Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

OK, I may be late on this one but I found a website called fitday.com where you can do an online food journal & exercized log weight tracking - all that good stuff that you probably already know about - hahaha but thought I'd share just in case!

Hi Desperate,

I had surgery in SSF, but I am honored to hang out with these Rich-mond ladies, I use Fitday.com, had compared with the others and I like their software, can even get a desktop one! Glad to see u did orientation, wishing u well!

OK, I may be late on this one but I found a website called fitday.com where you can do an online food journal & exercized log weight tracking - all that good stuff that you probably already know about - hahaha but thought I'd share just in case!

Hey All

Robin called today and I can move to soft foods. I already did......I did have a small salad today but it was mostly Beans, feta cheese and cucumbers with some lettuce but not much.........

Robin said 10 pounds is not enough weight loss in a month. I was asking her about plateaus and she said to switch back to Proteins and no to very, very low carbs. She said to write everything down and I am ok'd to go back to the gym and use cardio machines only!! She said I need to change thing up to get off the plateau...............

I asked her about under 1000 calories and metabolism and she said that should only hold you on a plateau 3-4 days and than your body will start to use the fat................She said the metabolism should not be an issue and that everyone should be under 1000 calories this far out and still losing........

And she said 1/4 of a cup, not 1/2...........not 1/3!! She said only once in awhile to move up.

Anyway I asked alot of questions and now............I have to meet with her on May 28th at Pinole. I guess her and Dr. Baggs are working together over there on his days there. (has anyone noticed they both come from the back east and graduated from the same school??) Anyway she said she he will be doing all his fills there now and that she will be with him to do the dietition consults..............

Oh well.......I am gonna start her food log and no carbs at all this week...............back to the gym again!!! I maybe need this kick in the butt.........but having to meet with Robin and give her a food log............arrgh!!! LOL.

To many questions might not be a good thing.........

Hi All,

I'm new to this forum, but I've been reading lots of your posts and have enjoyed all of the great information and experiences that you've all posted.

I just went to the Kaiser Richmond orientation on 4/28. Started the 1200 cal food plan the next day. Got to say that I've had one hell of a time kicking the caffeine (headache for several days). I've also been struggling with the snacking. Well, I was doing great until today really.

I don't know what the hell hit me, but I just went kinda crazy this afternoon with my eating. Sadly, this has been my M.O. with dieting for, well, my whole life! I can stick with one for a limited period of time, but then go off of the plan in a really bad way.

Anyway, starting over with the plan right now, don't want to dwell too much on this.

Just wanted to say Hi! and thanks for all of your honesty in your posts! Your are all inspiring.

Nadine

Robin is crazy, i eat maybe 800 cals and i have been on a plateu for 3 weeks now. She needs to experience thisto know what we feel!

Riley, i feel no port pain or pain eating.. i think that is tina.

Candra soo glad u enjoyed ur orientation. Yes you get full, no u dont loose head hunger. hth:) Sorry would type more but im onthemini and need nails trimmed...

I try to do the 1/4 if i do im hungry within a hour so i am sticking to my 1/3.

Well I will try it her way but I really think I am just on a plataeu plain and simple.........

I don't like having to check in with her before a fill though. But I was more like 1/2 most meals so ok I give, I give.........that won't work anymore. I might be hungry but I will deal with it.

You do get a full feeling with the band but not like the full you get before the band if that makes sense. It is a satisfied feeling but maybe not full ..............weird but seriously I can only eat 1/4 of what I did before and I get that feeling......it is sorta like a no more room down here feeling..........like if you take another bite it is gonna be in your esophaugus............

I stopped caffiene the night before surgery!!! I just cut way down during fours months pre op.................not that I am a model patient!!! No caffiene in over a month now.......I still want it but don't get headaches or crave it really.....

The weirdest thing for me is when the top pouch is full and I feel satified but the bottom pouch is making hungry noises..........that happened at work yesterday. Everyone was like you just ate but you stomach is growling..........I was as shocked as the next person...........my bottom tummy hadn't gotten full and it was crying..........It was a terrible loud sound quite embarrasing and slightly rude!!

anyone else have a bottom tummy out of control..........at least I know the food in the top pouch was taking its time moving through..........try explianing that to your co workers!!! LOL.

Oh ladies I am so, so tired after work today.............going to be early again. I told Robin and she said totally normal and will last a few more weeks. She said still better to be at work than home...............and she said the port hurting is normal...........everyone complians at this point it hurts.

Still don't like that 10 pounds is not enough.............**grumping to myself about this***

Edited by swrktp

Hi All~

Thanks so much for the advice on leave from work. I think I'll aim for 3-4 weeks. I just don't want to use all my sick time since I know I'll have to use some for follow up appts.

I have another question, it seems like most of you have Dr Baggs, my Dr is Park. I think I vibed really well with her, young, attractive wearing cute clothes LOL. Someone I could relate to. I had Dr Fisher for my orientation. He just seemed a little grouchy to me so I'm kind of glad I couldn't make the surgeon appt with him and ended up with Dr Park. Does anyone else have Dr Park? comments?

thanks again

Jessie

Reggie has Dr. Park and really likes her. I'm sure all 4 surgeons are awesome!

awhile back someone posted a link to a video of the surgery....can you re- post? I can't seem to find it

thanks

youtube--- google Dr. Malley. The whole 45 minute surgery is on there..........in 10 minutes videos.........so I think 5 videos in all.......Very interesting.

Also try Dr. Ortiz from the Obesity center...........he has a video of surgery and lots of very interesting interviews to watch.......

Don't know the exact link but you will find it by asking for lap band surgeries or the doctors names.................Dr. Malley's video is by far the best I have seen!!

Good morning girls! I'm just heading out to get my FIRST FILL! Woohoo! I'm excited, and I'm bringing my video camera and having my mom film it so I can put it on Youtube when I do my next update this afternoon.

I also woke up at 5:30 and got in a 45 minute workout on the treadmill! GO ME! This is the third day in a row back into my workout routine and I already feel so much better.

AND........I broke through my plateau! I had gained 2 stupid lbs when I started soft foods and FINALLY today I was 238.8!!! YAY!

I gotta run, but I'll post later. Have a great day!

Hi All~

Thanks so much for the advice on leave from work. I think I'll aim for 3-4 weeks. I just don't want to use all my sick time since I know I'll have to use some for follow up appts.

I have another question, it seems like most of you have Dr Baggs, my Dr is Park. I think I vibed really well with her, young, attractive wearing cute clothes LOL. Someone I could relate to. I had Dr Fisher for my orientation. He just seemed a little grouchy to me so I'm kind of glad I couldn't make the surgeon appt with him and ended up with Dr Park. Does anyone else have Dr Park? comments?

thanks again

Jessie

I had Dr. Fischer for orientation too, and he was really anti-band - I never would have chosen him! I chose Dr. Baggs because he is the lap-band guy (and cause he matched my personality), but I actually met with Dr. Park first and just adored her! I went to pre-op appointments with a friend of mine who had her for RNY, and she always invited me to ask my questions about my own situation, she's really sweet OH and she's the head of surgery!!! I don't know anyone who has had her and not been thrilled. Hope that helps!