while laying down? We do AFTER, and sit up. Hmmm.

Would like to shoot for the Lake Tahoe Trek..but a walking!

Riley, Candra, Candi, SmallerJ, Momcof3 and all the lovely ladies, have a good afternoon, drink those liquids! (Remindin meself).

Who can make it to Support group this SATurday? :redface:

Edited by roseyyyd1

I'm trying to be there this saturday but might not be able to. I'll know in a few days.

Donna, he had me take some sips of Water while laying down while the needle was still in so he could adjust the saline if he needed to. Then when he was done I sat up and drank an 8 oz cup of water while we finished talking to make sure I could get it all down okay.

Thanks for answering Christine! lol

You did so great on the vlog, your facial expressions...are you Italian? hehehe Thanks for the wave to your girls...we want a shout out! lololol

I got the game and working on it now. I think it is better than the WII Fit but again I have only had the whole system for three days so I am just learning.............My daughter is on it all the time!! She has the workouts down already.

What is the Fitness game you have?

Christine my stomach has alot of fat still. LOL. I will be doing the sit up thing..........it seems swollen......I guess the but and stomach go last. My shoulders are where I am losing alot.

Ok today I ran into the girl at work who has RNY. She is at goal weight now. I last saw her in October (we work at different sites) OMG!!! Her hair is back nice and thick again but she has lots of skin.........like her stomach is still big but only no fat in it......just skin.......her arms are melted but still big if that makes sense........Over all she looks really, really good!!! And happy but I just notice stuff cause I was looking and wondering.............

My arms are deflating!! LOL. Like they aren't as chubby but the room for the chubby is still there if that makes sense.

Ok gonna play WII and than check on the new youtube blog!!

I will be there this saturday and have more clothes to get rid of now. Today I tried on three pairs of pants before I found ones the fit!! :-) Happy but sad I am losing all my favorite outfits.......

People at work today kept telling me my hair makes me look better..........ah hello I have lost weight. People can't see that I guess!! They said one we heard you were really sick on medical leave and that is why you look so great now your feeling better..............sometimes I think I am just gonna tell people what I did but something inside of me say no leave it alone for now............maybe later!!

candy I will be intereseted to see how it goes when you go back to work!!

Ok nite ladies..........

Edited by swrktp

Hey ladies- hope everyone had a nice day.

Christine -Just wanted to tell you I watched your videos on youtube...great stuff!

Good luck Reggie, but I'm sure you don't need it. You'll be fine. :unsure: I can't wait to hear all about it.

Rosey thanks for thinking of me, you all are my motivation.

I'm having a pretty decent week. I've cut way down on carbs and I got my butt out of bed early the last few mornings to hit my elliptical. Not going to weigh myself until June 1st...too stressful.

I don't think I can make it to the meeting, I live in the east bay (close to Kaiser) lucky me:unsure:

anyway just wanted to check in, take care all

Jes