Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

OH wow everyones weight is going down, down, down........LOL!! Exciting!! Reggie your on a roll

Christine laughing about the seran wrap!! But if it works!! How are the incisions? Did you bruise??

Tina you're cracking me UP! Deep breaths...deep breaths...

You can shower totally normally on surgery morning, I even shaved my legs (knew I wouldn't be able to for a while). BUT--after showering, don't put any lotions or perfume on. That's all they care about.

I put the saran wrap on today and when I talked to Liz just now she said I didn't have to. But for ME--I feel better keeping the glue as dry as possible for the next couple days. I'd rather play it safe than have the glue open and start oozing or bleeding. That would freak me out big time!

My incisions are looking really good and I still don't have a single bruise anywhere on my tummy! I have a little bruise on my arm from the shot of heparin and a little bruise on my other arm from the IV. I'm so surprised at my tummy though, I totally expected to be all black and blue and it's not at all. I'm not complaining though!

Reggie I also went back and forth on the RNY and Band. Even this week I started the debate again.........but after really sitting and thinking.............and that crazy pre op CD does calm one down who knew.........I am SURE the band is the best option. Well I think is is safest and the other thing and lack of absortion scares me..........

Oh I have to say that the crazy CD does make me laugh not relax at times.........like when it says the "compentent, caring, great doctors are there"..........Kaiser propoghanda!! LOL. I am all relaxed and here all this stuff and perk up and laugh............and all the stuff it says about............"this is great and I am feeling so good and healing so well" LOL

I know it is true that it works but it could be brainwashing it I didn't want it to be true so badly!!

Just cracks me up in some places!!

Ok My sacto friends....I found it!!!!

Christine I wanted to call you sssssooo bad, but I'm not sure if its to late so I guess I will have to wait tell tomorrow.... :blink:

But in the mean time.....I GOT MY SURGERY DATE TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think the staff tere almost fell over on how fast this process has been for me, what can I say, I feel likew a rock star right now!!!! :tt2:

So lets see, had my orientation on Masrch 3rd, saw my surgeon on March 11 (I think) dod my labs and EKG that day, saw the psych md yesterday, met with the case manager Liz (who was not the monster some people say she is:) am seeing Dr. Baggs tomorrow fopr my psychical and history, then I have the pre op class on the 16th, and meet with the doctor who will nock me out for surgery on the 24th (day before my bday :) and ready for this I will have surgery on May 4th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly 2 months and 1 day from orientation!!!

I am not usually so confident or braggy (he he) but I can't help it right now!!!! I'm just to excited....My hard work paid off!!!!!

THAT IS FREAKING CRAZY!!! I knew you were gonna go super fast. I've never heard of the process go so fast and I'm SO SO happy for you! We'll be less than a month apart which will be so cool.

Definitely call me tomorrow, I can't wait to hear all about your appts. Very cool that you also have Dr. Baggs, I really like him alot.

You go girl! Keep to that 1200 cal diet and I bet you'll be down 25 lbs by surgery. You rock!

Ok so I feel like a total toad....I should read what you all were talking about before I posted my happy thoughts!!! :blink: Sorry!!!

If it helps any I have been struggling with all of those things as well, like is this the right surgery for me.....or I've lost 16 pds in 4 weeks I can d othis on my own... but like Christine said I can but like every time before I will not be able to take it off......and with the surgery..at least for me...I know what to do...I know how I had to change my life....I just need the tool to keep it off....this tool is perfect....its non invasive, if theres problems it can be removed......gastric bypass is not reversable and it has much more health risks, but you know there are plus to it too....you know whats right for you.... :tt2:

Welcome meandmyweightlose!!

Wow another Richmond Kaiser. Cool!! I am also with Dr. Baggs and have sugery on Monday, April 13, 2009. Very cool to have another person online!!

Wow your the fastest I have heard of. I have been about ...........hmm.........3 1/2 months but over a little over 4 if you count the time with the PCP before I got the referral..............

I think you'll like Dr. Baggs!! I do. Also Liz was ok ......just if your not gonna follow the rules 100% don't tell her!! We had so many people at our orientation that were kinda throwing stuff in her face.............maybe just to see her run across the room and yell at them..........I saw lots of really, really young girls in my orientation and they not really as serious about things as I thought was appropriate........just my thoughts........they were all bragging how they broke rules and got away with it............sorta bugged me.......I thought why bother ya know...............and she did give them a good show...........

Anyway welcome to the site we always need another person to add to the group!! You will be in less than three weeks!! WOW!!

THanks.......You are going pretty fast too!!! Rock on!! :blink: Your surgery is in days!!!! THats great......

I acctually alread met Dr.Baggs for my surgeon consult and I'm with you he is awesome...I cant amagine anyone else I would rather have doing my surgery!!!!

I hate people lile that, there was a women in today who I over heard her say she had her orientation like 2 yrs ago or something and she didn't do her test, well you can amagine what happened when Liz got her, we ll then the women comes out just going off about Liz, its like well you have to do you part stop making it everyone elses fault and take some responsibility, you know?

It kills me how some people try to cheat it, I guess I can only can speak for myself but this was not something I went into lightly, surgery is no joke so why would you even waist your time, it seems like more people are that way though. Since I have been meeting people I've found more people like that then people who are serious...there seem to only be few of us :tt2:

I like your new ticker Candy! I like the ones that show our actual weight. It's easier to keep track of our progress! So, is your work okay with less than a month notice for surgery? What are you gonna tell them for why you need off and how long will you take off?

WOW! You TOTALLY flew thru thank god! Maybe that should give Reggie some hope:) Maybe they aren't as busy anymore, because even though i was at goal at psych they were still booked like crazy.

How exciting now we have one on monday and one in a month!! Soon all of us will be banded, and shopping at the skinny people stores for clothes!! Not Accessories:tongue_smilie:

Glad you found us!:tt2:

Ok My sacto friends....I found it!!!!

Christine I wanted to call you sssssooo bad, but I'm not sure if its to late so I guess I will have to wait tell tomorrow.... :blink:

But in the mean time.....I GOT MY SURGERY DATE TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think the staff tere almost fell over on how fast this process has been for me, what can I say, I feel likew a rock star right now!!!! :)

So lets see, had my orientation on Masrch 3rd, saw my surgeon on March 11 (I think) dod my labs and EKG that day, saw the psych md yesterday, met with the case manager Liz (who was not the monster some people say she is:) am seeing Dr. Baggs tomorrow fopr my psychical and history, then I have the pre op class on the 16th, and meet with the doctor who will nock me out for surgery on the 24th (day before my bday :) and ready for this I will have surgery on May 4th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly 2 months and 1 day from orientation!!!

I am not usually so confident or braggy (he he) but I can't help it right now!!!! I'm just to excited....My hard work paid off!!!!!

Hello All

I have also meet quite a few people that aren't serious. Scary thing is they are going for bypass!! But again they are young girls.

For me I thought about it for almost a year before I decided to ask for the referral. I was 100% sure even before orientation. Just got thrown on the decision between RNY and lap band until the last month here......

Dr. Baggs was laughing at me the last time because he asked if I had questions and I said I was still trying to lets Lizs advice from the pre op class sink in and I was overwhlemed..........I could tell he was trying not to laugh. But really I have done so much research and talked to you girls so much I know what to expect. He just gave me a brief rundown..........gown, chair, iv, shot, nurse, surgeon...or, time out........recovery, swallow and home!!

And he stressed NOT TO CANCELL the radiology appointment like one of his patients did............he said he told the barium people he won't be available he was having surgery!! LOL!! He was laughing about that!!

Well off to listen to my CD about great surgeons and perfect surgery conditions...............I hope am asleep before that comes on because it will make me laugh again!! I am likely to laugh in the middle of surgery if I hear it again................

I think regardless of age some people are in this for the wrong reasons, they think its a quick out etc. We all know people who are not serious, and in all honesty.. we really don't know if that is true. Some people when they get nervous say stupid stuff, just like what liz said.. Gum, Soda, candy, etc, people don't quit till the night before surgery, does it mean they aren't serious about this... I dont think so.

At mine and Christines Preop Classes, there was a woman probably in her late 30s there maybe even early 40s with her hubby. OK now she is someone some would say is not ready... During the class she left to talk to her son, then the husband didn't even know that she had to come back monthly.. so there is someone older that should be taking more time with her choice.

I just hope the people that get the surgery in the end are ready for it. Because it is hard work, and if they go under anesthesia, they have a chance of never seeing their kids, husband ,or family again..

We will all be at goal I am sure. We are all soo close, so lets not let people we see at groups etc, take our concentration...

Tina: you most likely will, because when you get on the table you literally lay down relax a min then fall asleep. If they hit the points of the perfect surgery crew and everything, then they are taking wayyy too long and I would have my eyes open so they know you are not asleep:)

I agree Nicole......age is not the important factor. But it seems that some of the young girls that day I was there were not ready. They were giving me tips on how to cheat!! LOL.

I hope I am ready to be honest. I still have a love affair with Diet coke...........Monday is a sad day saying goodbye to coke!!

I will be happy when I wake up and know I am alive. That will be the best moment. So Dr. Baggs really plays that CD?? I thought he was joking about that......or that you just put it on your IPOD on your own.

I think I will go out fast. I tend to be a deep, deep sleeper but that will make it harder to wake up too I think. I keep thinking how nice I can sleep and not worry about having to be responsible or work that day.............I am weird I know. Just ready to catch up on some sleep next week........I hope I can sleep and it won't hurt so much I am awake all night.

Anyway ladies going to bed.............

Well hopefully liz was there to hear their ideas on cheating... so they might not get their surgeries after all..

He will not play the cd over the loud speakers in the room he told me it would put them to sleep.. So download it onto an IPOD or something before you go.. then he will let you listen to it:biggrin:

Good night ladies...

Tina, I hear ya with the love affair with Diet Coke. I had my last sip of it at 5:59pm Sunday night! I was taking every second I had! But you know what? I bet we won't miss it as bad as we think we will. Oh, I also chewed gum on Sunday and ate 3 pieces of See's candies. So sue me, lol. They were delish.

I played my CD on my Ipod too. I had the choice of them putting on any of my favorite music, but I just wanted to relax and also didn't want to choose what they listened to. I wanted them focused while they were cutting into me!