Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

I know id probably be under 200 if my body knew how to do stuff properly!!!

Tina, sticking up needing ironing sounds familiar. Puss doesnt. So im glad ur getting that checked:D I think a lot of things ar enormal.. u know bleeding a ton.. to having puss.. :crying:

Mine are finally healed up yes:) Thank goodness, and i have no bump where the port is. I do still have glue on..

You are doing great! And u will love mushies:D I know i do lol.

Talk to u soon girle!

Tina, the incision that's next to my port is a little lump too but the nurse and Dr. Baggs said it's just from the glue and after the glue comes off it'll get flat. (They said it'll look like a little scar in about 2 months).

How do you know there's puss under the lump? Can you see it? Pus usually is not a good thing, right? I'm just glad you're going in tomorrow to get checked out. You'll feel better after you have it looked at I'm sure.

BTW--I asked Dr. Baggs if I could put a heating pad on my tummy and he said yes, BUT only for 1/2 an hour at a time and NO LONGER. Just an FYI that he gave me.

So, since you've had a bandage on there and have been showering is the bandage all wet?

Oh and yeah, Robin is calling me tomorrow and I'm sure she'll advance me to mushies. I'm excited cuz it means I'm just THAT much closer to being on soft foods in a couple weeks! I can't wait to be "normal" again! :crying:

Oh well I guess my heating pad is gonna have to be turned off tonight...........opps. I was sleeping with it to help the gas pains.

Yep I see the pus. My mom is also a nurse and she looked at it and can see pus as well. I will have them look tomorrow.

So glad to know they will go flat. The glue is have on and half off. The bandage is waterproof and I tried to get it off but it sorta glued on there.......some bleed around the edges but not much. I will just let the doctor check it out tomorrow. Probably time to let it breathe and now have it on anymore...............

Getting my Water but if I drink to much I get a terrible charlie horse on my left side...............hard to sip slowing. I am hoping I have not streched the pouch but no nasaeu so I guess I am doing ok.................so worreid about a slip or streching out the pouch.

I am very souped out!! Potatoe now broccoli for a few days............but I like the hot liquids so I am sticking with the Soup. Funny cause they said you might prefer hot or cold.........I really prefer the hot I get fuller that way. I also got tired of the Clear Liquids and the pudding just doesn't taste that good. I crave the hot Soups............

Mushies.............ah I have so many ideas on what to mush up..............I am hungry right now too!!

Hey ladies........I'm so glad to hear you are all doing so good with the band!!!! I'm so happy to see all these pounds being dropped!!!! Look out Charlies Angels here comes the Richmond band group!!!! :smile:

Nicole i'm so glad to see you on....I was wondering how you were doing!!!!!

12 days.......its so funny but everytime I start to get scared I read your comments on here or talk to Chritine or Donna and I feel so glad that I'm at this point.....

Today I day dreamed about all the things I want to do that my weight has been keeping me from!!!

I will be there on Sat.....and am totally down with the Wii fit donna...

Thank you guys for being so open about your journey!!! We all really should get together one afternoon or something!!!

Hey ladies, it's good to see that everyone is doing well. Tina I'm sorry to hear that you have pus comming fro the port. I'm sure it will be tken care of.

So I felt discouraged today when I found out that Sarah, Lz's scheduler was out until next week again. So I took it upo myself to email Dr Park and told her that I have reached goal and looking forward to the next phase. She responded with an appointment for me to see Liz on monday 4/27. So I need all you expertise and what I should be prepared for. I'm reallyexcited about this. Any advice will be welcome.

Wow Reggie, good for you! Being our own advocate is so important, I'm proud of you! There's really not much to prepare for this appt, just be under goal and make sure you have your test completed from your binder!

Is your weight current--305.6? You've got another week to get a little more of a buffer so you're not sweating it on the day of your appt, that'll be a relief! I was really close to goal weight too and was kinda nervous but everything was fine.

Thanks Chris.How are you dong? I am currently 303 and hope to be under 300 before I get there next week. Do I have to have the food ournal, because I haven't kept up with it.

303? You're doing great! You just might be under 300 in the next week or so, SO COOL! You dont' have to bring your journal, she'll just ask what kind of foods you've eaten and what exercise you've been doing. It's kindof a fun appt. :smile:

I'm doing GREAT!!! Feeling pretty normal, only have what feels like a tiny side ache now and again. It's so nice to feel like ME again! And every day the scale goes down just like magic. I LOVE it!

LOL @ scale going down like magic. That is great!!! I plan on staying away from carbs for a while untile hopefully surgery date. I hope it will be in May..

Tina, where the heck are you?! I'm starting to worry about that incision...I hope everything is okay and you didn't end up having to go to Richmond.

Please update us soon!

Tina i am getting worried about u!!!

Reggie u are doing AWESOME!!!

candy, you are soo close! How exciting!

You girls are awesome. when is the next banding date? Anyone wanna do the 1st of May?

candy is next! Less than 2 weeks...WOOHOO! It's gonna be so neat when we're all post-op. We'll have to start a Richmond thread on the post-op forum sometime in May or June!

Hello All

My PCP called and they cancelled the appointment today. The soonest she can see me is next MOnday. Probably better for the incisions.......but I wanted them to look at the incision.

Actually I am not so worried. It looks a little better today. I showed my mom who is a nurse and she said not to drive to Richmond to just watch it. Seems to me getting better.

I pulled off the bandage today........ah hurt.........I ended up pulling off some the glue and the scab........really hurt. I think I left it on to long and it was stuck to the glue........but besides a nasty yellow/green bruise it looks ok.

Today I felt less sore. Seems like everyday it gets less and less painful.

Still have that terrible gas pain today. I think I must have a huge bubble moving around in there. I just can't get rid of it. Moves around my left rib, the port and up the left side of my back.........I got the benefiber today someone on the post op board said that would help.

So tired of the gas pains............

Drove today but really getting in the out of the car hurts to much to make it worth the effort. Try again in a couple of days.....

Thanks all for the concern. I do think I am ok so far....watching it everyday. Cleaned it up and have a nice little bandaid on it now!!