Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Yea I agree with you Nicole. I would like to be able to eat less and have a bit more of an obvious restriction........

I can still feel my port no doubt there. But sometimes I feel the same as if I had no band.

Reading through all the post it seems this is what they call bandster hell.......the time between surgery and finding your sweet spot!! Until than I think our pre op motivation and experience has to kick in.

Oh Nicole do you realize you are more than halfway to your goal now?? OMG that is great!! 38 pounds is gonna be gone before you know it.

I have 19 more pounds to be at my halfway goal and in onederland!! LOL.

Thanks Candy! We will be praying for you. I'm sure the anxiety will set in for e sooner than later, however I'm confident that I will be fine and so will you.

Nicole is the less feeling of being full that bad? I wonder why they wait so long to give the fill, when they know that it may affect some people and their progress? That sucks!! lol. Well I suggest you do "see food" look with your eyes and walk the other way because remember why you got the band in the first place LOL. Best wishes.

Oh I am p-o'd today, back up to 212 because I can't freakin' walk with this blasted ankle injury! I got addicted to excercise, darn it . . . .

Tina, how I learned the hormone thing was from Dr. Woodbury, upo here in Santa Rosa, who comes and lectures at our big monthly support group meeting. Both RNY and the new AP Lap-Band - which they use at Kaiser - affect the production of Ghrelin, the hunger hormone, a bunch of other hormones too some that we don't even know about yet. RNY does this to a much greater extent than Lap-Band, but the new AP placement compresses the Vagus Nerve (as opposed to cutting it, which happens in RNY) to such an extent that these patients have less hunger & lose weight faster than did lap-banders of a few years ago. Google for Lap-band and Vegus nervse and ghrelin & you may fiund a bunch of stuff. Interesting!

Interesting stuff, Riley! I remember them talking about that at the wls support group at Kaiser a couple months ago.

Well, I'm back on a losing streak again! Yay! I've lost a couple lbs in the last 2 days, lets hope it keeps up long enough to get into the 230's in the next day or so. I'm thinking maybe I wasn't getting in enough Water the last few days...

Feeling much better today and I'm determined to make the rest of this week awesome! Tomorrow will be lots of fun too. :biggrin:

The scale moved today! Finally.. I've been stuck at 237 for what feels like forever, of course vacations and going up and down doesn't help.

I'm at 236.2 as of this morning, I'd like to be 230 for surgery. I'm ready.. lets do this lol

Interesting stuff Riley. I did find alot on the internet about it..............liking the AP band!! Really fascinated how this all works........

Been sleepy today. My BP is to low today...........funny because before surgery it was to high. I am stopping the BP meds but have to do it slowly. I think the meds are making my BP to low and that makes me sleepy!! A couple more days and I will be totally off all that!!

I'm excited to see you all tomorrow! Noon at Mimi's Cafe in Natomas, right?

So for the head count I think we'll have: Me, Reggie, candy, Nicole, Tina and maybe Pam? Am I missing anyone? I'll call in the morning and see if I can put us on a call ahead list for 6 so we won't have to wait very long when we got there.

I'm looking forward to it! I've got a sitter this time too so I can actually have a conversation with you girls...last time was a little tough with Sophie.

See ya tomorrow!

It will be fun for you to be able to talk without Sophie but she sure is a cutie and will be missed!!

See you all tomorrow.

Thanks! She sure is a cutie, but when she's around people she doesn't know she gets really shy and just wants to whisper to me and it's kinda tough to hold any other conversations, lol.

Christine, I would like to try, if that is ok? Would enjoy meeting Reggie and Tina, and SEEING the SKINNY women again! Need to pick up son early from school, and bring him home. So will do what I can, let me know!

(Christine u looked so good on Sat, and candy, are u sure u didnt do another surgery? hehehe)

Hello Beautiful ladies!!!

So, yeah not feeling restriction is tough, because dieting the way they want us to on softs is NOT like dieting preop. BUT you have the preop appetite.. Its more about measuring..

I had my post op pcp appt, it sucked. Think im ready to get a new pcp, closer to here, thinking roseville. WELL get this, iget there she says "noone has ever done this before" "what do i do" im like i dont know. I told her i never go number 2 and she said i dont know what to say, ask dr baggs. Then i asked for counceling since i want to be set up.. she said kaiser doesnt do that.. all around shittay appt.

Audrey (my baby) had her surgery today. All is well. She is recovering MUCH MUCH better then me. But woke up in hysteria lol.

I cant wait to see everyone tomorrow.

I am bringing 2 bags of clothes if u guys want them take what u want the rest Im gonna bring to the sac meeting:D

Hello all

Ok Nicole I get what your saying about the PCP. Mine didn't know why I was there!! LOL. I had to tell her that Dr. Baggs required a meeting with her within two weeks post op. She was really shocked that I was post op. We just talked about the bariatrics program and how fast I went through it. She had lots of questions for me actually about the program. I think she has referred other people since me............

She did talk to me about nutrition a bit but she obviously didn't know the rules I had to explain to her about being on liquids and mushies and than soft....................she was sorta in awe about the whole thing.

My PCP didn't want to refer me to bariatrics though. She wanted me to go on a weight loss prescription.........She was very happy about the BP being down and that I was done 35 pounds. But the bariatrics thing was all my idea. I really think she felt I was not gonna follow through with the program.

But I agree she didn't know what to do with me or the appointment really................I sorta directed her.

Hey Nicole...........you know what you are so, so right. This is not like following the pre op diet. This is like all the foods we are not suppose to eat before are ok now............Ok, this just hit me...........this is harder to stay on track than pre op. At least for me. Pre op I got...........this diet I am still playing around with it trying to figure out how to lose weight.............pre op I know what I had to do to lose.............

I figured the last couple of days I was only at 800 calories. I am eating less than I even though. Go figure I should be skin and bones by now...............

But anyway my shape is changing and the weight has gotta start falling off soon..............

Christine your metabolism has gotta be amazing to keep losing like you do!! Mine is in starvation mode I think!! But again pre op carbs had to be cut out to lose..........I have struggled with that on liquids and mushies........once I get back to "real food" I know how to lose the weight........and the band should make it that much faster

Tina

I agree, preop was much easier, 1200 cal diet and exercise we melted. Now its like 600 cals and exercise and we sit at the same weight for a week.

I cant wait to be out of the whole new bander thing and get fills, and getto use my band:D

Thankfully i keep leveling out and not gaining.. thats what matters i think..

Tina ur going tomorrow righ?

Nicole I will be there tomorrow.

I have been having trouble sleeping since surgery!! LOL.

Staying up late and sleeping in is getting to be a bad habit...........but at least my house is clean and the laundry is done.

I am now gaining either so I am happy with that. ANd I am down 10 since surgery. As long as I don't gain....I just don't think the way I am eating is really healthy......not like pre op. I felt like I was on a better diet before.................this is for healing not for weight loss I am trying to remember that..............but I have to find a way to get rid of the carbs again and get the energy for excercise................I have the Water down again!!

from what I have read this is totally normal. Bandster hell they call it..............

Nicole maybe since your down 65 pounds your body is fighting it more............I know I was at 226 until the last three years when I went up to 260............I was 226 for over 10 years............I think my body is fighting going lower because this might be a set point for me. I have to get over the plateau.......

see you tomorrow.........