Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

candy, I'm glad to see you on more frequently, i'm sure you are doing well.

Heather welcome! Candra and Heather enjoy the orientation. As Nicole said it's a breeze. The interesting thing is that you will meet a lot of people and only a handful will follow through. I asked Liz how many people really go through with it and she said less than a third. We are part of the lucky third ;).

Well Good Afternoon Ladies !

I dont have alot of time but I just wanted to stop in and say I bit the bullet this morning and made the appointment for my "Refferal" .This Tuesday at 4:45 pm I will see my PCP ,and I will walk out with a refferal ...LOL !Or their dragging me out !

I had a heart to heart with my husband and he's on board for whatever I want to do .That in itself is a big deal to me ,but he says it's my body and if that's what it take's he's all for it !!!I just love that man =) .We sat down and went over the website info y'all had posted and will go over it again more in depth this weekend .

I was wondering if any of you would mind me showing him the "Support System" you all have made on here as I'm sure it's going to be a lifeline for me now .I think he may understand a little bit more ,not that he doesn't already .I know he could look at it anonamously but I'd rather you all know and have a say .Does that make sense ?

I can't tell you how glad I am to have found you all !I hope I can make you all as proud of me as I am by all your inspiring stories .If I had'nt of come here I'd still be wondering "What if ?" & "Should I do it?" now I am just doing it !Time for me to be MY priority for once ,and I'll tell ya what It feels DANG good !

My head is kinda spinning at the moment ...I was shaking just making the appointment ,is that normal ?I guess everyones "Normal" is different .

Heather ,Welcome to you ,you found a great place .I just got here 2 days ago as well !Stick around these Ladies are so AWESOME it's not even funny !Well nice to meet you =) .

AudsMom -Thanks ,the eating what u want till you no longer can seems to be the consensus around here so I'm taking the advice =) .

meandmyweightloss --I just made the appointment for a referal !I think I'm leaning towards the band .For many of the same reasons stated .I just think it'd be the better fit for me .It's the weigh in accountability with the band though that leans me in its direction ,well other then the whole "Re-model" of my insides as you say !!!

I wonder if theres anyway I could get lead put in the soles of my shoes prior to my orientation for the first weigh in ...LOL ?

Nope that is right, it is 6 weeks from the point of surgery...;)

Hey Christine....

I just saw you asked me when my fill was...I got an appt card for Friday June 12 in Richmond...isn't that kind of far out?

I think all our hubbies know about our group:) Plus we do lunch dates:D So yeah go ahead:D The referal btw is all via computer:) So after they make it no hassle for you:) You will double, triple etc check your decision even on surgery day. Ask christine every appt I left I double questioned it... it is by far normal:D

Well Good Afternoon Ladies !

I dont have alot of time but I just wanted to stop in and say I bit the bullet this morning and made the appointment for my "Refferal" .This Tuesday at 4:45 pm I will see my PCP ,and I will walk out with a refferal ...LOL !Or their dragging me out !

I had a heart to heart with my husband and he's on board for whatever I want to do .That in itself is a big deal to me ,but he says it's my body and if that's what it take's he's all for it !!!I just love that man =) .We sat down and went over the website info y'all had posted and will go over it again more in depth this weekend .

I was wondering if any of you would mind me showing him the "Support System" you all have made on here as I'm sure it's going to be a lifeline for me now .I think he may understand a little bit more ,not that he doesn't already .I know he could look at it anonamously but I'd rather you all know and have a say .Does that make sense ?

I can't tell you how glad I am to have found you all !I hope I can make you all as proud of me as I am by all your inspiring stories .If I had'nt of come here I'd still be wondering "What if ?" & "Should I do it?" now I am just doing it !Time for me to be MY priority for once ,and I'll tell ya what It feels DANG good !

My head is kinda spinning at the moment ...I was shaking just making the appointment ,is that normal ?I guess everyones "Normal" is different .

My referal btw was done all over the internet.. I never had to go in.... so if your appt is far out you can try emailing.. Just a thought:)

OH LADIES, i got stuck for the first time, GET THIS ON Egg salad!!! Horrible horrible horrible. I used to get to eat whatever i wanted as fast etc.. now im actually feeling some restriction BOY I HOPE IT LASTS!!!

I think all our hubbies know about our group:) Plus we do lunch dates:D So yeah go ahead:D The referal btw is all via computer:) So after they make it no hassle for you:) You will double, triple etc check your decision even on surgery day. Ask christine every appt I left I double questioned it... it is by far normal:D

I'm sure I'll be the same way .I have mulled this over for years in my head ,just never actually uttered a word publically till now .

I guess I just saw it as a cop out ,now I understand the Cop Out is acting as if I can do it on my own or ignoring that I am powerless without the proper tools and in my case that tool ,means the band !I'm taking control back and it feels good !

Honestly I thought I was alone ,nobody would understand ...I now know I was wrong .I got all excited about something else besides my Facebook account today ,the something else is here on this thread !I cant say it enough how much inspiration I've found here ;) .

I say show your husband the site..........we have nothing to hide!! LOL.

Nicole: I got stuck on a tiny piece of bread...........it hurt like crazy for a couple of hours. I could feel it going down.........ah I gave in and drank some Water but still didn't help!! So sorry but so glad you have restriction.

Candy: My first fill is May 28, 2009 6 weeks and 4 days out. I think it is about right!!

I used to think it was a cope out until I realized how hard it is to even get approved for surgery!! This is NOT the easy way out for sure. This is hard and takes alot of energy and commitment...............I was wrong to think that WLS was a cope out I realize that now.

I debated alot about getting surgery for over a year. I didn't ask for a referral until I was good and ready to go through with it............I am stubborn that way..........but this is the first time in years I have lost more than 25 pounds ................I like the structure and the guidelines and I am LOVING my band!!!

You have to stop smoking before surgery.............they are strick about that. They want you to be healthy all the way around.........and they will test your blood for nicotine before suregery.

You can do it though!! Just start working on it now!!

Candy: I sent you my phone number via message let me know if you got it!! :-)