Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Tina: Did you have a Csection?? Because, i thought the pain was gonna be worse. Yes it was on the scale at number 8 when i woke up but, i felt the same way with my C... But i also had an infection so it might have made it worse..

About the pillows im gonna second that!!! i have 3 under my head, then one on each side of me then one for under my knees..

Gosh my net dies for 24 hrs and u guys go chatty cathy style on me!!!:smile:

Well today was one week..i went bowling.. yes i been yelled at a couple times..it was a kids ball.. and i did it with the kids! lol. I got hungry for the first time today.. after yogurt for bfast.. oooh the good news im 207.0 this am! meaning 12 lbs in one week, gosh i hope this doesnt stop!!!

No c-section but I had a crazy long labor and they finally had to use the vacuum pump to get my daughter out........than I hemoraged and had to be on pictocin for hours to get the bleeding to stop. Ah the epidural never kicked it................Really I was pretty sure I was gonna die...........pretty ready to go actually!!

The two oral surgeries were right up there with having the baby. Bad luck I guess................

7-8 I think I can deal with. Just give me some meds!!

I just don't know what your 8 is!!! LOL

Well Iam off to bed I have to kick this cold by Sunday...........

Oh so those of you with glasses how long till you get them back. Crazy question I know by pain hurts less if I can actually see where I am and what is going on................LOL. I asked the pre op nurse and she laughed and said no one told her that before but to ask on Friday when they call me again!! I really can't be blind, banded and drinking barium it will be to much!!! LOL

Night to all

TINA--I ABSOLUTELY do NOT regret it! I keep telling my hubby that and I've tole Nicole too. I'm trying not to complain too much about the pain because I know it'll all be worth it! I only want to talk about it here because it's so important to know what to expect. Let's put it this way, I cried when I had my wisdom teeth pulled, cried with I had Sophie (from pain and emotion) BUT I haven't cried yet and I'm feeling better almost every hour so I don't think it's gonna happen!

This was by far the 3rd best decision I've made in my life! (First was getting married, second was having Sophie). I know this journey is gonna have it's up and downs with pain and emotions and "do I regret it?" thoughts but I know it's all going to be worth it for all of us!

NICOLE--You're right! I have a pillow under my legs too. What divas with our 5 pillows!

TINA--I ABSOLUTELY do NOT regret it! I keep telling my hubby that and I've tole Nicole too. I'm trying not to complain too much about the pain because I know it'll all be worth it! I only want to talk about it here because it's so important to know what to expect. Let's put it this way, I cried when I had my wisdom teeth pulled, cried with I had Sophie (from pain and emotion) BUT I haven't cried yet and I'm feeling better almost every hour so I don't think it's gonna happen!

This was by far the 3rd best decision I've made in my life! (First was getting married, second was having Sophie). I know this journey is gonna have it's up and downs with pain and emotions and "do I regret it?" thoughts but I know it's all going to be worth it for all of us!

NICOLE--You're right! I have a pillow under my legs too. What divas with our 5 pillows!

That is what I thought no one has regreted it yet!! well some on the main board but I have questions reading their post about if they were ready for this.

I am having the debates this week which is normal. Like if I can lose 25 why not 75? But always comes back to the same thing. I NEED THIS!! I know I need this and I am excited I finally got this far. My mind is playing pre surgery tricks on me!! I always do this once something gets close..............than afterwards I wonder why I made such a big deal of it.

My family is worried that is part of the problem. They don't know alot about what I am doing but keep asking me if I am sure............I am just that I wish they would let it rest a bit.

Mostly excited but a bit nervous.

A week from now I will be almost to the magical third day!!

By the time I get banded you all will be down 20 pounds!! LOL. I will be right on your tail!! :-)

Tina, I had the same thoughts...if I can lose 40 can't I lose 100+?

The answer for ME is Yes. I probably can lose it. BUT--can I keep it off for the rest of my life? No. I've lost weight several times and every time I gain it all back and then some.

I don't want to keep playing this health roulette into my 40's and 50's, etc...I need to get my weight under control while I'm young and lucky to have NO health problems.

Don't worry, after all is said and done you'll be SO glad that you did it and your family will be shocked at what a hot mama you are (even though you are absolutely beautiful already!)

Start listening to that CD, it really is awesome! The second and third tracks for pre-op I listened to twice a day starting 3 days before surgery and I listened to it during pre-op prep AND surgery too. If you're feeling some anxiety it would be great to start listening to it now. You can DO this. (((hugs)))

I started to listen to the CD already and thanks for the positive words............for me 25 is the most I have ever lost. So I am at that right now...............

I have been dealing with extra weight since 16 so I know, I know, I know...............I need this for a drastic change. But the pre op stuff is good because I am in weight loss mode already. My mindset is different than four months ago and I feel better with 25 pounds gone.

Everytime I debate than I go back to the the firsts that will be coming up in the next year..........I miss out on stuff because of my weight like swimming, skiing, sports ect...........I want to try new things.

I think I could lose all the weight too but keep it off I doubt it. This is my tool to help me keep it off..............

Tina: I do not regret this at all!!:smile: Even when I stare at a cheeze it and REALLY REALLY WANT IT lol:)

I had the only people i told doing this to me too..

• my husband would say, say goodbye to your daughter you are partaking in an elective procedure where u wont be coming back home.. He was a nervous wreck about me dieing... (right after wards he got me roses, and is totally helping me 100% and said he was proud-- yes total 180!!!)
  • My mom, said that im a hypocrite, and i can do it on my own and bla bla bla..
  • My sister said things like uve lost 44 lbs u dont need this!!!
  • my friend Nita and I wont even talk about it.., and after i got out of surgery she BITCHED about heart burn, even when i was dealing with surgical pain (she still wont see how im doing)

Then the biggest, was me.. i lost a LOT of weight pre op..45 lbs.. i told myself a lot i can do this on my own but, did u know in the last 2 months i only lost 10 lbs.. the majority was when i first started.. then the last month i didnt loose anything.. in fact i fought the scale.. I know that is where my weightloss would have ended...

These jitters are VERY normal, ask Christine:) I had them the WHOLE TIME... Orientation was the only appt i left not uncertain.. lol

After i met liz at my CM appt I was ready to cancel... like seriously..

And i can still say, THANK GOD, I had her to be the angel on my right shoulder:D

Sorry i went on and on, I just want you to know you are 100% normal, and it will probably nag u in the brain till you are driving to Richmond next monday:)

Thanks to everyone for all the comments. Sounds like where I am at and what I am thinking is totally normal and what I should be dealing with now.

My family is not so much saying things, it is what they are not saying. They refuse to stay much except "are you sure?"......my sister is my biggest supporter and she is the one who got me started on this journey but she is in Denver!! I talk to her on the phone but still wish she could be here...........

My cold is almost gone this morning. It actually could be allergies I always forget this time of the year and my allergies. Regardless I took something last night and this morning to wipe it out.......

Yep Christine I would love to exchange phone numbers I will send you a message..........

So glad I am not the first one to get banded I have a whole bunch of people to ask for advice..............

Tina: You will be fine! This is normal for any major decisions we make in our lives. I have debated LB or GB and clearly I know LB is what I need. Christine is a witness to my anxiety lol. I refuse to tell most of my family members because I figured they wouldn't understand. My sister is the only one who knows besides my husband. Girl do your thing !!! when you are looking "HOT" they will be very surprised and you wouldn't give a hoot about what they said before!!!

I appreciate the fact that we all bring concerns and good news to this board.

Chris and Nicole I'm glad you guys are feeling better. Nicole you are off the hook for going bowling LOL . Have you tried climbing stairs yet? and if so how do you feel. I have a high tolerance for pain so I hope I will be OK. The stomach muscle is vicious when cut so that might be a problem lol. There goes my high threshold.

My scale is playing games with me, I think I'm PMS'n and I maybe retaining Water any suggestions??

Edited by reggie71

No I haven't tried stairs.. I dont think bowling hurt me though, cause i feel fine...

Hmmm i hate scales at the end.. well lets see here are u following the diet exactly?? I found when i followed it exact i lost weight fast.. Also up your Water intake, even above the 64....

Yes I am following the diet I'm doing 85% Protein and 15%carbs.Example, My Breakfast consist of Protein Shake, lunch chicken salad and dinner half a potatoe and chicken with brocolli. I drink 96oz of Water daily, pee like a horse lol. So I am pretty much on top of it.

Do NOT tell Liz you are doing Protein shakes, they are by far not allowed for us.. :glare: She will bust ya too.. when i told her i did cottage cheese and spinach casserole i got in a lots of trouble:)

Dang i wish i could drink that much, i fight to get my 64oz lol..

Well I guess you are doin fine.. you could do a Water diet for a day or two that will help u loose the weight but also it tends to come right back on as soon as I ever ate normal again..

Just keep what you are doing the scale has to budge..:)

You'll be there any day Reggie, don't worry about it. Just keep doing what you're doing and it'll happen! I'm so excited for you to have a cm appt and to get a surgery date, it's gonna be awesome when we're all on the post-op side of this, isn't it?

I'm so dizzy today but my pain is much better. Liz should be calling this afternoon and I'll probably get to start having full liquids tomorrow so that'll probably help with some of my dizziness. I need protein!

I took my first shower today and covered up my tummy with saran wrap and first aid tape. It felt so good to wash my hair and body but WOW---it took a toll on me. That's a LOT of exercise with 0 calories in my body, probably another reason for the dizziness.

I'm very tired today and I didn't even wake up until 10:20am, but I'm gonna listen to my body and sleep until I can't sleep anymore. Then walk, then sip, then sleep, then walk, then sip...etc.

Hello All

Well just got off the phone with Kaiser again. Everytime they call I think they are gonna cancel. Just more questions and more forms to fill out. I wanted to know the time for the surgery but still have to wait until friday. I think I will be 6:45 am................for the first surgery of the day but who knows. I know one lady who will be there with me........she is gonna so be stressing that day!! She was stressing at pre op and has a laugh like a hyena!! LOL.

Reggie: I went through the same thing as you with the weight not moving for days on end. I had to STOP not just limit the carbs. And overdue it on the Water. Even than it was slow I just can't seem to lose quickly like alot of people on here. I think for me it is not enough protien since I am vegetarian...........but after Africa I am losing 2-3 pounds a day. I know it has to stop again soon.......but next week sugery and restricted diet so maybe not ya know. I didn't like the African food so I didn't eat much..........lost my apetite I think but not a bad thing. Also it was killer hot over there and you sweat all day long.........that plus no cars and only walking everywhere for three weeks my motel was down this huge hill and I had to walk up and down it all day.......talk about forced exercise!! I kept thinking Dr. Baggs and Liz would so love that I am sweating............

Reggie I bet your scheduled 3-4 weeks out from your CM so May or early June maybe!! So excited for you.

Christine so glad to her about your progress. Seems true the second day is the worst!! I heard by the four day things are so much better and that is only tomorrow!!

Ok I am down to 4 days.............start the pre op stuff on Sunday.

Hey all did they say anything about soap or what not to do before surgery?? Liz didn't go into any of that and no soap..............I thought that was part of pre op..................I know no lotions............but what about shampoo/conditioner..............gell.............oh dear no one asked her.........................