Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Hey candy

I think your right about the band loosening up and weight loss........haven't weighed this week will do that on Friday but I know I have lost at least 11 pounds and probably more now.

Just weird because only the last couple of days the restriction is totally gone.........night and day difference.

I went back to all liquids for a couple of days and am working my way back up to soft foods..........Only this time no potatoes Soup or carbs. LOL. I figured I needed to jump start things again and decided since the mushies and soft foods were when I started to plateau that I would go backward and than move up slower this time...........

also doing the WII fit the last couple of days although I am having to fight my daughter for time!!! We both love it!! I probably will cancel my gym membership after next month when it expires ............I think between this and my DVD's I would do better exercising at home.............well at home I am less self concsious!! A gym is still a gym..............LOL.

I got the EA new exercise game coming in tomorrow............ That looks interesting. Just wish two people could play WII fit!!

Ah Reggie did you get the CD? I still have mine. I will be home tonight after 6pm.................

I work in Natomas if you want to stop by there tomorrow or later today.

Or maybe you can connect with candy.< /p>

Just let me know!!

Candy your doing great. I hope the heat makes me melt too!! LOL. Maybe I will go outside today and just baste away in the sun...............LOL. I am losing in my shoulders, face and waste.........of course with me the butt is always the last to go...........afraid to weigh because I get upset with all the up and downs.......I am only weighing on Fridays now. But I want to get down another 3-5 before my first fill......don't want to hear Robin talking to me about 11 not being enough again.............will do liquids all week if I have to..............LOL!!

Not sure what to do! My next fill is scheduled for Friday, I only have 3 cc's right now and he said I would definately have restriction after this next fill. I can't eat for 6 hours before it, so sounds kinda big . . . . I am eating WAY too much, like more than a cup at a time and not getting a full feeling until I've had a LOT. If I don't eat until that full feeling, then an hour later I don't feel like I've eaten yet. Sound familiar to anyone? Weight loss is down to 1 lb. a week from my usual 3 lbs. a week, and I am working out every day - I burn between 600 and 1,000 calories through excercise every day. So I definately need a fill, right??

But yesterday I got stuck 3 friggin' times! I was chewing carefully, too. Blasted chicken again, but I used to be able to tolerate it! I am worried that I will be TOO tight after this fill and not be able to eat solid foods, and still not have the "I'm full after 1/2 cup" feeling that I had before. Advice??

Hey Riley I am in the same place right now............

I am still confused why some people are already at 5-6ccs at the first fill and 3-5.8 at surgery? Your only three and you have had two fills already? I am sorta confused about how they do this..........

Riley how much are you getting filled at each appointment and do you know how much your fill was at surgery?

I have never really had great restriction but lately I have none..............my guess is I don't have much of a fill from surgery or I have lost alot of fat in the last five weeks..........

I am not getting stuck at all. Not eathing much because everything feels like it sticks to me right now...........

I have heard that chicken can be a big issue for bandsters............maybe you will have to just go back to being a vegetarian again??

My port has almost entirely quit hurting!! Only if I wears jeans does it hurt now..........

Nicole, Christine.............how was your weekend??

Oh Riley I see you only had 1cc at sugery..........hmm.........so I wonder if it is just luck of the draw what your band has in it at surgery? I was told around 3cc's.............but I think that is just a guesstamate. I think it really varies anywhere from 1-5.

I did hear that he does 2cc for the first fill. Than 1cc at the next appointment, than .5 at all the other appointments.

Edited by swrktp

Tina, I've just had the 1 fill - 2cc left in at surgery, then he gave me 1cc for my first fill. Everyone is really different I guess! I don't understand it either, but I was FINE right after surgery, got full really easy, never felt hungry or anything so it was exactly the right amount for me. But by week 5 that was going away, and I gained weight back until my first fill, then lost 10 lbs again after it - and now nothing. Well very little, and only because I am working my ^*& off!:eek:

yeah I'm confused about the chicken thing, it was a dry breast and didn't come from a can - I was trying to broaden my horizons and get away from just canned chicken and fish - but alas. I still refuse to eat anything with a bone in it, it's GROSS to gnaw flesh! I am going to talk to Robin about transitioning back to vege on Friday, I think I am getting too much Protein right now - between 80-120 grams - because of all the soy I eat. But she is going to cut out my soy slender soy milk, I know she is, because she will say that I'm drinking my calories or whatever. But I am NOT giving up my Decaf latte in the AM!

Riley

Hi Tina, It was me that asked about the 1200 calorie diet. I must be the only 1200 calorie reject because today I weighed myself & I apparently gained 4lbs since Tuesday - Hmmm? I think I must be geared to no carbs like you - before I started this diet I hardly ate any - even if I got a burger in the drive thru I wouldn't eat the bun & no fries - I'd have a salad with full fat dressing haha & a diet coke - out to Breakfast would usually be an omelet with no hash browns or toast but I'd get Tomato slices with full fat rance dressing. I was once told that once you cut carbs out of your diet you can never add them back or you will gain weight instantly - maybe that holds true for me.

It could also be that I laid in bed from Thursday night till Sunday morning and did absolutely nothing due to the constant headache I had! My Migraine pills (Maxalt) didn't even work - excederine took the edge off a little but then we are back to caffeine! I did walk for 45 minutes with my husband on Sunday!

Today I woke up feeling fabulous! in spite of the 4lb weight gain - I am ready to rock! At 6:30 this morning my husband got up with me and power walked again for 45 minutes around the neighborhood - I ate 1/2 a chicken breast for breakfast wtih 1/2 cup green Beans & 1/2 cup (60 cal) yogurt. I packed my lunch - same thing as breakfast LOL - to bring to the office with me today - helping out a friend! but I think after this I will cut out all carbs!

I got a swim dress (yes a swim "DRESS") and am going to bring my fat ass to the pool tonight - I didn't make it last night! I brought it with me and am going straight there after I leave here because once I get home I know I will not go back!!

Thanks, again Tina - it's a big help to know that I don't have to follow this so strickly! Hope these next 10 days go by quickly for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heather - WOW! what's your secret girlfriend??

Happy Monday ladies!!

Reggie, you are do so great with this pre op diet!! I'd love to peak at your food log - LOL. 2 days girl! whoo hoo!!

Christine ~ OMG!!! I just saw you post - 60 lbs!!!!! You must be ecstatic!! That's great. I'm so very happy for you. Extremely Jealous but happy none the less hahahaha

Riley will be interested to know what Robin says to you on Friday. I am afraid she is gonna tell me to start eating meat next week!! LOL. I really, really will gag and throw up if I do though.........talk about slipped band!! LOL.

Candra: I don't know why I can't eat carbs only know I can't. So sad to hear you will gain weight if you go back but I agree. I feel it instantly when I eat them. Get that heavy feeling in my stomach. Also with the last few weeks of liquids and mushies I have had more carbs than I can handle I think. That is my theory on why my weight is so stuck. I don't mind being hungry but alot of the mushies are sliders foods and to carb heavy. I have to get back to the 1200 (minus about 400 calories!! LOL) because that worked better for me.......

Of course it didn't hurt I was in Africa for almost a month and my body went into shock and shed almost 1o pounds in three weeks........and all I ate when I did eat was CARBS!!! It was just too hot to eat, I was exercising about 6 hours a day I didn't like the food in the least so no temptation.........only liked the cucumbers which I ate for every meal!!! LOL. Maybe I need to go to Africa again.......it has crossed my mind!!

Have a great day. I am out in the field the rest of the day so no more forum until I get home tonight........... I have been on phone line all morning but no calls so far!!

Candra ~ what Tina said about the 1200 and carbs, I wholeheartedly agree! Also about having to do all 3 things - the diet, the Water, and the excercise to lose. Oh and by the way . . .that doesn't change after surgery, darn it!

I lost 43 lbs before surgery, in about 3 1/2 months. I ate about 900 of the 1200 calories, I replaced the starches with Proteins. I can't eat wheat so that is not an issue, but I found that if I had "1/2 a small potato, plain" it just made me want 1-1/2 large potato, dripping with butter and sour cream and bacon crumbles!!! SUCH a trigger for me, and yes, as soon as I start eating carbs again my liver stores about a ton of glycogen and that weighs, well, a ton! And Robin is perfectly happy to have you replace the carbs with Protein. She does want you to really really really hit the water tho, if you increase your proten.

Hope that helps! Have to go be on an oral board; type at you all later!

Yes, Riley, that does help - a great deal!! I absolutely LOVE cream of wheat & sweet potatos but you & I are the same in that once I start eating it - i just don't want to stop. The cream of wheat does fill me up for quite some time but I think I'll do without it!

I'm trying to get into an exercise routine! It's so hard to get started!! Got a 1.5L bottle of Water sittin in front of me right now! I figure I gotta drink 1 & 1/2 of these at the very least.

I found the same thing with the chicken, dry - LOL. Chewing it 30 times pretty much turns it to mush though. I use crystal hot sauce on it - LOVE IT - it helps keep it moist! I can only assume that I will have to give that up too even if it does have zero cals.

Riley, I asked Dr. Baggs on the day of my fill how I could have so many cc's in my band at surgery (5-5.5) and how my friend (Nicole) could have 3.8 even though she was about 40 lbs lighter than me at surgery? He said that it has nothing to do with the size of the person on the outside. Everyone has a fat pad around their stomach and it basically depends on how big or small that fat pad it that determines it. He said that when he put the band around my stomach that there was enough slack around it to put in 5.5 cc's. He said it's different for everyone depending on the amount of fat and that as we lose weight those fat cells shrink and so does the fat bad, therefore resulting us in needing fills to get rid of the new "slack" around the band.

I thought that was interesting!

Also, I'm in the process of uploading my first fill video onto my Youtube channel and I'm about to record my 6 week update and will post that too. I'm also adding my Youtube channel link into my signature. Hope you like it and the needle doesn't freak you out! :eek:

Also, I incorporated a new workout yesterday! I've been determined to start jogging a bit once I get to a small enough size and yesterday was the day. I was on the treadmill doing 3 minutes walking (3.3-3.5mph) and then 1 minute of jogging (4.2-4.4mph) and I did it for...get this...ONE HOUR!!! I always walk for an hour or more but I didn't think I'd be able to keep up the jogging part of it for that long too. I was so proud of myself!

I worked out this morning but only walked cuz I'm a little sore from yesterday, lol. I don't want to scare myself off of the jogging so I think I'll ease my way into it by doing it every other day. It was so fun though and the hour went by much faster than normal because I was mixing it up. Very cool!

Alright, the fill video is up! I'm off to record an update and to get that uploaded too.

Christine that awesome...its time for me to add some exercise in!! :eek:

By the way that info about how much saline they put in is interesting...I noticed on my pictures of the band he gave I had alot fo fat on my acctual stomach...I was suprised.....dont know why but just didnt expect that...so I will be curious to see how much he put in at surgery