Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Zoe, do not work on the 1200 cals right now, way bad choice:) Enjoy food, enjoy it for the last you can:) AND if you put on weight dont fret. IT will be easier to loose that weight after orientation. Wear shoes, jackets etc, dont take them off for that begining weight either:)

Also about fills, yes with the band you get fills, that is what makes the band work.:) Which is nice cause we can unfiller and then in 10 yrs have her refilled:) smart!!!:unsure:

Oh Nicole I don't want you to move but that's life I guess!!

So Dr. Baggs is ok with the excercise? I signed back up today for for the gym around the corner. I feel like I can at least fast walk now..............Would love to do weights again I have that all at home but I am afraid cause the port hurts and looks like it could open back up still. I think the weights might help so I won't get all the loose skin.

5.8 girl that is really good..........you should feel something now!! That is more than half full. Dr. Baggs told me that average was 3cc's so your band had a bit more...........will be interested to see what mine has!! Than another 1cc in 6 weeks...........so up to 6.8.......than .5 every month? six weeks? ...........wow that goes up fast.

So you feel the band again now? or just when they filled it up?

Funny about him saying it was prefectly placed!! I hope mine is too!! I can feel mine through my skin. My port is still swollen because when I stand sideways only that part of my stomach bulges............way out. WHen I touch it is squishy!!!

This group has been a lifesaver for me!! I need to go back to work I have been getting bored the last couple of days!! ;-)

You are not supposed to do regular exercise until 6 weeks. That is why i was scared to tell him. But he said im so close that its ok, but to try to keep it easy till my 6 week mark. But you have to remember something else, i have absolutely no port pain, or buldges etc.

What exercise are you currently doing. Something i dread about exercising is if we arent eating a lot of cals we still wont loose, so its a catch 22..

I dont feel the band right now i feel sick.. i had a sore throat last night and its still here.. I felt it when he played with it. i do notice i cant gulp Water right now but that could be the sick thing..

I would maybe walk, but not if there is any discomfort. He said if i feel exhaustion or any discomfort or any of that to stop. And no weights till 6 weeks.

Im so proud of all of us:D

Ok...so when I went for orientation our group got the first up dated binder...a few changes...apparently one is the amount of food...mine says 1/4 to 1/2 c......either way.....I've been eating or drinking if you will clear broth when I'm really feeling hungry and have just ate.....maybe I need to puree the cream Soups because my are very thin.......but I'm down 2 more pounds......that is 28 pds total!!!

Hey Zoe......I went through this process very fast, but my father had had gastric bypass 8yrs ago so I was no stranger. My personal opinion...I think Kaiser does a pretty good job of letting you know what its all about. After orientation I felt so much more informed, which help me make my decision. And I think it did alot of people, out of about 40 people in my orientation I only saw 1 through the whole process that wasw in my class. Its not for everyone!!!

I chose the band over gastric bypass for alot of reason...one its reversable...if there are problems you can take it out.....second I don't have ot have my insides rearranged.....also I know 2 people who had gastric bypass and both have gained alot of the weight back...although that can totally happen with band I think there is more of a responsiblity when you have to go in for your fills. It keps you on top of it!! But like anything else you can fall....I wont!!!! These girls wont...and you wont either if you decide to do this......we are stronger I think because we have each other!!!!!! I sound like Richard Simmons...god help me!!! :)

Hey candy how much did you weigh at surgery? So how much are you down since surgery?

I lost 11 really quick. But sadly nothing now for two weeks.

I don't know why but I heard 1/4 to 1/2 cup too..........I went to orientation in December of 2008. You know maybe Liz and Robin updated us at my pre op appointment about the change. I rotated between 1/4 and 1/2 depending on how hungry I was.

NICOLE: Hmmm.........you know I probably should not be at the gym yet. I am still sore but I am on a plateau and feel like a bit of exercise would fix that. I did eat closer to 900 calories today on purpose to see if that helps. I can't belive only two pounds in two weeks................and I am eating so little and so healthy!!

The up in cals will prob kick u off your plateu. I find when i exercise I dont loose. I love 14 lbs right off the bat in the first week. then have been fighting plateus, left and right.

candy just because you are 4 days out i would seriously try 1/3 because, here is the thing. We all stuck at 1/4 for a while. I just at 5 weeks started doing the 1/2 c. AND guess what they make you go back down to 1/4. I have pushed it back to 1/2 cause once ur pouch holds that much it cant survive off less. I remember when christine was telling me i was crazy cause i sat in 1/4 until i almost hit m ushies. So try some pureed Soups and 1/3 and see if it helps:D

Ah the exercise probably increases your muscle mass and muscle weighs more than fat..............so you get smaller but the scale stays the same.

Girl last time I saw you you were looking skinny!!

Thank you girl:) I think everyone was lookin good:D

I wish i could see what you saw though, for some reason i see a size 22 still..

I would hold off on any strenuous activity until you are no longer sore.. :) Walking is great:D

size 22 ...........ah nope!! LOL.

But I did notice Nicole that you wore your jacket most of the day until the very end. I wonder if that is because you still getting used to your new body. With it on you can't see the weight loose as much. When you took it off...........OMG I was shocked on small youv'e gotten!! Take your jacket off girl!!! Show off a little!!! I can't wait to get down 67 pounds............

I was 223 the day of surgery then that night after surgery I was 225.....now I'm 218..

Yah I really didn't want to go to 1/2 c yet, but we will see maybe I will start getting used to 1/4c!!!

Hey candy

You must be feeling a bit better!! Ah your doing great Candy!!

I didn't last on 1/4 the second week.......I did 1/3 for awhile. But I think I must be close to 1/2 now. I feel like I can eat anything.......but really if I eat more than a few bites of something I start to feel it..................But I sure can eat more now than in the beginning.

Candy when do you go back for a fill??

Oh i know the eat anything feeling..

I had a novel writen up and firefox crashed, my luck lately:(

candy i say do 1/3 it will probably help for sure!!:)

Tina ytou are so sweet!!! You look great too!!! I am always wearn a sweater cause I am always freezing:D Its really pathetic.

But i had a lot typed now i have no energy:( I will talk to you ladies tomorrow!!!

Nite!

Hello again Ladies!

My name is Heather. And I've thought about LAP for a few years. I've even been to 2 other orientations with different insurances each time. Now I'm with Kaiser and I have orientation on Tuesday, so Candra I'll see you there!

Good Luck ladies with orientation!! I had my orientation in December of 2008 and was banded three weeks ago!! Happy with my decision. Make sure to dress "heavy" for your first appointment as this is your starting weight.

Don't let Liz scare you off she really is not all that bad!!

Heather and Candra, good luck at orientation. It flys by:) Do not bring starbucks though:) Oh and don't chew gum. Or you will be having to spit it out and throw the rest away. Try just to bring Water. Otherwise you will most likely get pointed out...

I hope you get to meet Dr Baggs, ask him any questions in your mind, he is very honest and will tell you the answer straight up.

Dont let robin overwhelm you, atleast at ours she was VERY speeeeeeeedy. She is the nutritionist. Liz will seem hard.. and strict, which she is, but as long as you follow the rules, and loose the weight, she will be there for you and nice.

SOOOOOO Today for bfast i had one egg, a bite of turkey backon and a bite of toast!!! That is less then before i got my fill by prob 1./4 c of food. I hope the restriction stays. And I hope its not that i just feel like crud:)