Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Yeah scale is going down again!!

It took me an freaking HOUR to eat my lunch yesterday because all I brought was the ham and it had gotten stuck the day before - not too smart on my part, but I had already packed my lunch for next day when I got stuck . . anyways I chewed AND chewed AND chewed, it took that full hour to eat 1 slice of ham! This is like Easter ham slice, not lunchmeat, so 1/4 inch thick or so, and D-R-Y. I know you are not supposed to eat for an hour , but what am I gonna do??

I have discovered that I DO get full again, but it is different that right after surgery . . I feel it further up, and it takes me about 1/2 hour to feel it - not a few minutes like before. VERY weird. Also I am feeling a little tight once in a while in the mornings, which makes me want just black (decaf) coffee which is fine, today I also want strawberries - nice and moist - but I could NOT eat ham right now.

So happy to see your posts Tina - happy band-day to you! Bad time for your internet to be down!

Nicole, I practically lived on pureed chili when I was on full liquids, found out later from Robin that Beans are not allowed until Stage 5 - same as salad! Oh well, I was fine.

Happy Tuesday all!

Riley

I agree! I was of the notion that I could puree ANYthing - and I did! She said no to chili though, said that Beans don't come back for quite a while. Skins? Fiber? Too gassy? (I did notice that part) I dunno, but I ate it and it worked great for me. I'm eating shredded (raw) cabbage too, and it's been fine. And strawberries, blueberries, blackberries . . . all Stage 5 foods. I don't get advanced to Stage 5 until I meet with Robin right before my next fill, May 22, which is almost exactly 3 full months out.

This bean conversation is cracking me up because ALL I've been craving is BEANS!!! I don't know, maybe my body is just dying for fiber and Protein but I finally broke down last night and got pintos and cheese from TB but with NO CHEESE--only Beans and a little of the red sauce. OMG OMG OMG it was the best thing ever. Those beans are runnier than my cream of wheat and I didn't eat any of the specks of beans (there are no whole beans in them). I used the back of the spoon and just kind of dipped it in and licked the back of it where no specks of beans would stick to it...trying to keep to the rules of FULL LIQUIDS with no chunks. I felt so full all evening, only even ate about 1/3 of it (less than 1/4 cup) but I did feel a little bit gassy last night so right before bed I took a Gas-X strip...Riley, did you use those?

I emailed Dr. Baggs yesterday and asked him about stool softeners and he said that if I'm still having a Constipation problem I can swallow those and just buy over the counter instead of that nasty booty suppository I had to use on Sunday. :)

He also said that if I get heartburn I can have Pepcid chewable for relief. I was glad to hear that, Donna told me that the SSF patients are TOLD to take a Pepcid PILL twice a day for 3 MONTHS to prevent heartburn but Richmond doesn't even MENTION it!!! Pisses me off...

That sucks about not being able to have Beans til Stage 5! I was SO excited about being able to have them next week in mushies, everyone talks about how yummy refried beans with melted cheese and taco sauce is on Lapbandtalk during THEIR mushy stage. Kaiser Richmond is just SO conservative, it kinda makes me nuts!

Good morning Christine! How are you feeling hunny?

The TB pintos 'n cheese totally worked for me too, and I got the cheese - YUM - and it filled me up! At least 2 of the speakers that we had at our 14-week class raved about them, too, as one of the first things that they could eat "out" that agreed with them, even though it did not mesh with the "rules." Interesting!

OK, have to go work now - yuck, but I got bills . . have a great day ladies :)

I'm feeling REALLY good, yesterday was my best day ever! I feel 90% back to normal so that kinda made me do more than normal and I think I might have over done it a bit cuz I'm kinda sore today. I just took some tylenol and am feeling better, I just feel like I got punched on the left side of my tummy.

I'm gonna take it easier today, I want to keep feeling better and not go backwards! I'm taking Sophie to her gymnastics class today and then going to hang out at my best friend's house and let our girls play, should be pretty relaxed and I know she won't let me over do it!

One week was the MAJOR turning point for me! Sunday night I cried and felt horrible and Monday morning I felt almost normal...crazy how fast our bodies can heal!

Pintos & cheese came while I was still on full liquids, so . . . . sometime around 2 weeks out?

I'll be on mushies at 2 weeks 1 day, so I'm finishing up fulls between now and next Sunday, thank goodness! So sometime between MY now and next Monday is where you were having it. Maybe I'm not so naughty after all, I'll stop feeling guilty about last night now. :)

MomCof3, are you still around? We're all getting post-band around here and need your expertise! What is Kaiser Richmond's approach to fills? Do they do just .5 at a time, or?? Is there some point at which you can just call for a fill, or do you always have to have 6 weeks between? Whatif youneed an unfill? Do you think it's the same for all of the surgeons? If not I'd still like to know what Dr, Im does . . . .and HOW ARE YOU??

Riley

Hey everyone!!!!

YAH HOO Tina.......I was so happy to see you on here!!!!! :lol:

I'm good today.......Hope everyone is doing great!!! I did start my period today so that sucks...I have my pre op appt on Thurs and I was hopingto be down from my last appt but might be the same!! :) Oh well what can you do!!!!

I survived!! Really tired and sore...........but doing ok!! My Internet is down.

Congratulations Tina!! How are you feeling?

Nicole and Chris how are you all doing? How do feel and are you still full :)? I'm going to weigh in hopefully make goal weight for CM appointment. my scale read 304.6 so keep your fingers crossed for me!Good to see you all chatting away.

Hey girl! Got your text tonight...I'm doing so good! Yesterday was one week post-op and I felt about 90%...today about 95%! I just have a little soreness on the left side of my tummy like I got punched in the gut. I'm SO sick of laying on my back to sleep (I'm a side sleeper) but I'm still a little sore to lay on my side. I've tried...it'll happen soon and then I'll get much better sleep.

My energy is so much better in the last few days, I think my body is getting used to having only about 200-300 cals a day for now. I'm still totally full on 1/4-1/3 cup per meal. I have about 2 meals that are 1/4 and then one meal that's about 1/3. I'm afraid to take it up to 1/2 cup because I want to get full on the LEAST amount as possible for as long as possible.

REGGIE! Call me asap when you get weighed and are at goal. I'm dying to know when your cm appt will be! I hope hope hope you're there. Are you gonna go weigh in tomorrow? Just wear the lightest thing possible and take socks with you so you don't have to weigh in shoes! My best tips for ya.

Call me! :)