Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Glad to hear u are doing better!:smile:

I wouldnt take the benefiber yet.. Robin said not to take it until 2 weeks post op.

Let us know if it gets worse or changes:)

Have a good nite Tina

Oh the Water is going better too..........I am back to 40+ ounces but if I go to fast I feel a little pain and sorta feel the band...........trying to slow down.

I am so, so, so stuck at 220................I lost 8 pounds on the 10 days before surgery and than another 8 right after surgery...........I think my body might be done for awhile.

I am barely eating and before surgery I would be losing like crazy with my current diet. Instead I feel heavy and bloated still and can't get the scale to move..............

Frustrated but I think when it comes out it will do it in another 5-6 pound spree....................I hope!!

So glad I am not back to work.........so tired still and not ready. But great to be getting better at moving around.

I am getting hungry now between meals.................just a bit.

Oh good to know about the benefiber. I took one but won't do that again until next monday...........not sure it really helped anyway. Still hurts...........

I walked all over target today, up and down every eisle and it felt so good. Gonna try to get to the mall maybe tomorrow and get walking around. I think I have to walk the gas out ounce and for all........LOL

Tina--I was having awful gas pains still on Easter Sunday and that was the night that I bought the Gas-X strips that melt on your tongue. 15 minutes after taking it I had the hugest burp and I haven't had ANY gas ever since!!!

I'd definitely recommend getting those and taking them today. You can take them pretty often too. I wonder why someone mentioned Benefiber for gas...it's a Fiber supplement to help you poo easier...lol.

I'm glad the incision is looking okay, I was starting to really worry. Should you have a bandaid on the incision? It might be better to let it get some air so it'll form a nice good scab and not stay too moist. None of my mine have ever been covered with anything but the glue.

I'm still losing pretty steadily about 1/2- 1 lb a day and I'm 16 days out. I'm shocked, but super happy about that. I know the rapid weight loss won't last too long like RNY people but I'm gonna take what I can get! I got advanced to pureed food yesterday and even though it's gonna be some nasty crap to eat I know I'll have more energy since I'll have more options for getting Protein in.

Have a great day everyone!

Hi everyone, it sounds like you are all doing GREAT! That makes me so happy :-) Christine, you sound exactly like I did when I was where you are - I would wake up every morning and one of my first thoughts would be, oh yeah! I get to go weigh myself! And I would jump up, go tinkle & hop and the scale - and say "I love you" right out loud to the little dear! I only weigh every other day now - can't expect to love it EVERY day, but I do love it most weeks - and it moves slowly, but it does move. Better yet, so do the inches! I am down from 22/24 to 14/16, since November. WOW!

I am 2 months out now, all of the little bumps that were under the glue have gone away. Dr. Baggs had me rub some oil on them (I use a mix of Vitamin E and tea tree), massage them good and the bumps went right away in just a few days! I still have that piece of suture that sticks out of my port incision a little, and it gets looking kinda like a zit, but he says just keep trimming it with toenail scissors. Such highly technical stuff!

I love this band. It was EXACTLY the right solution for me. I just have to not expect it to do all the work, that's all. It's like having a little life coach that reminds me every time that I put something in my mouth to WATCH IT. Eat slow, chew a LOT, and stop as SOON as you think you MIGHT be done. I have forgotten 4 times and gotten stuck 4 times! Reliable little buddy, that's what my band is.

(Band) life is good!

Riley:thumbup:

Riley...thank you for your posts...everytime I see one from you saying how much you love it it makes me that much more comfortable about my decision!!!

Tina...dont trip about Liz, some people say she isn't very nice.....she may not be real personable, but as long as you answer her questions and tell her what she NEEDS to hear....I think she has a tough job...she has to weed out the people who are weak....oh and make sure your test is done...I saw what happened to another lady who didn't have hes done...not pretty!!!

Nicole....were you mentioning May 1st as a time for us to get together? If so I that would work for me...after 04/29 I am off till 06/01......Can't wait!!!!! No work.....

I love checking this site its soo uplifting! I am on a darn plateu.. who thought that could happen, when ur not eating:( Not i...

I just wanna be under 200:( thats all:(

Okso what is everyones vote, where should we go May1? Lookin for ideas:D

Dang it Nicole, that's SO frustrating! Do you know what I noticed, though? During the week(s) that my scale doesn't go down, my inches DO go down. A lot of other folks in my support group have found the same thing! It's like your body has to wait up and shift some stuff around . . you have lost so much so fast that it tries to hang on to Water, while it's doing that your fat cells are getting washed out, or SOMEthing . . but check it out! I can lose an inch during a week-long plateau. But darn it all, why does it have to happen just ounces from one-derland?!?!?! Arghh! I feel you frustration:mad2:

Me & My, thanks that was nice! I really, really am just so darned happy with my band. People ask me all the time if I'm going to have it removed - you know, when I'm done losing - and I say yeah, when I'm dead they can take it! No way buddy, I love this thing :-)

I hear ya all on the plateau...........me too. I think my body is in starvation mode since I am still on liquids. But same with me on inches lost.............I feel like I am losing by the feel of my clothes but the scale says no. So something is shifting around....................

Ok I have been burping all day today so maybe the end of the surgery gass is near. My stomach still looks swollen and bloated. But maybe that is just me!! LOL

Walked the mall today and I am exhausted so I am sure I will sleep tonight.

I'm still a little swollen too, Tina. I can tell because it's on the left side and not the right...I'm crooked!

May 1st sounds good to me to meet up, I put it on my calendar. I'll still be on mushies and so will Tina, so somewhere that has mashed potatoes or Soup would be great if we meet for lunch.

I'm having the weirdest thing the last few days where I'm NOT hungry at all. The only hunger I've had in all this was the first couple days on full liquids, but the last few days I have to make myself eat. I don't know if I'm just bored with the food or what, but I have no feelings of hunger AND I'm on my period! Usually I'd be foraging for food all day and night!!! I guess I shouldn't complain though, at least I'm not starving!

Hope you're all having a great day...I LOVE MY BAND TOO!

Don't know if you guys are into this, but I have a channel on Youtube documenting my Lapband journey. If you wanna check it out, my link is:

YouTube - swish's Channel

I'm not good at writing in journals, so I thought this would be the next best thing...and it'll also show the differences in my body during this time.

Thanks Nicole. Yes Chris I concur, I think I will have surgery in May. Liz called today to give me an appointment not knowing that Dr.Park already set one up. She wants me to bring my Vitamins. What vitamins do you guys recommend? I can't wait till Monday, I have to be super good over this weekend.

Did Liz give you an earlier appt or just leave it the same?

I asked Liz what Vitamins were the best to get and then just bought those. So I have Flinstones COMPLETE (they have Iron in them), and I bought Viactiv (in the purple box) for my Calcium. Viactive has milk chocolate and also caramel...I bought caramel and they're pretty good.

5 days til you get a surgery date! YAY!!!!!

She left it the same 10 a.m. I guess that's ok!

Cool I will pick up some Flinstones, Feel like a kid lol