Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

I started to get really calm by Saturday night too. I think maybe it was the CD! Sunday I was just excited to go out of town and have a fun dinner and go hot tubbing at the hotel, I kind of forgot about surgery and treated it like a mini-vacation.

I also cleaned my house like crazy and got all the laundry done. I knew I wouldn't be doing it for a while, and since being home Brian has really kept it up well and even did 2 loads of laundry yesterday. He's been AMAZING.

I don't think that diet coke will enlarge your liver...I was 257.5 on surgery day and don't have a single spot of fat on my liver so I'm sure yours will be beautiful!!!

I'm glad you're feeling more calm, that's very important. This is an exciting time and you should definitely enjoy every part of this journey!

Good Sat Morn, 'Rich'mond Ladies!

Hope this beautiful Sat finds everyone doing well, Christine, sounds like you are bouncing back! Nicole, so glad it is slowing down, pls. just watch yourself carefully! Tina, I will be praying for you before Monday, I know the excitement and concerns can just drive u batty! I think a big part for me was...is this really gonna happen? It's TIME to make that change, and am so glad I did!

Riley woman, how are you and how is the fill workin?

I hope Candi (msg me when u on!) and Reggie are doing well also.

Just thought I would come in and report my 3rd fill, yesterday in SSFran...I am at 6cc's! Well, don't know if this is the sweet spot yet...but, I could NOT do eggs this morn! I HAD to revert to a shake (my doc says ok for after fill), so I am a tight mama this morn! :crying:

Thank you for inviting me to your group, am so glad to share this journey with such beautiful, supportive and hard working to get healthy women! Planning on a good walk this morn in some fresh air, and ready to be back on trackin it!:laugh:

Hope everyone has a pain free and blessed Easter!:drool:

Tina! It is soo the CD:) I was sooo Calm on Sunday, and then monday was exciting to get to go to the hotel.. and get ready:)

I think its a normal nesting thing to have the house taken care of etc. I think the tv dinners are a good idea. How old is your daughter?

How exciting, you are going to do great! AND enjoy the month off!!!

The bleeding has slowed down with the butterflys.. I did notice some blood on the bandage but nowhere near yesterday woooooooooooo hooooooooooooo:) Im just gonna keep using butterflys until it is done.

Hope everyone has a good Day today!

Hey ladies....

Christine are you feeling better? You sound like it!!!

Nicole just make sure the sight doesn't get warm, thats a sign of infection, but I'm so glad its slowing down!!!

So if I'm reading these correctly Tina your having surgery on Monday? Rock on!!!!

Hey Donna, such a slacker I am!!!! I'm doing ok....

It's strange here everything has been going so smooth, I've really had no problems with the pre op diet and then yesterday it started......I ate a few things that I normally would have turned my nose to....now I feel like the rains have been let loose....what is wrong with me...I've come so far and now I'm going to toss it all away for food.....I hate admitting this but it's like a drug to me (as Edward said to Bella in Twilight, yes I'm to old for it, but I love it!! he, he) I'm a little scared......I only have 3 weeks and am only 4 pds below goal...any advise ladies...I could really use it!!!!

candy, you CAN do this! It's just food, and it's SO not worth the risk of gaining weight and being above goal. Just maybe let your self have one or two meals a week to splurge, that's what I did. I still lost, but it slowed down a lot. The "last supper" mentality is SO normal but just keep telling yourself that you can still have it someday, just a lot less of it!

I think Nicole sent me this but I want to post it here, it may help with seeing food differently...it totally did for me:

"Dear Food...I want a Divorce

It is not that I don’t love you, but you’re not good for me. As they said in the movie…I'm just not that into you. I am sure you won’t take this news well and will fight the inevitable. Please don’t. We got together when I was young and stupid and did not understand what I was doing to myself. Yes, we will have to see each other on occasion, but I promise it won’t be awkward. We will have a more business like relationship. I wish you all the best, but it is time for me to move on and correct the mistakes of my youth."

Also, food is a drug for ALL of us! That's why we're here, that's why we are having/had surgery, that's why we go to our support group. We will always be fighting this addiction, and we'll always be recovering. But we WILL fight and we WILL recover because we're worth it and we deserve it. Every single one of us.

candy, do not kick yourself! WE ALLLLLL did it. And we all will do it again. Just go, ok that was good, now where is my cottage cheese :cool2:

You will get thru this, we are all here for you! Even if you screw up all weekend oh well, start over monday:)

Also you can ask Christine MANY times I second guessed myself.. im thinking it is normal:)

So i have started bleeding again, and worse then yesterday. I am on the phone with kaiser right now and my god those nurses u can get one nice one and one real BITCH! I told her shes gona need to send me to kaiser Richmond and not just regular er and she wont even call the richmond reg dr, shes calling SAC!

I told her i want her to call my surgeon on call, and shes all well i have to call the dr, that is my protocol. WHATEVER.

So the nurse just got back on and is calling the bariatrics surgeon on call now. NO DUH YA dingle berry nurse.

bla still on hold......

SOooo, dr IM is the dr on call tonight if anyone needs to know.

He said this:

If i can hold pressure on the site, for 30 min and it stops then i am ok. And i asked how long can i leave a bandage on she sadi 24hrs. So im not moving my bandage for 24 hrs as long as there is no blood oozing thru it like yesterday. She said to take a day and try not to do anything. Also dr im said i can go to any emergency center..

The lady ended up being a not nice phone nurse at all.

I am sooo not happy about this situation:( Why do i always have to have problems bleeding!

Ok so there is the play by play.. :cool2:

Hey everyone.

Yep Monday is the day for me. Going back and forth with the nerves this afternoon. This is just me I always second guess everything and than I am glad when it is done. I did the same with Africa debated until the last minute about going............LOL. Than it was great.......

No last suppers. Weird. I did have my diet coke!! Thanks Christine I figured if you did it I could do it as well. I am just not really tempted.............weird I thought I would be. Nothing really sounds good right now. Maybe nerves or maybe all the rushing around to get "my house in order"..........................

I think the CD is coming out again this afternoon.

I am not spending the night. I am leaving at 5am and should be in Richmond by 6:20 or so. I don't want to be to early though cause sitting around will stress me out. I just want to be in and moving before I have time to really debate it!! LOL. I know myself very well!!

I also am not really telling anyone at work or in my family. About 3-4 people know in my family. My mom knows because she is driving me there and back......but she has been weird this week about it. Whenever I bring it up she totally changes the subject. I sorta wonder if she is stressing about it.............weird because before it was this close she would ask me about it off and on. I just know she is gonna be anxious to get home too since she DOES have to work the next day.......

My daughter is 14 and we finally did go to the store and get stuff so she can do her own thing the next days

Oh I also bought these disposable sippy cups.......for babies I know, I know............but I am a gulper so I think the first week or see I will have to learn to sip slowly.............My dauagher thinks this is hilarous. I added it to my baby spoons and bowls!! LOL

Edited by swrktp

Geez, Nicole! I'm so sorry this keeps happening. Good to hear that you can go to a local Kaiser though if need be. All they will probably do is put a bit more dermabond on it to close it back up. As long as they're not putting a needle in the port (which they'd have no reason to do since you're not having restriction issues).

I hope it stops ASAP. Now go lay down and don't get back up!!!

Yep Nicole I think you need to be on bedrest. Worried about you and hoping this will pass soon..............

Just so you do know Tina, bring ur ipod you have about 1.5 hrs you sit in preop.. some of it alone.. enough to think..

Just keep with it when they walk you in look at that comfy table:)

You are going to do GREAT!

Thanks ladies!!! I needed those words!!! I ate like crap today for the first time in a month...I'm over it!!!!

Hey Tina...what did you tell the people at work as to why your are going to be off? I'm just wondering because I'm not telling people at work either and I'm just curious how other do....the people I work with are very nosey!!!!

Dude, just tell 'em you have a hernia and have to have surgery. It's 4-5 lap incisions and 6-8 weeks of recovery. (my sis JUST had a hernia surgery in Feb.) If I was keeping it from someone it would've been the perfect cover, lol.

I am going the hernia route as well and in my case it could likely be true...........

None of family my knows I am going or that I even have the time off except a select few. I probably won't say anything unless I am asked.........

A few months down the road if the questions start up I will probably be honest.........I don't know yet. I am not really embarrassed but just don't want to hear the #@*&%

Thanks candy for the prayer on MOnday!! :-)