Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

OMG that's so cool! Looks like we're only about 4 years apart so the love of 80's music makes sense, lol. Erasure is my all time fave, I've seen them in concert I think about 6 or 7 times and I've met Andy Bell twice! I've got a pic of me and him and my sister all linking arms, and I got his autograph signed on the song list that he had taped onto the stage in front of him during the concert so he'd know what song was next. I also have a half drank bottle of Water that he had on stage from one of the concerts!!! Pretty awesome!

I'm glad you liked the videos! Thanks for the compliments too, I'm finally able to see the difference in my face thanks to those videos. It's so hard to notice it when you see yourself every day. Clothes are tangible so you KNOW your body is changing, but you really have to see pics/video of your face to see anything different.

Dr. Baggs didn't tell you how much he put in at surgery? He told me he put in 3 ccs and that at my first fill if I've lost enough weight and he's got enough room around my stomach he'll put in 2cc's more...we'll see. You should email him and ask!

I've gone between 1/4, 1/3 and 1/2 cup for meals too depending on how hungry I was and how runny the food was. If I was having cream Soup that was runny I'd have up to 1/2 cup so I'd get more full, but with applesauce, pudding, and stuff like that I'd only need 1/4 or 1/3 to be "full". Just listen to your tummy and stop when you're not hungry anymore.

I'm SURE you'll be back under 220 soon, there's no way you're eating enough calories to gain 2 lbs...that's impossible! It's gotta be water retention I'm thinking...

I am gonna email Dr. Baggs today. I am guessing I got 3cc's as well than........what about you Nicole did you get 3cc's. Riley you?

maybe the liquids are just running through me and once I get to mushies and solids I will start to feel it more.

I didn't ask much I was just to sleepy that day!!

I saw Erasure once in Oakland back in 90 or 91. Long live the 80's!!

Reggie....When I went to my pre op appt the other day they had me bring my vitamins...I had gotten the Flinestones w/Iron....they are the wrong ones I hadto go get the Flinestones complete...as strange as it is the have more Iron in them then the ones that say Iron....Robin said it and I agree with the Vitamins it can be overwhleming there are so many choices, but stick with the Flinestones complete they dont taste bad and they everything you need...also I have the same calcium chews Christine has and Robin said those were perfect!!!

Thursday should be ok...I need to see if I can get a baby sitter.......Not sure where everynoe lives...but if we go somewhere in Natomas I can drop the kids off at kids park....they love it there.....and I know there is a Mimi's there......but I can always work something out...let me know

Oh and Rock on THe 80's........I think we are all about the same age.....my husband is 11 yrs older than me and played in some big haired bands in the 80's......he hates when I call them big hair bands!!! He, He

Tina, I know Nicole got 3cc's too, I think Riley got less...I can't remember.

Thursday the 30th would work fine for me, I need to find a sitter too. Natomas would be a great location since there's tons of stuff there (restaurants AND shopping) and Mimi's sounds yum!

YAY! I LOVE LOVE LOVE changing my ticker. Congratulations on melting away, isn't it fun? :thumbup:

Yay melting! It IS fun. I am not melting right now, but I will again soon . . .I hope!

I had 2 cc's in at surgery, and he gave me 1 cc @ my first fill. We didn't even talk about it, that's just what he gave me - I asked him afterwards how much it was, and how much I had in before. He said I may not get any restriction from that first fil (I have gotten a little), but for the next one, I have to not eat anything for 6 hours before my appointment because they have to be sure I can still swallow the Water. . . . so I guess they plan to really tighten it up then. I can still eat too much in my estimation, but I am losing 2 lbs. a week or better so it's all good. I stopped losing and started gaining before my first fill, I hope I don't do THAT again before every fill! :thumbup:

Riley

OK what did I get stuck on: Easter ham (first solid food after my fill, big mistake!), sliced strawberry, chicken, and chicken. The last one was a Hungry Girl chicken nugget, and FOR SURE the worst - on my knees, salivating in buckets - it was SO CLOSE to coming back up, but I refused to throw up cause I'm scared to death the band will slip or erode, and then they would take it from me! Every single time I have been stuck, it has been because I am chatting while I am eating and not paying attention. The stuff that tends to get stuck is also the stuff that keeps me full longest, so I'm still going to eat it - just S L O W L Y and carefully :-)

Edited by riley4183

Ok got an mail from Dr. Baggs. I have about 3ml in my band. He said that is what the is the usual at surgery.

He also told me to keep walking alot!! I thought that was funny because I told him now at 10 days out I was feeling and looking human again and he replied back that the more you walk the more human you will feel!! LOL.

He also told me that I will see him on May28 and to call the bariatrics office to confirm that. I will be going to the Pinole office now which is a few exits closer to Sacramento. I guess Dr. Baggs is moving over there for office appointments or something..........sorta confusing. Also they said that my appointment says 1:45 pm but they want me to come at 9am and ignore what the computer says. Something confusing going on with Dr Baggs new schedule and office.

Where and where are the rest of you meeting him? Pinole or RIchmond?

HEaded out to the mall to walk around it a couple of time. Yesterday was Walmart. Maybe this weekend I will be able to make it around my neighborhood.............

Happy Friday all!!

meanmyweightloss............who is your surgeon??

Ah two nights in my own bed and sleeping.......carefully, with a huge body pillow...........on my side. I am putting away all the blankets and pillows on my lazy boy chair. After 10 days sleeping on that chair I am so glad to be back in bed.

Feeling pretty good today!!! Everyday is better and better who would have thought that last week when I was hurting and so sleepy................what a world of difference a week makes.

Ok May 1, 2009 at Mimi's? Time? They have a great french onion Soup there.....................

Dr. Baggs visits in Pinole?? Gosh I hope he doesn;t have all of them there. That's uber-weird . . . and a lot farther for me! I wonder what is going on there? Maybe he lives out there & it's closer for him . . . or maybe they are opening a satellite office?? Boy it would be great if they opened one in north bay, maybe at their San Rafael office

I have had Liz tell me to ignore appointment times and to come at another time, and have done what she says & all is well . . . I think they just can't "force" the computer to give you the time that they want you to come in, or something.

I slept on my (right) side from the day of surgery. For some reason, all of my incisions are to the left of my midline, so I was able to sleep comfortably on my right side right away. Just lucky I guess! But I wonder why I'm so off-centered? Ha! Story of my life!!

Riley:wink2:

Yea I don't know but I do know that my next appoinmtment will be in Pinole off Pinale Valley Road.

So is uber weird still safe?? I know Richmond is an iffy neighborhood too, but I am used to it now. I don't want something worse although I might not have a choice now.

I asked the girls about why I am going to a different office and they said something about Dr Baggs having a new office but they weren't really clear. They said he scheduled a bunch of appointments at the new office and that he had messed up the computers or something and they were trying to sort it all out. They were a bit irratated about the whole thing.

But Dr. Baggs told me to contact them to confirm the appointment so I am sure he knows it is confusing.

Robin told me the appointment was cancelled last week. It is not on my kaiser appointment site............but they told me for sure to be in Pinole at 9am on the 28th.

As long as it is safe I can go to PInole. It is closer to Sacramento for me.

Ok, yep it is that time of the month so maybe that is part of the frustation with the scale!! Lets home it will start falling off me in a couple a week or so...............:-)

The Pinole location is RIGHT off the freeway, you can see it when driving on 80. I'd love to go to that location for visits, it's closer and in a much better neighborhood!

Thanks Me and My for the Vitamin advice. Men, ou ladies are putting the scale to shame losing like there's no tomorrow. Good job you all keep it up.