Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

I believe they ask you to quit smoking, im not quite positive. I don't smoke so it wasnt even something I looked at.. I am sure someone knows on here:D

Nicole so what did you do when the food got stuck?

Well it was off of some egg salad with melba cracker...

It hit VERY HARD very fast.

I sat here for a second then stood up... walked around thought oh shit this might not stay put.. so i walked outside and did some stretching.. After like 3 min i heard a gurgle and it wasnt as bad. I still havent finished my lunch, and it feels like a knot in my chest, but atleast the coming back feeling subsided. It has now been 2 hrs since lunch time, and i feel like it happened 10 min ago.. I still have that much pressure. I did just start drinking, im not sure if the Water is going to my large tummy or stuck, i guess ill know...

Omg my husband has got to be the most unempathetic (he picked the word) asshole i know. As i sit here still struggling it he had hte never to say he wouldnt eat it!!! ARE YOU KIDDING. I had 1tbsp of egg salad and then a bite of cracker and wham bam. So anyone want my husband I will send him your way!

Oh Reggie you live in SF right? Mike just had a job interview in the area....

Well ,I figured the smoking would be an issue .Well then I will quit tommorow !That way I can tell my Dr "Look ,I even quit Smoking" ,might just be on the 3rd day when I see her but I want this more than smoking !

LOL ,guess I should warn the Hub's ...LOLOLOL ...

Glad it went down Nicole. I live in Sacramento.

Getting stuck hurts, hurts, hurts...................nothing worked for me I had to wait it out. All night and by morning it was better but I still did Clear Liquids for 1/2 the day to be sure.

Never doing that again if I can help it!!

Oh crap, Nicole that sucks that you got stuck! Do you think you took too big of a bite or didn't chew well enough? That had to hurt.

Good luck with the quitting smoking Zoe, that'll probably help speed up your weight loss too!

I started soft foods this week AND started working out again and for some reason I gained and was 242.0 and was PISSED. Thank god today I weighed and am back down to 240.6 and am really relieved. That was my first little plateau and I didn't like it too much! I can't wait to be well into the 230's so I won't jump back into the 240's again. I've never left a decade and then gained back into it until now...that sucked big time!

I'm hoping that next week when I get my fill I'll get another jump start and start losing a decent 2 lbs a week, possible more.

Edited by swishbc
added more

Wow could i already be too tight??? Or maybe im swollen cause im sick? Idk all i know is i ate maybe 1/4c of my dinner and i got the dieing feeling again. I had the equivalent of 1.5 shrimp. HORRIBLE.

I hope this passes:( I also hope its just my cold.. :glare:

Uh oh, that sounds like how everyone describes what being too tight feels like. This makes me want to ask Dr. Baggs to be conservative with my fills. I'm freaked of being too tight!

watch it close Nicole!! I am not sure it is just because your sick............can you keep liquids down.

Seriously you started out almost at 4cc's and your close to 6cc's now. Out of 10............so your pretty tight already.

Make sure you can drink Water at least and than call Dr. Baggs on Monday if you need to.

Where is MOMOF3.........I think she went through the same thing on her last fill but waited it out and it got better!! Maybe she has some advice.

Its weird 2ccs ago i was able to eat whatever i wanted. And way more then ive had all day. Now i eat and im miserable for 2 hrs. What is weried is bfast i was fine..

I havent vomited. JUST WISSSSHED!!! I am able to drink fine not as fast.

Im going to wait till im not sick see if that helps..

Interesting because I feel like I could eat alot right now as well......but I did go to Jamba juice today and got the small protien thing they have.......half of a 16 ounce and I could only drink half..........I was stuffed after 4 ounces. So sometimes it seems like I have no restriction at all and sometimes it seems like I do..................

I am looking forward to my fill but hope I don't get to the too tight phase. I don't want to know I have a band and be able to feel it that much!!

Nicole I think in a couple of days it will get better but if not follow up ..........if you can drink Water you should be ok.

Does anyone else wonder if we can't eat as much if our matabolism will slow down overtime to adjust.............I am eating 900-1000 a day and still plateau. I tell you my body is just really loving being 217!!!

I am hoping it is me just being sick or somthing since i swell a lot.

I do see why people resort to sliders.. Talk about easier then feeling like you have something in ur gut. I am looking forward to bfast im gonna make a quiche:D And some califlower potatoes:D and i want to do a ricotta bake:D

Tina, i have been on a plateu forever also, something about our bodies just sits.. I know its evil:( It will pass i promise.

HHEY has anyone looked at their DLS? Mike says i weigh 230.. lol uc an see in my face im more then 230.. now im embarrassed of it though, like i got a fishing license she wrote 230!!! I WAS LIKE DUDE!

My DL is when I was 60 pounds thinner!!! Really long time ago........I keep getting it renewed I hate it when people have to look at me twice to make sure it is me!!! LOL