Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Sounds like what i am loosing exactly, he wrote me back and said that it sounds like the deep tissue Fluid around the port.. I was just telling Christine how the bump feeling is going down.. He said that I can go in now, but that there is a surgeon on call 24/7 so i can go in whenever needed.

He also said that I dont have to go in right now, that keeps going or i get worried to come on down, so i asked How long should i wait till i get worried enough to drive down? All weekend? Or should it be stopping. I hope he says all weekend, so then if it does keep going i dont stress.

SOUNDS like a GREAT fill! I cant wait for mine! I have a month and 4 days lol.

I'm so glad the fill went so well, Riley! It sounds like a good experience, I'm sure I'll be excited for mine.

I haven't had ANY meds since 4am this morning and I've been okay. I just had to realize that the dizziness and weak feeling isn't from the meds, it's from the LACK OF FOOD! lol

I didn't do too well with liquids yesterday because I slept a lot and I'm trying to do better today. I think I was a bit dehydrated yesterday. MAN--a shower sure takes everything out of me! I thought I was gonna pass out after taking my shower this afternoon.

I can't wait to get a bit more food/protein in me and start feeling more normal now that the pain is less. I want to WANT to go for walks and run errands and not feel like I'm gonna fall down just while walking around my house.

Wow Christine, I so hoped you'd feel good by now . . .you are too too tired girlfiend? How are you on Iron? You ARE taking your Vitamins with iron, right?

In my experience, it took a good 24 hours to get the after-effects of the Vicodin outta me. I just can't stand that stuff! It sure works tho :-)

Feel better hunny!!!:thumbup:

Crap, I actually forgot my multi AND thyroid for the last 3 days. I just took my thyroid at about 3pm and will take my multi at 5 (have to wait 2 hours) and Calcium before bed.

I just slept SO much and was totally out of it and off schedule and totally forgot about my pills. I NEVER do that either, so you know I was feeling pretty bad.

I didn't even think about the Iron, Riley. I bet I'll be feeling lots better after I get that back in my body.

3 days!!!!! Girlfriend, "crap" is right! Poor thing, I really hope it helps! I had all my Vitamins ON my bed with me so the rolled over and nudged me every few hours, LOL - so I would remember to take them! I get TERribly week with no Iron. Feel better soon hunny!

That's a good idea, Riley. I'll set them out instead of having them in the cupboard. I feel so dumb for forgetting them. I've always had such good pill taking habits! I'm gonna set my alarm too so that I won't forget again. Hopefully I'll be feeling better soon! I wonder how long it takes for those Vitamins and minerals kick in?

When I was preggers & had to take extra Iron, it worked overnight. But you've been depleted, it may take a wee bit longer to re-build your stores up to a "feel good" level! I'll bet you notice a difference right away tho. And not taking the thyroid meds can't be helping things either! Oh well, you're back on track now. Blame the forgetfullness on the vicodin - that's what I would do :thumbup:

Oh, I totally will blame it on the vicodin! I've been OUT OF IT. That would be so awesome if I feel lots better tomorrow!

That sounds perfect! BAD Vicodin

Re: tylenol chewables, actually I did not buy the brand name because it had too much sugar, I got the store name (I think it was Rite-Aid, might have been Walgreens) jr chewables - grape flavored, but oh well! Before that I had the Safeway brand of kids' chewables, they were yummy like bubble gum but it took a long time to take 16 of them! And 1 bottle was only 2 doses. It was so worth it tho, to be off that Vicodin. I took it only at night for 1 night and then decided that the tylenol was doing just as much good.

Hey Christine hope your feeling better. I think the combo of no vits/meds, surgery and vicodan has done ya in. I bet tomorrow will be better!! :-)

I am at scheduled for 6:45 am just like I though. The "laughing hyena" will be right behind me in line!! So I hope to be outta there by noonish or so.................

I am gonna wear PJ's that look sorta like sweats and just be comfortable. Do you have to ride a wheelchair out to the car after..... wearing flip flops.....so can I take the IPOD into OR??

Reggie my weight goes up and down around that time of the month. And the Kaiser scale is always a bit higher than at home. But not by much. I have two scales at home....don't sake how.........and I weight on both of them to confirm. They are usually not more than a 1/2 a pound apart so than I have an idea..........

I am excited and nervous about Monday but really excited I am officially off work for a month!!

Tina, yes they will let u bring ur ipod back. And, yes you do ride out to the car in a wheelchair, and also to the xray dept.

OMGOSH how exciting it is your last weekend!!!!! Any last meals?

No last meals really......I haven't been losing this week and I have not been as careful as I could be. Not gaining either though............still having diet coke off and on. I actually am gonna totally stop in the morning. Sad thing is I have a 6 pack of diet coke and I realized today I won't be drinking any of it!! I didn't plan well.............

Hope your doing better Nicole. That is kinda scare I read your other post. It has gotta get better.....................

Christine it is looking up? Hopefully the worst is all over and it gets easier every day. After I am done the next one will be in May...........

I am up cleaning house and doing laundry. I want to get ahead of things. Tomorrow I am gonna get enough TV dinners and easy to make things so my daughter can last a few days without me cooking for her..............oh Cereal and milk too. I don't think she realizes I really am NOT cooking as she didn't want to pick anything at the store. LOL

I have the medication, Vitamins, gasX, liquid Tyenol. Got the baby spoons and in the baby section got 4 ounce containers with lids..........very cute. Jello, pudding, broth..................oh yea and got the themometer tonight. So I think I have it all. I am sure there is something I am forgetting though............way stocked up on Crystal light.

I need to get a little bag of things together tomorrow and leave it by the front door................not taking much. The nurses told me today not to bring much since your in and out before you have time to miss or want anything............

So am I ready?? I think so......more excited than nervous now.

Mostly excited to have a month off work. I think the whole impact of what I am doing will hit next week when I am not able to just run up to the store or grab something quickly on the way out the door...........

Anyone else have kinda a psychological shock after surgery?? I think I might once I start getting used to the restriction and new way of eating...........

Night all

Tina, DRINK THAT DIET COKE! I had my last sip of Diet Coke at 5:59pm on Sunday and am so glad I did.

I woke up feeling SO much better today! I don't know if day 5 is just my good day, or if it's cuz I caught up on my Vitamins and thyroid pill yesterday...AND I weighed! I was 257.5 on surgery morning (my scale and theirs) and was 251.4 this morning! So I've lost 6 lbs since Monday and have lost a total of 46.1 lbs!!! The most I've ever lost is 45 lbs so this is HUGE! I'm only 1.4 lbs away from beint 250, and 4.9 lbs away from being at 50 lbs lost! My next big goal will be to get UNDER my pre-pregnancy weight from frickin' 2003 and that was 234. I'm hoping to be at that goal by my birthday June 5th.

I know I'm feeling better because today was the first time that as I was waking up I thought "What should we do today?" and all week as I've woken up I've just thought "Oh crap...I'm awake." LOL.

I don't want to overdo it and regress so I'm still gonna take it pretty easy today, but maybe we'll go to the park behind our house and have a mini-egg hunt. Have a great day everyone!

Ok maybe I will finish up the Diet Coke. I was just having visions of my liver grown with every coke yesterday and I started to panic a bit!!

Surprizingly I am very calm today. I am really ready to get this done. I plan to finish cleaning up the house.........I want things to start out clean anyway!!

Maybe do some cooking and freeze stuff for my daughter. Also get her packed up to leave this week.

So did you guys stress out on Sunday. Cause I am just alot calmer than is normal for me!! It can't be all the CD can it??