Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Yeah i think my body is in shock.. i havent been my weight since i was 12. I was always 230 and above for the last 10 yrs. Crazy i know:(

I just am looking forward to loosing again:)

I am always on a crazy sleep schedule, ask christine she knows:D lol..

Tonight i would be in bed sooner considering our lunch date, but i got stuck on "How to loose a guy in 10 days" freakin HILLARIOUS!

Nicole you are too funny!! I was also watching How to Lose a guy in 10 days..............

see you tomorrow I gotta get some sleep............

Yes, I will be at Mimi's today.

I'm excited to see you all tomorrow! Noon at Mimi's Cafe in Natomas, right?

So for the head count I think we'll have: Me, Reggie, candy, Nicole, Tina and maybe Pam? Am I missing anyone? I'll call in the morning and see if I can put us on a call ahead list for 6 so we won't have to wait very long when we got there.

I'm looking forward to it! I've got a sitter this time too so I can actually have a conversation with you girls...last time was a little tough with Sophie.

See ya tomorrow!

Yay Donna, you might be coming! I'll add you on the head count when I call, I thought you weren't going to be able to make it but I really hope you can!

It's really weird that I'm not having the "bandster hell" issues. I'm rarely hungry, I just know I need to eat 3 times a day, but I think the reason I'm not hungry is that I'm just so not interested in the foods that I'm allowed to eat right now. THAT'S my bandster hell, I suppose. I'm just glad I'm not hungry while only eating about 400-700 cals a day.

My PCP appt was one that I really looked forward to and I really enjoyed it. My doctor knows a lot about Lapband and has 6 or 7 Lapband patients currently that have just been banded within the last 6 months. She said everyone is doing fantastic and have had no complications and are really happy with their bands.

We got to talk about my goal weight (we had never addressed it before, it was too depressing for me!) and my thyroid issues and stuff. She is a really nice lady and has been my doctor for a long time and I just love her.

We're all doing so well and I'm so excited to see you all in person and see how awesome we're all doing!! See ya in a few hours!

OK you girls are all at Mimi's right now, I am with you in spirit! Order some Decaf black coffee for me, LOL . . .

I totally, totally hear what you are saying about it being too hard to eat healthy post-band because of all of the food restrictions. We are totally lost without our salads!!! That's a big reason why I started eating (modified) salads again - well, that and because it really helps with the whole "going #2" thing. So I added in shredded lettuce, shredded cabbage, and peeled sliced cucumbers when I was about 7 weeks out - they are not allowed until 12 weeks out! I am not eating raw broccoli or carrots or anything else real hard like that, but I MUST have my raw soft veggies in a salad! I have not been stuck ever on my modofied salad foods, but I have on meat (ham and chicken), sliced (and skinned to remove seeds) strawberry, and chopped boiled agg - all foods that ARE allowed. The one thing that is REALLY off limits that I CRAVE are dry roasted subflower kernels, I love to make little "pizzas" with a sliced cucumber disk & the sunflower seeds on top! Have never been stuck on those, either. My Kaiser RNY friends are eating this stuff, and not having problems, so why not me? I dunno. Not sure if I want to tell Robin about the sunflower seeds tho . . . . anyways, I am eating about 900 cals a day and getting 60-70 grams of Protein, so yay. Too much fat most days (over 30 grams is too much for me), but it helps me stay full. Also too much sodium, but BP has not been a problem since a week after surgery! And I am WAY low on carbs, I get about 50 grams on days that I eat a bunch of fruit, but only about 25 on days that I don't. No starchy white food! I avoided it on mushies, too. I hate carbs; they come back and bite me in the butt & just make me hungrier. Except fresh fruit eaten in the morning . . am I weird?

Hope you all had a fantastic meeting!!!

Riley

Ok Ladies how was lunch, I'm mad that i had to stay back for this crazy conference call. I hope you all had fun !

Yeah c'mon, already! We wanna hear :(

It was such a blast! I wish you girls could've been there. We were there for 2 hours I think, but our waitress was awesome and didn't make us feel rushed to get out of there.

I'm just home for a second changing my underwear, lol. They are SO FREAKING big and keep bunching up on me so I came home, threw them away, and changed into a smaller pair. NSV for me...yay!

Also, this afternoon the glue came off of my last 2 incisions (port and the one next to it!) I'm so glad, I don't feel like I have "wounds" anymore, just nice skinny fresh little scars.

Nicole, I'm also wearing the long brown dockers SIZE 18 thankyouverymuch! I can't believe they fit and they look so cute! I love that we're the same height cuz they're the perfect length.

My bff is here to pick me up to go shopping before girls night so I gotta jam, but it was great seeing you all today! Someone should post the pics...I think me and Nicole have them, mine are a bit blurry so Nicole if yours are better maybe you can post them. I'll check in tonight.

Bye y'all! :(

We had a blast will have to do it again next month.........

Nicole thanks for the clothes everything fits!! I guess I really am an 18 now..........probably still wear the 20's I can for awhile more than bag it all up and bring it next time we get together again or maybe at the next Kaiser meeting.

I would love to add salads but I just can't right now. It is still to early. Not sure I will make it to 12 weeks but I bet I get close..............that shredded lettuce thing is a great idea though. That should help with not getting stuck!! LIking that idea..........

Christine I so, so hear you on the underwear thing!! LOL. I went and got some smaller ones today!! Baggy underwear is quite uncomfortable.

Donna and candy so nice to meet you guys!!

Candy you will be in my thoughts and prayers on MOnday. I will be watching the clock like I did with Riley, Christine and Nicole. 8am-going into OR, 9-out of OR, 10:30-barium, 12 discharge and going home.................3pm home and resting!! LOL Let us know when you can how your doing!! So excited for you!! I will check the forum during the day to see how your doing!!

Reggie you were missed. Girl we have to meet in person sometime;-) I am anxious to meet you.

Momof3 so glad you were there today. It has been awhile since we have heard from you. Lets keep in touch more often.

So great to see everyone!! We get smaller and smaller every time we meet.............

Edited by swrktp

Christine aren't you in the 230's now?? You gotta change your ticker!! LOL

Oh my gosh....so much fun today!!! I really needed that!!!!

Missed you Riley and Reggie...but we will get together again soon I hope!!!

Tina it was so good to meet you today...you look soamazing and I ment to tell you your hair still TOTALLY CUTE!!! I don't know you very well (yet :( but it very flattering!!!

Donna I really enjoyed our chats and I'm so glad you finally got to meet my hubby!!!!

Oh and Nicole seriously......no really seriously.....YOU LOOK AMAZING!!! I emt you the first time a few days before your surgery....I could hardly recognize you!!!

I'm feeling so excited about monday now!!!! I know there will be some down hill moments but it really helps knowing that everyone goes through the same things!!!! IT sounds like Kaiser really tries to make you feel as comfortable as possible so I'm really looking forward to that!!!

Kaiser is great candy. You will be fine on MOnday!!

Take it easy next week and take some GasX with you to the hospital. I had mine in my purse and used it on the way home...............and enjoy your month off!! I have been off for three weeks now and have enjoyed every single minute of it!!

Thaniks for the compliment on my hair. My 14 year old daughter straightened and styled it for me today!! LOL. She wanted me to look "phat"............I would prefer not to look fat!! LOL. But I will have tell her I got a compliment. I decided when I got banded to grow my hair out and once I am under 200...............um, um soon I hope.........I want to get it highlight. A little motivator since I can't really buy alot of clothes the next few months...............LOL.

So where are you all chatting? Lap band chat or another place. I will have to join in!!

So after May we will have to transfer to post op and open a new chat room..........

Oh my i loved today!!!

So glad the clothes fit u ladies:) If you ever have a job interview or whatnot i still have some nice dresses, two for each size lol. Hard to part with those:(

I really Like mimis, the lady was very nice to us!!!

Christine it wasnt taken on my cam, i believe it was yours and donnas, but get this mine was in the car!!!:(

Im so proud of me today, i actually measured EVERYTHING! It was my first solid day of softs.. (yesterday kinda missed a meal:) We had Bombay chicken, brussle sprouts, and piece of roll for dinner. I must admit i went back for 2 more brussle sprouts.. WHICH i must add, I ALWAAAAYS hated them as a kid. Now they were actually good...

I stoped at the store tonight, got some crackers, tuna, btw there is a tuna lunch thing, that is smaller then the ball sized one, which is only 50 cals, for the tuna and crackers. I am very excited to try it!!! I also got some lunch meat. And higher quality bread. I figure i am gonna splurdge on what i buy since i will be eating soo little. Rather have a corner of a goooood piece of bread rather then a cheap.

I love our meet ups they make me feel so reenergized. I love seeing us all change!

Thank you candy, what is crazy (which i know u all know what i mean, or atleast did know what i mean) is i dont see it. Like i see the new sizes on my clothes s..etc.. but i still see the exact same body. Im excited for when my body changes... know what i mean??

Ok im going on and on lol so im going to get off here:)

Talk to you all soon!!! EVERYONE looks spectacular!!!

Tell her she did her job and u looked very "phat" but most of it was ur doing;)

I dont know where they chat, i know donna, christine and i are on YIM.. but i dont know where else.. maybe ill venture into the lbt room:)

Kaiser is great candy. You will be fine on MOnday!!

Take it easy next week and take some GasX with you to the hospital. I had mine in my purse and used it on the way home...............and enjoy your month off!! I have been off for three weeks now and have enjoyed every single minute of it!!

Thaniks for the compliment on my hair. My 14 year old daughter straightened and styled it for me today!! LOL. She wanted me to look "phat"............I would prefer not to look fat!! LOL. But I will have tell her I got a compliment. I decided when I got banded to grow my hair out and once I am under 200...............um, um soon I hope.........I want to get it highlight. A little motivator since I can't really buy alot of clothes the next few months...............LOL.

So where are you all chatting? Lap band chat or another place. I will have to join in!!

So after May we will have to transfer to post op and open a new chat room..........

Nicole you have changed for sure.............last time I saw you was in February and there is a HUGE difference!! 65 pounds is a HUGE accomplishment!!

Yea I like meeting with the group it makes me motivated to keep up with the program...........especially when I see everyone else doing well and or having the same struggles!!

Donna I gotta tell you it did me good to see you eating a salad!!! Ah I strive to be JUST LIKE YOU............:-)