Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Christine I am gonna check out your youtube site......how fun.

Reggie......yea!! This is an easy appointment just don't go in talking about shortcuts or breaking rules. That gets Liz upset. She was really nice to me and I didn't mind the appointment at all. And............she will give you your surgery date!!

Ok so I am not the only one swollen. I know I have some fat on me but this is ridiculus. I am not this big...........I feel a little jellowy!!

I have a baby shower on Saturday for my cousin. I am not sure if I have the energy for both the shower and the group but I will see how I feel when it gets closer......

Last night I got to sleep in my own bed and on my side........ah first night of decent sleep. I am still sorta waking up slowly everyday not really totally up until about 11am. I am just so tired all the time..............nice to have an excuse to sleep in.

I went to get a body pillow today so that should make it easier to start sleeping on my side again!!

Nite ladies..........

LOL Chris I will pick some up as well. Thanks Tina! I plan on providing her with the model diet that I followed Lol. I will take all your advice and suggestions. Good night all

Edited by reggie71

Oh this weekend is my first family get together (babyshower) where there will be food, food and more food. I have thought about making an excuse not to go but it is sorta a big deal..............................

Most of the family there don't know about the lap band and the one that does is a doctor and his response to me was.............you know people eat around those all the time. He was obviously not impressed with the lap band. He said he had patients that had it and didn't maintain the weigh lose.. Thanks!!! %$@ My uncle tends to be negetive about everything though so trying not to let it bother me.

On the plus side I will have him check out my incisions and make sure it is ok. Still puss and red and hurts to touch. Will see my doctor on monday..........my mom is a nurse and she said I will be fine until MOnday but that they might need to clean it out so I don't scar. She said not to mess with it at all until the doctor looks at it and .........Christine your right...........I should NOT have a band aid on it!! LOL

So anyway..............this will be a crazy family weekend.

May 1st sounds great to me...........I am in!! I hope we can all make it!! I am excited to see everyone again!!

I think a place with Soup is the best bet for most of us.

I am on this soup kick lately ...........I wonder why??

I am tired of the yogurt and pudding. I like the Soups, teas, and warm things.............they make me fuller!!

So why does eating potato soup feel like cheating?? I have been eating it for a week now!! I made one pot and at 1/4 a cup at a time................well it takes awhile to get to the bottom of the pot!! LOL.

My grocery bill is gonna shrink for sure at this rate. It takes me forever to get the bottom of anything..........

Let me know when we have a time and place ladies!!

OMG I hear ya on the food savings! It's nice though, I'm not gonna complain and neither is my hubby.

I loved the potato Soup too! I even went and bought yummy clam chowder and then blended it so there weren't any chunks in it and it seemed so much better than plain old cream of chicken or cream of broccoli, etc...

I only had yogurt for Breakfast and only had pudding about 3 times. I liked the warmer stuff as well.

I've been really liking hot cocoa too. :rolleyes2: I use ff milk and it's only 100 cals for 8 oz and it keeps me full for a while, gives me some Protein and added Calcium and it feels like a TREAT! It's taken place of my Diet Coke that I used to have every day.

OK your all gonna kill me!

Can we PLEASE move our date to thursday the 30th??? My husband got an INTERVIEW!!! WOOOT WOOOT! On the first..

Let me know if thats ok:)

I will have to do my inches tomororw.. never thought of that. BUT, get this i was a 22 in nov.. i am now a comfy 12/14...

So since we have 2 mushie ladies, u two pick the restaurant.. :rolleyes2:

Oh yeah! Tina, i have a bday party on Sat.. the whole almost fam will be there.. Easter was easy everyone at Easter knew about my surgery.. NOW with this.. only 3 people know! Not even my dad! This shall be interesting. I am making deviled eggs tobring i think ill just eat a couple of the insides:D

Oh I hear that.........I have even been eating Soup for breakfast the last few days.

I am also doing the hot chocolate thing. I have the sugar free 100 calorie packages. And yep fills me right up. I used tea and hot chocolate the last four months on the pre op to fill me up so that is my way of keeping full when my calories for the day are close to gone...............something I learned at weight watchers.

I am still missing the diet coke. I know it is over but I still would like one................I am feeling weird at the mall today cause I want to stop and eat something or at least get a coke but I can't. I felt sorta confused and lost for a minute realizing that part of the mall is over for me. Hope that automatic eat mode shuts down here soon......... . .

I ate a crumb off my daughters bread roll yesterday......just a bit but it was down the hatch before I could think...........than I panicked.........but it was already gone............it hurt going down for about an hour...........I could feel it working it's way down......probably was stuck if I knew what that was........again totally automatic mode so I gotta watch that. I don't want the band to slip!!! scared me to death...........and it hurt!! It was a tiny piece to but I guess it swells...................NEVER doing that again!!

Oh an interview is a HUGE big deal!! Congrats Nicole!!

Yea lets change the date I am up for that if everyone else is.

Panera, claim jumper, fresh choice, Mimi's, marie calenders................well lots of places with Soup actually!! Even Togos has pretty decent soup.......

So I am up for anything with soup!!

Are you making your hot chocolate with the Water or milk? I'm using milk so i can get a few calories and also some Protein and Calcium.< /p>

The Diet Coke has been SO hard for me too, all my sisters and my mom drink it all the time. Tonight I picked up dinner at Taco Bell for Bri and Sophie and got him a soda and I wanted to take a sip SO bad!!! But I didn't. It's always been so automatic for me to drive thru once a day and get a soda and lots of times it was the thing I looked forward to most when out and about...I'll have to find something else to replace that, ideally something that's NOT food.< /p>

That's freaky about the bread! You and Nicole are brave with the bread. As much as I want some, I'm too freaked! I did find myself today ALMOST pop 2 cheezits into my mouth, I picked them up and almost put them in and then thought "OH WAIT! Crap! I can't eat this!" but they were in a baggie in the front of the car for Sophie's snack. We really have to pay attention to what we're doing now, don't we?

The bread was an accident for me. I was making bisquits for my daughter to go with the ............ah soup!! I just totally forgot what I was doing and when a piece broke off I ate it!!

It hurt so bad going down and I was afraid I had messed everything up and the band slipped.........but the next day I was ok again. Scared me really bad! No PB'ing so I had to just let it go down...........

Riley what did you get stuck on??

yea I got at least one diet coke a day and when I get in my car I sorta get this urge to get a coke.........LOL!! Sorta annoying actually.............I have to keep reminding myself I can't have one because every 15 mintues or so in the car I start to feel I need one and than...........oh yea again..............driving me crazy right now!!

Ok reading over posts..........

I started out wearing 22/24 sizes in tops and a tight 20 in bottoms. I was just about to concede and start buying 22 pants when I started this whole WLS thing in December.

Now I am wearing 18/20 in tops but still 20's on the bottom. The 20's are baggy but the 18s are a bit tight in the stomach area.......swollen still?..........so I can't comfortably switch yet. Truthfully after 35 pounds I would have thought I was be a size down easy........dirsouraging but that hasn't changed yet.

Last time I was a 14/16 I think I was between 180-200 so I have a ways to go. 12/14 for me was about 165=180. Below that...........I have no idea since I was a teenager last time I was around that weight.

From Weight Watcher I learned that every 12-15 pounds you lose should be another size down. So hello 35 pounds should be...................ah a couple sizes down!!

Nicole 12/141!! OMG you are shriking whether the scale says it or not. I would be estatic!!

I am going back on Clear Liquids for today!! I am 222 this morning up from 220. I think maybe the potato Soup has to many carbs.............not eating much else. Maybe I just need a jump start to start to lose again. Not sure I am getting enough Protein on this full liquid diet and to many carbs. Probably will try to add some protien powder to something today and get the protein back up.......

I am ok not losing but gaining I am not gonna do!! ;-)

Also gonna drink Water not crystal light today that has helped in the past.

This 6 weeks of no excercise is also not great can't wait to get back to that.

How is everyone else today...........

Christine your blog on youtube is great I watched it yesterday. Keep it up and hey I didn't know you were an 80's child.............me too. I grew up on Depche Mode and Erasure.............gotta be my favorite groups too!! Also the Cure and infomation society............OMG reading the blog over there I was laughing cause we have so much in common!! And your face is really slimming down in the videos..................................definetely keep them going they are GREAT!! I subscribied to your youtube site!!

Ok all I think I have like 0 restriction since I actually gained weight this week.........................I wonder what kind of a fill Dr. Baggs put in at surgery!! Going back to 1/4 cup today...........no more 1/2 although with the kind of low calorie diet I am not sure why it should make a huge difference.

looking for anything under 220 over the weekend.................:-)

Tina, if you were a tight 20 and now you're a loose 20 I'd count that as a size down! For me, I noticed about I lost about 15 lbs to be down the first size and 20 lbs for the other 2 sizes I've gotten down so far. I bet you'll start to notice it really quick now.

That's really weird and crappy that you're up 2 lbs! What's up with that? Maybe it is the potatoes...but don't do all liquids or you're gonna have NOTHING for energy. Maybe just have yogurt or applesauce or pudding today instead and drink lots of Water. It's probably just water retention. Are you supposed to start your period anytime soon?

I also can't wait to exercise again! I just wanna get on the recumbent bike or treadmill and go for an hour, but I know I shouldn't and I know it'll be uncomfortable and that I wouldn't have the energy for it either...so I'll wait. :thumbup:

I slept on my tummy last night for a little bit and it felt so good. I also laid on my port side and that felt fine, I'm so glad to have all my sleeping positions available to me again!