Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!! As of today I weigh 249.4!!! I haven't weighed under 250 in YEARS. My total loss since surgery is 8 lbs in 6 days and since 12/1 I've lost 48 lbs!!!

I'm so excited. It makes all this pain and frustration worth it! My next big goal is to have lost 50 lbs...at this rate I could be there by Tuesday! LOL.

Beware of Constipation, pre-op girls. It SUCKS. I think it's finally gonna happen for me today but it's hard work because your tummy is sore and you don't want to work too hard, if you know what I mean...

That is GREAT news. I was the same about getting into th2 220's.......ok yes I am 229.........but it has been years since I was in the 220's. My next goal is below 200 and I think give it another 4-6 weeks and I will be there as well!!! I hope this week give me a push in that direction..........

Feeling more excited than nervous today. I am sure this afternoon they might kick in. Right now I am so busy getting my daughter taxied around than doing SDI paperwork later today...........Time is going a bit to fast right now.

But at least my house is clean and the laundry and grocery shopping is done.....

Hey how long was everyone in the recovery room?? Also were you nausious when you woke up??

Ok off to get my daughter to her swimming party!!

Tina im not telling anyone either.. well i have a handful who know.. i just dont want to deal with the insults, or downgrading of my weightloss. Im working my ass off here, and i dont need their negativity.

So.. i was totally full but decided to eat anyways, because dinners at 4. WELL they pull out the food. My god head hunger is killing me. This is the first time ive been faced with this. Wish me luck:(

Tina it's almost time!!!

I didn't get nauseous at ALL, still haven't. Did they give you the anti-nausea pills to take tonight and tomorrow? They'll also put some anti-nausea stuff in your IV.

Did you take your milk of mag this morning? That stuff is NASTY!!! I did almost puke taking that.

I was in recover from when I woke up to almost about when I left. Probably about 3-4 hours.

Yep it is close now. I am excited to get this done. Doesn't seem quite real that it is finally here.

Yep did the milk of mag stuff and now having the runs!! It says for constipation...........didn't have that so I guess it is overdoing it job!! LOL. I hope it stops by tomorrow!!

Ah Easter huh Nicole?? Didn't think about that..........boy I know the head hunger is gonna get me. I already know I will have to adjust.

Yep I take the anti nasaue stuff tonight and in the morning. I have a really sensitive stomach though. Everything makes me sick or at least has the last year..............I think the meds will do the trick but just wanted to know what everyone dealt with.

2-3 hours in recovery. Did that include the barium swallow? Hmmm.......I hope I don't get bored but than again I know I will recovering there.............not just sitting around!!

Anyway I will check in tomorrow afternoon or Tuesday morning if I am to sleepy.

Recovery room time flies by cuz you're totally out of it and in and out of sleep. You won't even have a concept of time...at least I didn't!

That included the time I went down to do the barium swallow. Basically I woke up from surgery around 9am and was between recovery and barium until I left at 2pm.

Tina, the recovery period will fly, i say that and i was in recovery from 10:30 till 4. And it went pretty fast. The only time that lagged was preop:)

How exciting!! I cant wait to hear how it goes. Ifyou are worried about the nausea tell dr baggs and the anesthesia guy. They gave me iv nausea med during surgery so i never felt nauseous.

When you get there you also get a nausea pill.

So, the head hunger i admit is pretty bad, but im gonna hold out. MY GOODNESS! My mom just went to the store to get some tortillas and brought back 3 more bags of chips. :thumbdown:

Well happy easter everyone!

I think I will ask for the anti nausea just in case........

Nicole your weight when down again. Girl you are rockin!! Wow I am so impressed. Your gonna be at MY goal.....under 200 in a few days!!! Ah that is so so exiciting................

so Christine your surgery was at 8am and you were awake at 9am-OMG that is crazy fast!! So you just go back to sleep after you wake up in recovery??

Happy Easter all!!

Hi!

Yup im 203 even right now:) I love it!!:blushing:

Well mom made my fav... chicken enchiladas and tacos.. the chicken enchilada is a very creamy sauce with chicken and stuff..

So i fed the insides thru the food processor and had a 1/4 c of that plus a lil bit of cheese.. but i couldnt finish it:)

OMG, sooooooooooooo delicious. Before i ate i was looking at it like i wish i could have a full one and a taco! And i had my 1/4 c of the insides! OMG soo worth it! My 16 mo old ate more then me.. poor kiddo!:thumbdown:

well we are going on our walk now...:confused:

AND NO BLEEDING when i changed the bandage!! yay!

Tina you are going to do fantastic! I am so excited for you! Yes the surgery is fast! mine was scheduled for 10.. i was on the table, looked at the light at 9:45 and then woke at 10:30.. so VERY VERY FAST!!!

Wow Tina....It's here!!!!! I'm so excited or you!!!! Just think it will beo over soon and you can start moving on!!! That's what i'm looking forward to!!!

So today, Easter...Great....I did good at work then we went to my brother in laws and what did IO do over eat...ok no more holidays time to gain control again!!!!

Christine...WOW Seriously you are my hero!!!!! Rock on!!!!!

Nicole...Good job girl!!!! I'm telling you I learned something about myself today...I have a hard time in these social enviroments....I hade no idea how bad it was!!!!!!

Tina you have to post as soon a you can...I will be thinking about you tomorrow....You will do awesome and then you can move on!!

So I went with the hernia thing too...I started with the Gallblader but after talking to people it looks like the hernia is closest to this surgery so I just kind of started with oh they can feel a hernia....I hate fibbing....but I know the people I work with and they will talk so much crap and just make this a negative thing for me...I dont need that...it was a hard enough decision and really thier issues will be more driven from bein jelous than anything else!!!

OMG OMG OMG Donna you are a lifesaver! Thanks so much for talking to me tonight. I totally had a meltdown and bawled my head off after talking to you. On the way home from my parents we stopped at Rite Aid and I got the chewable tylenol ( I can't DRINK another sip of medicine...GAG!) and Gas-X strips. I took them in the car and when I got home I had the HUGEST burp like all the way from the bottom of my poor empty little stomach and I feel SO SO SO much better!

I also bought the pepcid so I'm gonna call tomorrow and see if I can take that for the heartburn if it doesn't go a way soon.

And OMG!! I had the most horrible Constipation problem today, had to use a suppository and everything. I don't know WHY they don't give us stool softeners...so stupid. My insides are SO sore like I got kicked in the gut from all the work. My poor body. I'm gonna ask them tomorrow about stool softeners too. The whole huge differences between SSF/Richmond really piss me off, honestly.

Social scenarios in early post-op really SUCK. Tonight was so hard and because I was feeling so uncomfortable already, but watching everyone eat that yummy holiday food was pretty close to torture! I can't wait to be "normal" and eat what everyone else does, just a lot less of it.

Anyway, I'm feeling so much better now thank God for Gas-X. I would recommend everyone keep some on hand!!!

Edited by swishbc
typos!

Hey Christine, I feel so relieved for you!!! It does feel so good to get out that gas! (Sorry to be so crude) but it goes with the band, and I believe causing our tummies to work better! Just like from the Support group, listening to those 'soft signs' from the body, I am glad to be learning them all over again! Glad it is helping! Another trick of the trade, when the time comes is, I heard pineapple juice helps to break down things (food) with its enzymes. So glad to be in this 'Band of Sisters' together with you all!

So Nicole, I have been asking bout u, soooo glad your bleeding has stopped! How is the incision looking now? Just something to keep in mind, when getting a fill, i.e. close to your sweet spot, you prob want to schedule them in the beginning of the week, just in case too tight, again, tough to get banded help through the weekend.

Tina, so excited for you, and a prayer is going up for you, steady surgeon hands, clean liver, no complications and a smooth recovery, remember to Water, walk and west! (rest)

candy woman, what kind of work do you do? What a shame how others regard a healthy surgery to help us with better health as cheating. I share my story with different people to help educate others about our procedure, and how there is good help to change the course of our lives. I am esp. blessed that young mamas can do this AND have more healthy babies, without risking their (and baby's) lives!

Riley, how is the restriction? Mine is working real well, and working on the body soft signs with this one, 'before' I am even starting to feel full! Have a blessed rest Ladies!:thumbdown:

Yup bleeding is doing good, only spotted a very tiny bit so im a happpppppppppppppy camper:D

Tina only 9 hrs till surgery time!! how exciting. You are going to do great!

You are in my prayers!!

Good luck Tina! Can't wait to hear all about it and hope you recover quickly. :thumbdown:

WELL I'm not sure how well that first fill worked, it was only 1cc so I have 3cc total in my band now. Dr. Baggs said I might not feel any restriction from this first fill, and I really don't - although for the first time I got something stuck yesterday, my third bite of Easter ham! It was mighty uncomfortable but went down with small sips of warm Water finally. I did NOT want to eat after that, but of course an hour later I was hungry so I ate again. DOH!!! I really miss the "full" feeling that I got for the first month after surgery, I do not feel full at all now and I mean I ate like a whole (thin) slice of ham and then 10 (ten!) big fat (well-cooked of course) asparagus - whole ones! And I still did not have the full feeling like I did before. This was WAY over a full cup of food. So I really, really hope that the next fill will give me that back. Meantime, I am starting to eat like I did pre-band to lose the weight pre-op - salads and vegies, which are not in my current food stage. Grr!