Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

You chatty woman!

Well im in san jose.. yea mom is moving here so we are here seein the places, cant type much..

SO, tomorrow is fill day YAYA THANK GOD!

Tina my plateu ended when i ate mroe lol. Im not bein very strict.. and i uped the cals and off came thelbs.

oh i also stopped workingout, took like a week off.. worked out today for the first time in a while.

Ok ladiesi gotta head out im onthe mini and its a pain in my rear to type: so tlk to u tomorrow!!!

hgus

Today is the day Nicole. Let me know how it goes!!

candy I hope today is better for you!!

My surgeon was Dr.Baggs......he rocks!!

Ok...so today...wow...feeling pretty good...only woke once in the night and was able to go back to sleep......other than my tummy being bloated I can see my weight loss every where...thats exciting....

The spasm I'm pretty sure was from to much liquid...I had taken my 2 tsp of liquid med then sucked on a whole popsicle.....learned that lesson!!!!

THanks for all your posts everyone it helps so much!!

I am having a hard time with one thing.....food...I miss it...I've heard people talk about it but I never gave it much thought...I acctually cried last night when the 3rd comcercial for pizza came on during American Idiol!!! Really do they need that many food commercials? We get the point!!!!! But like my hubby said I can have it again just smaller portions!!! THats what I needed, help with smaller portions!!!!

Anyway, today is a good day!!!! I'm going to my sons pre school today, they are having the kids bring a nail polish in and there moms have to bring a tea cup.....I think they are serving us tea (good I can have that

!!!) and the kids are painting our fingers...cute huh? Good thing I have some light colors!!! :thumbsup:

Reggie...your so close....girl I am not going to sugar coated it, its tough....but I have a pretty good feeling we are tough group of women.....everyone is right each day gets better!!!!!!

Oh yah...also I'm on stage 2 foods.....trying to stay at 1/4 c but I'm feeling hungry a few minutes later....I'm scared to go to a 1/2 c already...what does everyone think?

Thanks candy, I know it's going to be tough. I was walking hours after my C-section and didn't feel much pain for too long, so I hope I can weather this process too. You are so funny about the food commercials, the interesting thing is that you see 3-4 commercials with food and then one for healthy living(exercise) comes on LOL. We (our society)are so engaged with food it's ridiculous. We are working past the all food mentality right ladies??? :-) . Needless to say I am struggling this week because its almost TOM and I don't have any wiggle room to cheat since my classes are next week and surgery a week from next Tuesday. I feel like I can eat a horse right now! HELP!!!!!

I hope all is well with everyone.

Oh yah...also I'm on stage 2 foods.....trying to stay at 1/4 c but I'm feeling hungry a few minutes later....I'm scared to go to a 1/2 c already...what does everyone think?

The binder says 1/4 - 1/3 cup so I would go to 1/3 cup. Sorry to tell you that you will feel hungry - that is what is called bandster hell. Have a sugar free popsicle. I ate kind of runny cream of wheat in stage 2 as it seemed to stick with me a little longer.

Go to 1/3 cup you will be fine, candy. I had to do that as well.

I know what your saying about the food commercials. That first week I was mad because I couldn't eat. I was mad at myself and the TV........I kept thinking if only you had controlled yourself you would not have needed this band.....I was just sorta mad about the whole thing and feeling sorry for myself I could not eat anymore. Thinking I didn't need to band than yes I do..............Again I didn't like the first week much..........you all know that!!

Now almost four weeks out I am fine again. Commercials don't bother me. I realize now that I am on mushies I can eat just not as much......still waiting for my salad though. And darn it I still would like a diet coke................but I feel more positive about the whole thing.

I go back to work on Monday and everyone Snacks and eats out. I am wondering how I will fit back it. It will be interesting to see. I haven't told anyone and so I just want to blend back in. I have lost 15 pounds since I was last at work so I figure that might be an issue but hey surgery is stressful right makes you lose weight!! LOL

I am stuck now at 217. But like Candy noticed my body is changing shape anyway. So I guess it is all good.

Sorry to say but I am getting smaller and smaller on top and not losing on my lower half..........but that is how I gained it bottom to top!! I hope I even out soon!!

Nicole tells us what it is like..............:-)

Edited by swrktp

Reggie I hear ya girl!! I was so nervous and busy at work before surgery I didn't eat much and lost 5 more pounds!!

But now after......that head hunger is a killer that has got to be the most frustrating part of all of this for me!! I think I need to eat when I am not even hungry than have to argue myself out of it!! Tires me out.............LOL!!

I know you can do this you are so, so close now!!!

Thanks Tina. OMG, I ate three pizzas for luch and strawberry icecream cake. I'm trying not to beat myself up but did is crazy. I have to stay under goal weight and I'm truly struggling.

Have you guys heard of Myocel Protein Powder? I was surfing the net and came across it, it appears some doctors had their patients go on 1-2 weeks liquid diet before surgery.

Good Evening Ladies !Thank you all for the warm welcome .Yes ,I am a Kaiser Member in NoCal .I am really trying to figure out if this is the right decision for me .I have always been the big girl ,which seriously I had no problem with .Now though at 335 I do have a problem .

I'm just wondering though If I ask my Dr for the refferal can she say no ?LOL ,that'd seriously suck if she did .Also ,I know there are risks ,but honestly other than being in pain and of course making it through the surgery itself ,what is the process ?

I gotta be honest the psych evauluation kinda freaks me out ?Is it just me ?Also the pre op testing like for apnea ?I know I can look all that up but I'd feel better if I could hear it from people who've actually been through it ,not just text online or in a book ?Ya know ?

Also ,exactly how do I edit my profile ?LOL ,I'm computer illiterate basically =) ,can't figure it out ?

Zoe good to see you back.

Regarding the referral from your doctor,1. your meet the weight criteria for the surgery.2. You are at risk for serious health issues. You have to decide if this is what you really want. I have brewed over this for the past 31/2 years and finally decided to do the lapband only because I know I need that assistance in controlling my poor eating habits. If you are confident that you can lose weight and keep it off then I won't suggest this. As most of us on here will tell we have all attempted the 20, 40 60 80lbs weight loss, however I can truly tell you that I have not been successful at keeping it off and I refuse to fool myself to think that I can do it all on my own. The band is a tool to help us reach our goals, we have other difficult tasks such as fighting our inner demons, ie.food , depression etc.

The Psych eval is a breeze they want to make sure that you are not adddicted to food, depressed or obsessed with food and or other behaviors that may prevent you from losing and maintaining your weight with LB or gastric Bypass. We all have some sort of stress and it doesn't necessarily mean that we are depressed (trust I've had my moments) So don't be scared. I had Dr.Schnurr, and she was super cool!

You go through sleep apnea if you have sleeping issues or snore. I don't have to have that test because the above items don't apply and Ladies please add on on or correct me if I am wrong about the apnea.

Clearly something has provoked your interest in bariatric surgery, so take your time and make your decision. We are here to support you. The good thing is that you go through this experience with people who have been there and done that.

What City do you live in?

Also ,exactly how do I edit my profile ?LOL ,I'm computer illiterate basically =) ,can't figure it out ?

scroll up to the top of the page and go under User CP. click on Edit your signature and it will give you a box that you can input your info. Save or submit when you are done.let me know if you still need assistance.

So this will be my second time typing this all out. I dont think i will type as much... I had a NOVEL!! Took me 20 min earlier lol.. then poof its gone! HOOOW irritating!

Ok,

so good and bad news,

Bad mom is moving to San Jose..

Good news I got my fill. The penole office is beautiful.

I weighed in at 201 which i was happy with considering they made me wear my sandals not flippie flops. Since i forgot sox.. no good!! But whatever.

Went to the room, and sat and waited... lol... hear LIZ... not her personally but her name there was a preop talking about her.. but all i could understand was Liz. OOOH and my appt was at 4:30!!! but i got there at 9:30!!! Lol dr baggs and i were confused, but hes all i wish i woulda got you in sooner.

Well, he asked how everything is going, he shook his head about how the pcp said to take metamucil, he said no to that. ALSO no to taking stool softners every day, he said they are not a good thing. Just benifiber.

Asked about my excersize food, yadda yadda. Told him i think my band isnt there and he laughed. I layed down and he found my port said it was perfectly placed (LOL OF COURSE HE PLACED IT) marked around it..

Then the nurse came in he numbed me.. that was the worst part.. pretty stinging.. worse then a bee sting, not tear jerking. Then the needle came, MY FEAR so i shut my eyeballs. I swear to god i didnt even feel it!! I could feel the liquid in the band.. bbut thats it. i told him it felt cool lol.. Then they ahd me drink Water and he asked "is it coming out your nose" and let me on my way:)

Very simple process.

I did write out more earlier but i feel like crap.. i caught a cold somehow:(

candy move up to 1/3 thats what i had to do. And try thicker liquids.. I got to the point i was pureeing chili for feeling full.. i just made sure to stay under yogurt consistency..