Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

My tummy is making SOOO MANY NOISES! It is like mad at me or something lol.

It is really not liking this 1/4c thing. i was better off before I started doing 1/4c.

My menu for the day:

Bfast:

1/4 c Cream Of Wheat

Lunch:

1/4 c V8 Broccoli Soup

Dinner:

1/4 c creamy potato Soup (no potato chunks)

Exercise wise i walked around the mall for an hour... till i lost energy..

For the fluids i worked more on Water today, and i had a sf popsicle still cant get down more then 30oz liquids it seems..

I did finally take tylenol around 7:30.. but im all drugged again.. so im gonna try not to take any tonight:)

Tina: yeah she is very against the Protein stuff, but if you calculate the cals of what i had today it is under the cals of 1 Protein Bar. So I see why they say empty calories..

The gum one is just dumb, all during preop they were supposed to knick the habbit. Gum is addicting.. oh well hopefully they didnt go buy more.

Smart thing to bring in ur crystal lite packet:D

Yay my dinner settled and i feel satisfied..

Ok ttyl:) Hope you are doing well Tina! Enjoy this time, eat what u want!!

Hi girls! I got my surgery time for Monday, I'm the first surgery and have to be there by 6:45 for an 8am surgery. YAY! We're keeping busy tomorrow re-landscaping most of our front yard and then we'll head to Berkeley Sunday after lunch.

Reggie, I just went to Medicine 1 and told them i was in the Bariatric program and needed to do a weight check. There was NO co-pay and they just had me wait a few minutes for a nurse to come get me, weigh me and that was it! You're getting so close!!!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Thamks Chris!! I will be going in to weigh on Tuesday.The days are closer for you now, this is super exciting. Well enjoy your day and I'll touch basis with you later!

Reggie you crazy woman! What the heck were you still doing up at 2:22am??? LOL!

I've made it a personal goal to be at 257.5 on surgery day so that I'll officially be 40lbs down BEFORE surgery. I'm getting so close! I just woke up and weighed and I'm 258.8!! Only 1.3 more lbs to go! I'm kinda done with the last meal thing and am doing Protein Shakes for all day today and Breakfast and lunch tomorrow. Then, tomorrow night I'm gonna have a salad at California pizza Kitchen while we're in Emeryville. I'm thinking that with only liquid and a salad before Monday morning that I'll probably be at my goal!

Also, from what I hear, I might be getting weighed in my gown and on a different scale that sounds kinder than the normal one in bariatrics.

OH! AND---I listened to the healing/affirmation CD yesterday and then last night I put the two pre-op tracks on my Ipod and my hubby and I both put a headphone in and listened to it as we went to bed. He was asleep before it was even 5 minutes in!!! Guess it worked for him...lol.

I listened to the visual imagery and was so tired and relaxed and then I fell asleep about half way through the affirmations. I woke up in the middle of the night in the SAME position (on my back too which I NEVER do!) with the headphones still in both of our ears, lol. I'm definitely taking my Ipod and listening to that during surgery. Thanks for the tips Riley and Nicole!

Anyway, I'm rambling...wish me luck on the scale!

Ah exciting I hope I go first too............6:45 is early but that also means you get out earlier and back home. Let us know how it goes. I will be thinking about you!!

Good Morning Ladies,

Christine I am sure you will be at goal:) I think the gown weighs maybe 3 oz, just dont put the cape on till after u weigh.

I cant wait for your surgery!

Tina you should be first, the nurse and dr baggs told me they normally only do one band a day and then 2 rny.

Reggie do you weigh every day? I am betting you are at goal also!!!:grouphug:

Riley i now see why you put off eating to drink! Its like the only way to get in the fluids...

You know ladies i think i know why they don't want us doing major workouts any time soon.. We are truly weak. The good part is we loose weight very fast right now. I am not sure why they said not to weigh for a week afterwords!?!?! I weighed this am on my scale and I am 212.4!!! When I weighed on my scale Monday I was 218.8 What is crazy is last week i was 222 for the LONGEST time!

I hope everyone is doing well and reaching their goals!!:welldoneclap:

Oh, everybody is doing so great, I am so happy for all my girls! Nicole, I kept telling everyone that I thought I had a little scale-model train inside me, it just kept kinda chugging back and forth and making these weirdo noises! It was sorta like shen the babies would move around in there . . . or like how the intenstines shift around again after the babies are born. But MUCH LOUDER! Super weird!

Christine, WOOT! WOOT! I had the first slot on a Monday with Dr. Baggs too, you will do great and be on your way home by 1 in the afternoon!! All my best! Do take a bit of your pain meds before heading home, that's the bad part. YAY!!!!! Youre getting a band! For sure you will be at your goal on THAT scale . . . been there! :thumbup:

Kepp up the good work all!

Riley

Lol I love the train!!! My husband heard it before bfast, but i try to put off eating till i get atleast another 8 oz of fluids in.. so hes all sounds like a tummy is ready! lol AND he was all the way across the living room lol. My daughter just looks at me like im nutso.. lol

So Riley when does bandster hell start??? I am hoping to not hit it but i could see why it wouldhit...

So, an update on me:) 24 hrs NOOOO DRUGS!!!! Thank god! All my lightheadedness is gone! BUT, the pain isnt.. but its not bad. Im like a 3.. mostly in my back, i was sleepin on my port last night and had no issues.. and im still not bruised in my tummy; my arm from the shot is though.. go figure. I am now down 9 lbs since surgery.. im at 210. i walked my normal 1.8 miles yesterday norm takes us about 30 min it took us.. 1. HR 30 MIN!!! my goodnessss...

Christine.. less then 24 hrs and u will be HEADED HOME!!! How exciting!!!! Remember ask for meds before they take the iv out:DMorphine is a bit better then lortab. I will try not to bug your hubby tomorrow, but around noon I will no matter what be tryin to get ahold of u:)

How is everyone else doing??

OH MY GOSH YOU GUYS!!! Check out my ticker! 257.2!!! I got below my own personal goal this morning, with a little help from Milk of Magnesia! That crap made me gag so bad I thought I was gonna puke. I hadn't had a #2 (sorry TMI) in 2 days and knew it was gonna be a doozy when it kicked in.

SO---I'm officially down 40.3 lbs PRE-OP! My personal goal was to be down 40 lbs because it's a LOT of weight and it's a nice round number to start counting my post-op weight loss from. 50 is gonna be here so fast!

I'm heading out to the bay area now to our hotel, going to get a salad a California pizza Kitchen and hot tub and get a massage. SO nice. Hubby has an Iphone and I'll update you all as soon as I can. Wish me luck!

(((hugs)))

Thinking about you Christine. I know it will all go well for you and I can't wait to here the updates.

Oh and thanks Nicole for the tip about mophine. I am gonna ask for that as well............

Good luck to all!!

You will be in my thoughts all day tomorrow:) You will do great!!:thumbup:

Tina, i think that is the only reason the bumps didnt hurt on the way back to the hotel (30 min drive..)

Good LUCK TO EVERYONE!

Here we go girls! Cross your fingers for me and wish me luck!

Reggie--thanks for the sweet message! I will call you soon.

Sending up a prayer for your right now Christine, flat liver perfect band placement & speedy recovery!!! You will do great.:smile2:

Nicole - I never had bandster hell, I seriously was just not hungry. I tried to delay advancing food stages even! I did Protein and only protein, which probablky helped a LOT. I lived on canned chicken & tuna . . . . unsweetened soy milk turned them to Soup - let me know if you want recipes! I still don't get hungry very often - I am 6 weeks out today - but I don't get the "full" feeling anymore, either. It stopped suddently last Sunday - it was like my band just fell off! All of a sudden I have zero restriction & I have been battling the same 2 lobs. for the last 9 days!! Grrr . . . . but I see Dr. Baggs on Friday and hopefully he'll give me a big, fat fill!

Happy Monday to all, Happy Band Day to Christine!

Riley:thumbup:

Christine! You have been in my thoughts oooo since about 4am:) Talk about no sleep! Then at 6 i was like ok shes on the way.. then 8 YAY SHES asleep.. then 9 Shes in recovery and now 10, and im waiting to hear from you!...

I hope the barium is easy for you! I know you gagged on MOM... so lemme know:)

I even had a dream at about 7:30 about you getting checked in to some other area and i was sitting in the main area, and then they brought like 50 patients into the preop and post op areas... (you know how crowded that would be) then i woke up lol...

Riley: Yesterday i could NOT eat dinner.. i dont know what it was, the thought of it made me feel pain.. I think what happened is, i had a tea and added some milk to make it more creamy (didnt work) well.. since i did that i felt a ball in my stomach.. Well this mornin i was starvin!!! Now im fine:) Did that ever happen to u??? I am soooo excited about mushies!! And I am sure ALL of us would LOVE some recipes:) I also asked liz if i could put off the clear to liquid stage.. but i ended up not..

Hey riley question did ur port incession ever spot bleed?? My nite shirt has spots on it, and now i a yellowish bruise.. I did sleep on my port side last night i wonder if thats why.....?

SO.. noone ever commented on my "lets get together and feed the ducks" date.. lol. We could always go shoppin but liz said not to buy clothes... I miss my girls! But i dont wanna do a food lunch date...most of us will be on liquids or mushies.. so Tina gets banded next week right??? Why dont we plan on May 1??? She should be feeling plenty fine by then!:wink::eek:

I am so proud of all of us!

Oh and I love my band i read the post op area and people say they regret it.. dude, in 6 days i am down 11 lbs! :w00t:

Wanted to let everyone know CHRISTINE is outa surgery! And doing well:)

YAYYAYAYAYAYAYA!!! :eek: