Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

That's a bummer Riley, but I'm glad that you cleared the ham quickly and it didn't last for hours. I've read in lots of other threads that pork/ham is one of the hardest meats to get down so don't feel too bad.

Also, even though you may have eaten more than a cup of food you didn't many calories AT ALL. A 3 oz slice of ham is only 140 calories and 10 pieces of asparagus is only about 35 calories! That was an Easter dinner that was only 175 calories! Asparagus is another thing that listed as a really difficult thing to get down and that usually we can only eat the tips, so you did good only getting a tiny bit stuck once! LOL

So Riley have you told robbin you are back to eating salads??? Is she ok with it??? I think you were lucky, i am two weeks out tomorrow, and I am soo not full all the time. I have added pureed chilli to my diet.. and last night had that inside of the enchilada.. those have kept me full. But even then I am having to learn my new full...

Tina i am thinking about you! I bet you are in surgery right this moment...:smile:

candy, dont worry about it.. i am learning these holidays are gonna be hard for a while. I think it will be easier once we have a sweet spot.. :blush:

Love ya girls!!!

Good morning Nicole;

I don't know if I should tell Robin or not. For my second fill, I have to meet with her first and the amount that I get for my fill depends in part on what she says. I mean I don't want to get yelled at or anything, but I also think I'm only hurting myself if I am not totally honest!

I just got a little stuck on a sliced strawberry. I am not supposed to be eating those yet either unless I "peel" them so there are no seeds - c'mon! I sliced them up good . . . So I don't know if the salad thing is going to work or not now, seeing that I have gotten stuck 2x in 1 day since I got the fill! I was eating salads (lettuce only) with no problems before the fill, but maybe not so much now . .

Boy, I can really see how folks end up drinking their calories. . I am hungry, but everything that I brought to eat today (strawberries, ham and asparagus) has a good chance of getting stuck! It makes me want to go have a Protein Shake - or some chocolate pudding, SOMEthing that will go down without getting caught. I am going to have to go home at lunch and get my leftover hot n sour Soup. Maybe I need to go back to puree for a while . . . . .

Riley

Oh my God Nicole, you are almost in one-derland!!!!! We should have a (diet jello) party!!!

Hi Riley! Do you have YIM???

Stuck on a strawberry wow! Well till the swelling goes down why dont you go back to mushies for a day or two?? I wouldn't do the shake, don't want to start a new habbit:)

Oh gosh no, no YIM - I'm at work in a governmental office! Just posting on my little break . . . OK no shake, I am having some sugar-free soy milk and will wait until lunch :-)

What's YIM?

Ok...so today much better!!!!!

Hey Donna...I was thinking about you today how are you???? How is the fill!!!??

Ok..so Tina is done...so now it's just me......

Christine I left you a message today...how are you...it sounds like you get better still, huh?

So i told my work today I will be gone for a month....it went pretty smooth...I did some what tell my HR person what it was for...I didn't come out and say it, but you know he's not dumb!! But he is held by his position to keep it confidential!! So everyone thinks I'm having hernia surgery.....hernia surgery that's going to make me health and thin!!! :(

3 weeks from today and counting

Candi woman! We looking for you! Guess where...on YIM...hehe it is Yahoo Instant Messenger, we saw you but and tried to chat but no go. You may have to download it.

We are still chatting now, at 8:10.

Tina? How did it go, waiting to here how you are feeling?

If any of u lovely ladies are around, msg us (Christine - Swish) or myself, so we can... get together...yea, yea, yea!

I survived!! Really tired and sore...........but doing ok!! My Internet is down.

YAY!!!! I'm so glad it all went well. We're all so excited to hear all about it when you're feeling up to it! Rest up and feel better soon. I'm a week out today and feel about 90% normal! It WILL get better.

Hi Tina,

So thankful you are well, and getting the msg to us w/o internet! A determined woman, alright!

Rest well tonite!

Look forward to meeting you...Donna

My phone still has Internet access but one finger texting........LOL. I had problem with waking up from anesthesia not sure the details .......but baggs mention they scared me and he was sorry. I got Icy and loved her!!! The anestesiogist also said sorry.......???? Not sure except couldn't breathe with the mask and wanted off!!! Who knows what I did!!

Oh my gosh tina i wonder what happened! You will have to email him and ask. I am so glad you are ok!!!

You have soo many of us to talk to thru this:) Lucky you!!! :(

I am 2 weeks post op tomorrow and 99% normal:)

candy you and reggie are to go!:o YAY! Then we move to post op threads:D

How exciting!