Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

Wow, lots of catch up reading to do! You girls have been busy on her today, lol.

So--TINA! Are you kinda freaking out now that you're officially ready for surgery? You're done now, right? You'll just call next Friday for surgery time and then have surgery on Monday? CRAZY!!!

How many people are having surgery on my day? Were they lapband or rny?

I'm getting so nervous! Still not scared, but the waiting is starting to kill me! I've kept myself SO busy this week and that's helped but I've pretty much got constant butterflies 24/7 since Nicole had surgery on Tuesday and I've been talking a lot with her and it's so REAL now and I'm next!

We'll leave on Sunday at 2:30 to head to Berkeley to spend the night. We're gonna go shopping and have a yummy dinner, hot tub and my mother-in-law is gonna give me a massage. (She's staying at the hotel with us). Hopefully I'll sleep okay and not toss and turn all night.

NICOLE--I'm SO glad you're feeling better every day. So great.

That was sweet of the Hubb to care for Audrey. Well Nicole, I'm 2lbs away from goal so i hope I can get weighed on monday and call for CM appointment.

YAY Reggie! I know you can do it. Just keep drinking that Water and keep your salt intake low.

BTW Reggie--I'd love to hear from you on Sunday, or anytime for that matter! You have my cell phone number. :confused:

Keep me posted with your weight, I'm so excited for you to get a surgery date!

That is AWESOME Reggie!!! You could be in surgery come next month!!! You go girl!!!

I cant wait to see less and less of all of us:)

Reggie that is exciting. I was so Happy when I was that close......it will go fast now believe me!! Things fly.

Yea I am a bit nervous. Not really scared but nervous. I also hate the waiting. I just want to get it done so I don't have to keep wondering what it is like and how much it hurts or doesn't. The unknown is the worst for me.

I think this week will fly by..............good in some ways and stressful in others.

Oh I was blowing a 4-1000 on the spirometer. I had to keep trying until I got a 5 and 1500........and even than Liz said I should be better. She kept asking me "do you have asthma.............I would have asked her about the lap band but I didn't want her to to come over and start talking to me again about the crazy spirometer!! LOL. Someone else was chewing gum................ah she made them get up and empty their mouth and purse.............that was just a plain stupid move to be chewing gum in her class..............alot of stubborn people in our class .I felt like saying if your not ready don't waste their time......................lots of young girls yesterday!!

Anyway 10 more days for me!!

Tina, were you SUCKING on the spirometer, not blowing? LOL. I blew at the beginnning and didn't get why it wasn't working...what a dork. Once I figured it out I was doing 10 seconds at 4000! TURBO. Nicole was cracking up at my turbo lungs, lol. We'll see if I can still go that after surgery.

3 DAYS!!!! I get to call today at 1:30 to find out what time my surgery will be. Hopefully early, but not crazy early.

Also, I'm drinking diet coke and chewing gum up until Sunday night. I'm TOTALLY dedicated to this, and I'm completely willing to give those up forever...just not until Sunday. I wanna enjoy it as long as I can!

Christine what department weighed you at Davis and did you have to pay a copay?

Hello ladies,

Time for my check in:)

Today I am in bed, i feel very drunk i guess. Dizzy tingly. Mike says its the medicine. So I am going to really work on no drug meds..

I got to have bfast.. it was 1/4 c of cream of wheat, and girls i must add its actually a lot of food. Atleast when ur not hungry its a lot:D I bought this really nice measuring cup, absolutely love it,

Evrimeasure Measuring Scoop - Large by Evriholder Products <~ that's it!

My pain level is like 0 while not moving and a 1-3 when im walking or getting up. So ladies dont worry about the pain:) My body was very strong before surgery i think, cause I started finally getting weak last night.

Tina! GUM TO CLASS are you kidding me!!!! How about any starbucks cups? I do not get the nerve of some people! I bet it totally pissed liz off too!

Nicole, you are ripping it up girl! Congrats! regarding the getting weak part,l I did too and blamed it on not eating, turns out my blood pressure was getting too low! If you are taking BP meds, contact your PCP and get off the darned things!

Christine - 3 days!! WOOT WOOT!!!

Im not on bp meds, but maybe after my energize nap ill go to Walmart and check my bp..

Riley how are you doin g?!?!?!

I'm OK . . not thrilled. I have gained back 2 lbs in the last week, back and forth with the same 2 lobs is getting really old! I don't know if it is from the Flexeril that I've been put on for back spasms or what, but it's very discouraging!!!! It makes me SUPER thirsty so maybe it's Water retention. I still don't really get hungry, but unfortunately I no longer get full on less than a cup. I need a fill! I go next Friday to see Dr. Baggs and I'm going to BEG for one. I think I have lost so much fat from my upper stomach that the band is not as effective now and it needs to be adjusted. So I guess it is doing exactly what it's supposed to be doing; it's just so dissapointing to not be losing after only 5 weeks!

Riley

Have you gone back to counting calories, and working out so that u loose weight on your own again?or is it harderafter the band?

Is our first check up with dr baggs for a fill? We have all heard different things about this.. I couldhave sworn thats what he said at the hospital. Do you know?

The 6 week appt. with Dr. Baggs IS for an exam, and you decide together if you need a fill at that time based on what you are eating, how much, and your weight loss. Last week I would have said that I don't need s fill, but now I really think I do.

Yes, I am back with logging calories & excercise, and I am burning off more than I take in so it's a puzzle. It's actually harder than before the band right now, because I am still on mushies so that means no hard stuff like vegies, salad, many fruits. It was lots easier when I could eat 2 salads a day that it is eating 2 cans of tuna a day! Not really hungry tho, so that IS a blessing.

Oh Liz was quite upset!! She stopped talking in the middle of her sentence and was like.......what is that I see.......what it in your mouth..........than she was like where is the gum....in your purse.......get it OUT OF YOUR MOUTH AND IN THE TRASH..........and get it out of your purse...........SHe was really upset!!

I had a protien water bottle but with crystal light and she got upset. I had to show her the empty crystal light package.........I told her I use the bottle over and over becuase it is a perfect 20 ounces which make the crystal light perfect...........she wanted me to take the wrapper off so the bottle so it didn't say protien water............LOL. I told her I would have to soak it in hot Water first.........but she was not really on my case as much as the gum girl. She couldn't have been more othan 20 or 21 and she was cocky so that didn't help.................

Nicole your making me feel better all the time. Seems like overall things are giong well for you. I agree the meds are probably making you dizzy............I hope to not have to take them to long. I get dizzy with most meds anyway......

Well back to work. Riley can't wait to hear how your first appointment goes............

Oh I was sucking in and I still didn't do well...........Liz kept saying concentrate and relax.........she told me she would going to watch me and count........that really helped me relax!!! LOL.

Any Dr. Baggs said not to worry about it........

Oh I found out my co pay is only 15 dollars!! I was expecting 200 so I am really happy!!