Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Hi Nadine,

Next week, EA Sports is coming out with a new Wii Game, called Active, it actually has a sensor to attach and works w/ or w/o the fit! My guys ordered it for me for Mother's Day, I can't wait to use it! Happy moving!

Nadine, I had Dr. Zimmerman for my psych @ Richmond and REALLY liked her! They want to make sure that you don't have unresolved issues, such as depression that isn't being treated . . . there is nothing, NOTHING that you can't or should not tell them. Yes it is a psych screening, but almost everyone passes it! They will make recommendations if they are concerned, for example counseling, meds re-evaluation, eating disorder support group or whatever. Only ones I ever heard about not passing where a woman with persistent pshychotic episodes who was not compliant with her medication; and a friend of mine who has a history of bulemia, with frequent vomitting - with episodes only about 4 months in the past. She needs to be in active treatment for a year before they will let her through the program. But basically, Dr. Z talked to me about my journey to date, the attempts that I had made to lose weight in the past, the kinds of diets that had worked best for me; how I planned on managing head hunger; how much I excercised; how I felt about having the eat meat agin for a year (I was veg when I started in November); and what support groups I was in. Easy as pie! She's the one that helped me kick the caffeine, and also recommended Dr. Baggs as my surgeon because she thought it was a good fit (it was!)

Hey girls!!! I'm back!

Geez, this morning was crazy. I got there for my 9:30 appt with Robin and then to have a fill right afterwards. BUT--when I got there they said "Your appt isn't til 1:45" and I was so pissed. Luckily my mom was there with me and she calmed me down and said "we'll just have a long date and then come back!"

So, we went shopping for a few hours and then had a little bite to eat (they said I could have a light lunch but needed to stop eating one hour before the appt.)

When I got back at 1:30 they took me back and said I with all the mess ups of today they were just gonna have me get a fill and not meet with Robin til next time. THANK GOD!!

So, Dr. Baggs came in with the nurse and they were both so nice. He said I'm down 18.5 in 5 1/2 weeks and that that's an excellent number. Then he felt for my port, marked it with a pen, then did the local to numb me. Then he put the big honkin' needle in (my mom filmed the whole thing!) and dug around for a minute to find it really good (didn't hurt...juts pressure) and then he pulled the saline out and said "wow!" then he finished up and put a bandaid on me.

He sat down at his computer and said he only put in 1 cc because he was able to pull out.....get this.....5.5 cc's!!! Freakin' crazy!!! He said that the weight that I lost pre-op did the trick and that he had a lot of excess space at surgery so now I have 6.5 cc's in my 10cc band! WOOHOO!

I asked him if he thought that would make a difference and he laughed and said it totally will, that sometimes even .5 cc's makes a huge difference. I drank a cup of Water to make sure I was okay and was on my way.

So, now that I know that I had 5.5 cc's in this whole time (he said it was probably closer to 6 since he can never suck it ALL out) it explains why I've never really had much hunger pains...

Anyway, I'll upload the video tonight or tomorrow, (I have girls night and won't be home til late) and let you all know when you can see it.

My next fill is June 25 at 9:30am, where I WILL meet with Robin and then get a fill, probably 1 more cc he said. I'm excited to see if the starts me on my good losses again.

Wow, this is long...hope you're still reading! Talk to you all soon!

By the way--the reason my appt got moved was because all Dr. Baggs was at a meeting in Oakland and wouldn't be back til 1pm. But the morons at Richmond/Pinole never called to change my appt with me...GRRR..

They totally felt bad and kept apologizing and saying this wouldn't happen again. It was okay though because it turned out to be a really fun day with my mom.

So I don't' get how some people have 3.8 and some 5.5.......when I asked him he said that he just leaves whatever is in the band there and that is usually 3.0cc's. So does he actually fill the band up at surgery??

I have had some hunger and when I asked Dr. Baggs he said I was probably around 3cc's.

Sorta confusing.........

I wish I had 5.5cc's but I doubt I do. I think that is why they say not to compare your weight loss to someone else cause there are so many different variables with every person to take into account. No wonder I am only at 10 pounds if I only have 3cc's.

Edited by swrktp

Wow, Chris what a day huh? I'm glad it all turned out ok.

So I went to my pre-op class with Liz and Robin and physical with Tom. All went well, I weighed twice and both times the scale reading was different 299 and 302 so guess what I will take 299 LOL.Bev had me keep my shoes on to weigh (I forgot my socks) however Tom's assistant had me take my shoes off. Well my surgery has been moved to 5/20 instead of 5/19. I was a bit bummed but that's ok it's only a day :-(. OMG did Robin have GB or LB she so totallly look like it??

Hi Donna,

I just picked up a Wii yesterday. I spent last night working out on it. Its great. Thanks for bringing it to the last meeting. I was hooked after I saw the way you can work out on it.

Please send me a message reminding me when the next meeting is here in Sac. I have someone else who wants to come. Thanks

My appointment says 1:45pm but the office staff said to be there at 9am anyway............I hope that turns out to be right. I think I will call and double check on that.

Edited by swrktp

Robin or liz with the GB or Lapband??? I suspect Liz has not sure about Robin..........

I want to get a WII, thinking about it!!

I think Robin did too! She mentioned that her boyfriend is trying to do the 1200 cal diet hhhmmm????? You can tell from her arms and her badge pic.

I have the WII too and it so much fun the kids love the WII Sports often the do it with me. I like the jogging one, it's so funny if you jog too fast you fall flat on your face lol. But you can get a good work out on it. You may have to alternate the activities.

EA Sports is coming out with a new Wii Game, called Active,

I've got to get my hands on that! I worked out for 20 min on the Wii tonight. I know the little baby step aerobics is kinda lame for normal people, but I'm so out of shape that it was just the ticket for me! Worked up a sweat and everything.

Man...It's been a while since that happened. God - how did I get this way???!!!!

Never again!

I have Dr. Park, but I'm an RNY patient. I've only met with her once and like her a lot.

I haven't met with Robin since my orientation. I dont think she had surgery and honestly didn't pay enough attention to liz to be able to tell.

I have pre-op stuff tomorrow and pre-op classes and physical next thursday and surgery in 13 days.

I'm getting nervous and anxious and trying to lose, im stuck. Still at 237.... grr...

WTG Christine, you're about the same weight as me now!! Holy smokes that was fast.

Anyways, RNY recovery is supposed to be harder and everyone is trying to freak me out about it. I'm just ready for it to be over so I can recover.

I'm in Suisun, close to Vallejo for Desperate.

Anyways, that's my update!

I know about wanting it over so you can heal........I was so there a month ago!! I was tired of having to anticipate it all.

Sheena you'll be fine!!

Well ladies I am waiting for Christine to post her fill.......