Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Nicole did you make it to one-derland?!?! I want to Celebrate with you! Diet jellos all around!!!

Wow Nicole checked out your blog and your looking phenomonal!! OMG Girl you have lost so much weight!! It totally shows you look gorgeous!! I am so impressed.

I gotta get a blog going soon. Trying to figure it out. But like you I have very few pictures of before since I just didn't take any. What I have my sister took and gave me from last summer when I was at 260 or so...........OMG terrible pictures but a starting point. I am gonna try to do the updates every couple of weeks. Loving your blog and your brave doing it with a little one............that would have wore me out!!

So impressed Nicole!!

Edited by swrktp

OK guys here is the reason I had such a hard time in recovery. Turns out I am allergic to something called NSAIDS and when you have a reaction it makes it hard to breate or as they call it "shortness of breathe" Ah let me put it this way I ciouldn't catch my breate at all ........... So something they gave me in surgery I was allergic to and that is why recover was so hard.

NSAIDS are things like ibuprofin, aspirin and anything anti inflamatory. I had no idea at all but do know that I stay away from aspirin since it makes me dizzy and have for year...........

Anyway I saw it on my Kaiser chart tonight. I emailed Dr. Baggs to try to find out exactly what happened and what I need to avoid in the future.

So that is what they were trying to tell me on discharge that I just couldn't hear since I was so sleepy.............

So my experience was different for a good reason!! Just glad it is over it was not fun in the recovery room for awhile there!! :-)

On of my incisions is a bit red and swollen. Looks like a little pus but is is being held together with the glue. So nothing draining but still looks concering....................Robin called last week and I am going in to see my PCP on Tuesday for a check up.

Well that is my update.............

Holy crap Riley! You're freaking melting!!! I guess that fill did the trick to get you back up to speed. That's incredible, you're down almost 30 lbs in 2 months! I hope my weight loss is that quick. :rolleyes:

I had my 2 week appt today and everything went great. I'm down 12.5 lbs since surgery and my blood pressure was only 110/67, lower than my doc has EVER seen in my chart! I was glad about that. My incisions are healing great and she said I had good color in my cheeks for being only 2 weeks out.

We talked about weight loss goals and she said she's love to see me at 210 for my first goal, only 35 lbs away. Then for my ultimate goal she said she's be happy with me anywhere from 155-175. She has me, my mom, and my 4 sisters for her patients so she knows our bodies and said that since we all weigh more than we look (3 of my sisters are 160, 170 and 200 but wear 8, 10 and 12's, they look smaller than they weigh) that she thinks I'll look great at that range and that 144 (my BMI target weight) I would look too skinny...imagine that!?!?!

So, that's good news to me, just means I don't have to lose as much but will still look awesome. So, my original ticker will stay the same with a goal of 175. Then when I get there I'll probably change it to 155 and try to get down to that...we'll see. I can't even imagine being under 200 right now!

Anyway, that was my day. I'm feeling great, my only "pain" just feels how a sideache feels but in the front left part of my stomach (under my left boob). I haven't had to take Tylenol for 3 days now, I think I'm done with it.

OH! ALSO--totally girly TMI, but I started my period yesterday at 32 days (I've ALWAYS been a 32 day girl before gaining weight) and that's the first time I've been on time in YEARS. Every month since starting to lose weight in November my periods have gotten closer together--50 days, 45, 40, 36, and NOW I'm getting back to normal! I've never been so excited to start a period, lol.

Have a great day everyone!

Crazy news about your surgery Tina, no wonder you had such a hard time! I hope everything is okay with your incisions, keep us posted tomorrow after you get them looked at.

You're doing great! How are you feeling today? My one week was the first day that I felt semi-normal and was a HUGE turning point for me. I just felt better and better every day after that!

Oh feeling almost normal today.............Still home hanging out and relaxing. I went shopping yesterday with my daughter and had to leave early as I suddenly was overtired and felt weak..........but no permenent damage!! Just tried to do to much.....

The last few days I am so glad I have the band. I can tell it is working and I am full with the 1/4 cup thing........weird!! ALso can fill the Water sorta trickle slowly down......again weird.

I am wondering if I made my doctors appointment to early? Is is suppose to be 2 weeks out or within two weeks..............hmm...........I just wanted to get it out of the way and see if I can get off my BP medications. Than of course this one incision is messed up so I want her to check it out...........the rest are all fine..........The port still has a bandage and is sore............I guess they will take it off tomorrow and check it out........I am not sure I want to see that one!! I heard it is bigger than the rest of them.

Dr. Baggs emailed me today and said with incisions he really has to see them to know how bad it is. I don't want to drive over there but will if my doctor says I need to..............

Christine...........I loved your before and after photos. REally a huge difference and I bet your feeling it.

My first goal is 199............I so want to be under 200!! I still have about 20 pounds to go. I lost 10 quickly but stuck at 220 for a few days..............I mean I am barely eating............so I had hoped!!! Ah well I am still bloated and have daily gas so maybe when that is all out of my system.

I am LOVING my band, no regrets!!

Hello Monday Ladies!

Don't wanna bug anybody, but just a friendly reminder about the Sac Support Group THIS Saturday, 11:00 - 1:00 at Kaiser Point West.

Also, we are going to try and set up the Wii Fit, is there anyone who is brave to demonstrate with me? We are gonna have a blast! There will ALSO be a clothing exchange!!!

Christine...you go girl! Incredible NSV's! Your blood pressure, going down, and body regulating! Those are the best measures ... getting back to your healthy body! Onderland, here Christine comes! We WILL celebrate!

Hope to see you ladies there on Sat, and get to meet some new friends! Have a great week!

P.S. My fill is realllllly working!

Donna:redface:

Donna I might be there. Depends on how I am feeling. From what I hear it gets better everyday from the one week mark............................

Goodness knows I have some clothing that doesn't fit me. Too big..............feels good to say that!! anyone wear a 22/24 now? I am moving down to 18/20..........would love to do some trading.

Can't say I will try the WII, can't imange how that would feel on the good ole incisions................LOL.

Hi Tina! Hope you can make it, would enjoy meeting you, and congrats on your recovery, still going strong! I have been following your posts, and what a trooper u are! I enjoy the Richmond team, quite the support for one another! I can see it now, Sac Bee will have to do a story on the group!!!

It will be fun on Saturday and we can Celebrate our being losers! LOL

I'll totally be there on Saturday and am really looking forward to it! Tina I hope you can come too, I'm dying to see you!

I lost 8 lbs from surgery Monday to last Monday (1 week) and the weight loss has slowed down some since then and I lost 4.5 last week, still not too shabby!

It's weird though, I thought I'd keep losing at a pretty pace for the first few weeks since we're barely eating any calories, but I guess our bodies can also go into a defense or hibernation mode when it thinks we're not going to nourish it. I've read so many posts on this board where people lose NOTHING or even gain in the first month before getting a fill, so I'm gonna be happy with ANY loss! Also, I just started my period yesterday so maybe I'll drop a little bit more after that's done and I'm not retaining any Water.

Tina, it's funny you mentioned feeling the Water trickle past the band...I feel it too! It's the weirdest thing and the only time I ever "feel" my band. I LOVE my band too! How are you doing getting all your water in for the day? I'm doing pretty good and am consistently getting about 50-70 oz but MAN!!! I'm LITERALLY drinking all day long unless it's time to eat and then of course I don't, but...It's kinda tough when you can't just chug a 16.9 oz bottle in a minute or two! LOL

Hope to see you all on Saturday!

Tina, I didn't have any bandages covering my incisions, just glue on all 5 of them! Why did they cover yours up? It doesn't look bad, just longer than the rest...I hope everything is okay with it tomorrow.

You might want to make another appt with your PCP for 2-3 weeks out like Liz told us to do. It's a long enough wait for them to see the incisions and make sure they're healing well and to check on your weight and blood pressure.

HI MY BEAUTIFUL BANDSTER AND TO BE BANDED BUDDIES!!!

Ok so i know ive been gone.. sorry:( Got addicted to a computer game, and then, went on vacation.

Thanks Tina And riley for your compliments:) Love hearing people say they see the difference a lot i still dont, im sure everyone can relate:)

Tina! Girl im soo worried about u! Red, Puss, oh no! Fever??? Bandage why is there a bandage??? so confused. I hope its nothing.. :( You are doing great!

Riley! You are melting again! Dang i wish my fill was still in 3 weeks:( You are doin great girl!

Christine, well we talk on IM, but ill say it here too, you go girl;)

Ok update on me..

We went to SF for the weekend, well San Rafael to be more exact, I LOVE THE PLACE!!! Had seafood, did really good at not eating much lol. I am not as lucky as u ladies to feel it.. Infact i was questioning if i had one lol.. well i could feel it when i was satisfied after very tiny bit of food! And able to stop!!!! When i was a normal belly i could eat and eat and eat and eat and eat.................... Now i eat my tiny amnt, and here is the awesome part.. food tastes as good when u finish as when u started!!! Seriously i told my hubby hes all, oh it doesnt get that bla taste? I said NOPE:) dont eat enough to get to that lol

Had my share of seafood this weekend, did get some very rude actions and comments from a waitress cause i didnt eat much or order much (bill still totaled 50) but i wrote her a tip saying dont judge i can only have up to 1/3 c of food at meal times..

what else, well tmi but im soo backed up that my tummy is harder then it was after surgery:( I was fine after surgery now im about 2 weeks without.. Yeah i took a ton of benefiber today.. lets see if that works otherwise i get to do something i dont even want to mention...:biggrin::crying::eek::biggrin::biggrin:

I will not be making it sat:( i have to do my nieces bday party.. bla i know:( We need to plan our get together!!!

Ok yea why do I have a bandage?? I thought everyone had one over the port? Ok here is the deal I am gonna have to look now............as in right now!! LOL

Dr. Baggs told me I had a scratch there and I figured it was from my kittens. He said to use antibiotic if it bothered me once the bandage was off. That was the only one with a bandage. I just figured...............

Anyway the glue is starting to come off a bit more every day now. A couple of the incisions have none but they are almost totally healed anyway.

The messed up incision.......it looks like it is wrinkled and sticking up. LIke it needs a good Iron taken to it. There is a lump under it and a pocket of pus. I have had the heating pad on my stomach at night so it is drying up now. I am not too worried but it looks bad and looks like it will scare. One other one is a bit red but no pus........No fever and not draining or bad smell so I think it is ok. My guess is the doctore will probably clean it up tomorrow and it will be fine.

Nicole how is yours? Did it finally heal up? Scar? Did you have to go to Richmond?

Talked to Dr. Baggs and he said it is fairly normal. My body is just reacting to the durmabond and rejecting it. He said he is not to concerned.........no fever, draining, bad smell..........but he said I could make and appointment and he would check it out. I just don't want to do that............I told him I would have someone check it out in SAcramento than I will decide if I am coming over.................

looks like the scar is opening up not healing shut though....

I will try to be there Saturday sure would be fun to see everyone and meet the new faces on this board!!

Nicole missed you on the boards.............glad you had fun this weekend!!

Nicole, Nicole, Nicole..............you are so CLOSE to being under 200!!!!!!! Ah I can't wait to get there............

Christine you switching to purees this week? I think I get to switch on April 28 .....................I figure your a week ahead of me.