Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

I will even walk one with u next month :scared2:

Yeah im 14 dress 12 pant m/l shirt.. pretty nuts.

OH and i finally saw my size the other day while looking for apartments, i looked at my reflection like wow, im gettin smaller lol. Maybe my head is catching up:D

How were u today?

We went and got the WII and the WII fit tonight...........hoping we like it. I did find out about the EA coming out on Tuesday suppose to be a great thing..........

Anyone know about Dance revolution? Looks like it might be an active game too!! My daughter wants that one. There is also a few other active looking games like skiing and snowboarding..........

Gonna see how we like it first before we get any games. My daughter is trying to connect it now.......

Thank you:)

So what did everyone have for dinner.. i had planned on burger patty lol, well.. I finally got home at 9.. ended up settling with 1/4 c tuna and 1/2 a slice of toast.

Ok WII Fit is fun and I did get a bit winded on some games. So that challenge is to get through the games without being winded now!!

Also have WII sports and the tennis game keeps you moving. Bowling not so much but a fun games..........

Impressive. Was'nt sure what to expect.

Hey Ladies!!!!!

I'm so glad you liked the WII Tina!!! I love it!!!!!

So I went shopping yesterday for the first time since I started really loosing weight...I bought a size 16 short!!!!! I can't believe it!!!! I was so excited and a 14/16 shirt...wow

I'm down 35 pds!!!!! I think I am really starting to love my band!!! :rolleyes2: Finally!!!!

I even wore a tank top in public......never do that

candy isn't shopping fun?? I am getting close to 16s but think I'll stick to the 18s for awhile.......... I still like things a bit baggy and the 18 still are!!!! Maybe that will change as time goes on. : ) I have always worn things a bit big. But than again i have always been a bit big since High School!! LOL

Does amyone have other active games they recommend 4 the WII? I heard outdoor challenge is good!!

Edited by swrktp

Hi Heather, So, don't take this the wrong way because I'm so not happy that you are struggling but so glad that I'm not the only one finding this VERY difficult - lol. Keep at it though, cuz I need you!

Reggie & Tina, Were you two given food guidelnes? The "diet" I got said that Breakfast should be 3 servings Protein, 1 serving fruit, 1 serving dairy, 1 serving carbs & serving fat. lunch & dinner need to be 3 servings protein, 2 servngs veggies, 1 serving fruit, 1 serving carbs & 1 fat. Do I not have to follow this? Should I exchange the servings of fruit & carbs for protein or just cut out those servings? dont think I can live on just 3oz of protein for each meal - LOL

i did get up and walk with my husband this morning for 45 minutes. He was kind enough to slow it down a little for me since I'm soooo outta shape. I plan to hit the gym pool tonight - after everybody else is gone! My husband has a PS3 in the living room, I can get a wii for my bedroom but it's not very big, do you need alot of room do to the exercises?

My next door neighbor is so cute. I told her i was trying to lose wight and she said that i need to start doing things for myself to make me feel pretty to keep up the motivation - she's 21, thin & beautiful! She's mexican and has the perfect olive skin tone, anyway, she's waiting on me right now - she's going to shape my eyebrows for me :rolleyes2: and later we are going shopping for new panties - LOL

Have a great day ladies

Good Sunday Afternoon Ladies!

It is NSV time for me! (Non-Scale Victories) (but they are because if it wasnt for the scale going down, I would not be able to experience these!! LOL)

We had our church picnic this morning at the Park...of course concerned in what to wear, i.e. with it being so hot, sweating, uncomfortable, etc. Welll...I had a blast!

Yes, a Tank Top, of course the arms look big, but it was cool, started out with an overshirt, but as it got warm, as I ran through the Water sprinkler park and played, and then even played Volleyball for a round! With energy to boot! Keeping hydrated, and bringing a little bit of my own meals to eat helped with lots of fluids. I used to dread this kind of outing, can't believe how much fun I had!

Reggie, woman, you are on deck! "It's time to make that change", and you are gonna do so well! Heather & smallerj continue to prepare well, Candra too! Candra, no you don't need that much room at all for the Wii Fit, just like a square box round the fit board, and you'll be fine.

Tina, you go momma! I know what u mean about the baggy clothes, somethin I also deal with, because if the fat is not there to 'protect' me, something needs to! But I wore a tank top today and worked it (wearing it, not feelin bad).

Candi skinny momma, you go, can I have your 16's? lolol

Hope the rest of our group is doing well, keep up the liquids with all the heat and get ready to feel less of it with losing more and more 'insulation' (I always had my private supply. lol):laugh: Have a good sunday eve.

Hey all.

Donna your right I think. About using clothes for insulation!! LOL. I have a friend who had gastric a year ago and I used to always wonder why her clothes where so huge on her................I could never figure out why her clothes where three times to big and why she didn't show off the weight lose and clothes that fit her. Now I sorta get it except my clothes are baggy, not three sizes to baggy. But still I give in last week and admitted my capris in size 20 had to go.............safety pins and all!!

I have done the tank top thing even with all my fat. I just get to hot. The one thing I didn't do much of was being social. I have been doing alot more of that the last month. I am feeling better last year at this time I was always sick or had Migraines due to my blood pressure and just wanted to stay home except for work............now I feel better and just better about myself so I notice I am out and about more!! So nice to not have headaches and health issues all the time.

Donna you go girl!!!

HOpe everyone had a great weekend!!! 10 days until my fill........

Reggie here you go girl!!!

Edited by swrktp

Oh girls I have no restriction at all anymore. I did the first couple of weeks............

I just realized today that I can eat just about anything now without a problem. Also noticed the Water is going straight down now.........I don't feel that funnel feeling anymore. I feel it go down quckly.

Tonight I went to the parent/daughter 8th grade dinner. Everything was catered. I was picky but I ate more than 1/2 cup.............I am pretty sure. Alot of it was salad............I know, I know...........but better than all the pasta..........and nothing. Not even a full feeling really. No water and I drank alot of water before I went. But ya know there is no restriction anymore.....Now a couple of hours later I can't even till I ate!!

I barely ate all day know I was going. But this is what I was hoping avoid with the band at this having to white knuckle it. Urghh....................

Seems like the last few days suddenly the tight, restricted feeling is totally gone!! It has been a big difference in how if feels eating with it tight and now..... I think it has been getting less and less for about a week now. But suddenly today I realized it is gone I don't get full like I did before.

I am so ready for a fill!! I need a fill. I am doing this on my own right now. Doing the willpower and getting sorta tired of it all........................I just keep telling myself 10 more days than some restriction!

I miss the restriction and tight feeling I had the first couple of weeks. I sorta like the really full feeling after just a little food..................

Edited by swrktp

I'm doing better with the diet already. I'm less hungry between meals. I even went to my friend's son's 6th birthday party and was able to resist the nachos, hot dogs and everything else. It wasn't time for my next meal, so I didn't eat. It was a big win for me today. Yay!

Hey all you newbies.......

Not sure who asked the question in regards to diet and the 1200 calories........

Here is my take on that. I think it is a great plan but for me I had to reduce the carbs on the plan and add more protiens to lose. That is just how my body works. I can't do any carbs and lose at a fast pace. Also the carbs make me crave sweets and more carbs..............so I just was stricter than the diet required because that is what worked. Believe me I tried alot of tweaking in the beginning and I have to go with no carbs at all at least to be in the fast weight lose mode.

Having said that here I am post op and finding out again that I can't eat carbs at all to lose!! Somethings don't change!! LOL.

Also lots of water......over 64 ounces and exercise. I have to do all three things to lose.

Everyone is different this is just works for me. I am not sure Kaiser or Robin would like my tweaking!! LOL.

I can't eat sugar either or sweet stuff cause than I crave it more.........I realize once I get started I am done for the day. So I steer clear of that stuff......one reason why I can never try Diet Coke again. i will so start to crave it with even a little.......well I crave it now but it has been 5 weeks today..........hopefully I will stop craving it here soon. I know I can't ever have it again!!

Best of luck.

sing and dance you have lost alot. Is that since orientation? Wow girl you doing great!! If you don't mind me asking what is your orientation weight? Cause you might be getting close to 10%. I only had to lose 12 pounds for get surgery scheduled!! You might already be there.........

Tina.....Isn't the fact that your band is not as tight now mean that you have lost alot of weight.......that's good right? But I'm sure its frustrating all the same!!!

The 1200 calorie diet worked for me and my husband.....we found it hard to always stick to a meal where we ate the Protein first....you know I would make like tacos with turkey meat and Fat free sour cream.....I mean they were totally low fat, but we ate everything all at once. But we tried and most of the time we would eat protein first. we both lost 20pds in about a month and a half.

Song and Dance did they give you a goal yet? Both Tina and I were given 12 pd goal which I believe we both went way past!!!!

Ok...so I don't know if its the heat or what but the weight is just falling off, I know it probably wont last this way for ever but I will take it while I have it :laugh:....209 baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am 9 pds away from being under 200....I can't believe it!!!!!

Hey Reg did you get that CD? I am so excited for you!!! I will have you in my thoughts and prayers and if you need anything dont hesitate!!! :smile: We love you girl!!!!!!!