Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

So funny, Tina. I just had Qdoba with hubby on Saturday night! You could probably go there again, just will be eating VERY differently, lol.

I've gotten all of my shopping done too, with the exception of sf popsicles and sf pudding. I have the sf Jello and I'll make up a batch of it on Sunday probably. I can't believe that in about an hour or two I'll be the next one in line for surgery! 6 days!!!

I hope this week FLIES by.

You're right, Tina. Riley, Nicole, you and I all have Dr. Baggs! Cool, we'll have to compare notes when it's all said and done. :P

Chris, did you have to meet with Beverly? I have an appointment with her next Tuesday.

No, that's weird. What's the appt for? She might just be the one that's doing your weight check. She was usually the one there to do my weight and record it before my appts...

Kelly said I will be meeting with Beverly and getting blood work done.

Are you at goal? What's this appt for? When I got to goal I went to Davis Kaiser and got weighed, had them put it in Health Connect (so they could see it in Richmond) and then called Richmond and they scheduled my cm appt and ordered blood work which I also did in Davis.

Why are you going to Richmond if it's not a cm appt? Seems like a lot of driving just to get weighed and do bloodwork (both of which you should be able to do in Sac.)

Well, I just spoke to Beverly and she said I should go to my local Kaiser and weigh and after weighing-in call her to schedule the CM appointment. So the 4/7 appointment has been cancelled. Whew! I really didn't want to go there just to weigh in and do labs. Thanks for the alert!! :-). I weighed in at 308 this morning so I need to make sure that I will makegoal in the next couple of days. Any tips?? lol

Edited by reggie71

Hey girls! I just hung up with Nicole and she's out of surgery and everything went well. I know she'll update in a few hours when they get back to the hotel and she'll give us all the details but I just wanted you all to know that she's okay.

Congrats Nicole! You're officially on the losers bench. WOOHOO!

Oh good Reggie! I was thinking that it sounded like the stuff I did in Davis and was wondering why they were having you go all the way to Richmond just to get weighed and go to the lab, lol.

They'll get your weight in the system about 5 minutes after you do it. I went out to the parking lot at Kaiser and called for my cm appt. Then I went right back in and did my bloodwork that they ordered...heehee, no downtime for me!

My advice for getting that last pound off: Water WATER WATER and almost no carbs if you can. And very low salt intake.

Oh---and wear practically NOTHIN' when you get weighed in! :biggrin:

So glad to hear she is doing well. I was wondering about her today and logged on just to see if there were any updates. Will be anxious to read her post.

Well Christine it is you and me next. I am going ti Richmond on Thursday for all my pre op appointments....8am, 10am 1:30pm 2pm and 3:30 pm. I am leaving at 5:30am..............than surgery!!

Reggie. Water, water, water................no carbs at all is what works for me. And exercise. I am back on no carbs this week and overdoing the water again. I am down a couple more pounds thanks I am sure to all the extra exercise I did in Africa!! LOl

Nicole can'[t wait to hear from you and to get some ideas on what to expect.

Oh anyone know how many people are in the pre op class?? Just curious since I want to ask questions and have some one on one time!!

IM ALIVE!!! WOOT WOOT!!

OK so im the only lame one that after surgery calls everyone then gets right online lol...

i got there at 7discharged at 4...

i will explain in my story at this second im gonna go pee then start typing that out in the surgery stories:D

Add me to ur messengers or_Eo17 for yahoo and i can caht on there too:) i will post again when im done doing the post:D

Thanks for all the well wishes!!!:biggrin:

Ok ladies and gents, i posted my story!

The pain is setting in:redface: they numb the area of the port, well that is now gone.. and i am having to wait 20 min for more drugs... But its still not tear breaking.

I love my heating pad. LOVE it!!

Gosh im sitting here watching Biggest Looser, and the old guy that had RNY is in the hospital with blood loss.. they are blaming on his surgery!!!

ok so im gonna head outside.. hope to har from some of u..

So nice to hear from ya. I will also be online right after surgery. I am an internet fanatic!!! So was is more or less painful than expected?? What about embarrassment factor? I know you were shy and worried a bit about that. Also how many days are you staying in Richmond? Boy I think I am gonna have to come home right after since I can't leave my daughter overnight..............I will just have to take the pain killer and go..................

Ah when your up to it I have so many questions!!

Tina, I'm staying overnight in Berkeley this Sunday so that we won't have to drive as far on Monday morning. BUT--after surgery we'll drive back home to Woodland. I'm sure we'll be fine...it's what most people do and some of them had to go to Sac all the way from SSF. It's cool that Nicole can do that though and have some good rest time before going back home to her toddler!

I plan on bringing a pillow to put between me and my seatbelt and we'll also stop a couple times so that I can walk around for a few minutes. (They recommended that in pre-op classes.)

I'm excited to hear more details too. Did you read her surgery story? SO exciting!!! 5 days!

Yep I read her story. DIdn't like that the lab closed down for the morning. My baruim swallow is scheduled for 11:30 am the day of surgery so I hope that is true.

I might come the night before. I am coming with my mom and it depends on if she wants to come over the night before. As for coming home I have to get home. My daughter has her 8th grade trip that week and I have to be around to get her packed and ready to leave the next day............than I get a week to heal and not have to worry about getting her to and from school. Timing is good but that first day is gonna be hard being sore and having to get her ready to go. Overall I think not having her around the rest of the week will be great.

I am excited to get this done. I will feel better I think after I get all my pre op done and know more details!! I am wondering about alot of the details right now........

Oh and I tasted the Jello tonight and loving it. I will have to go out and get more if I don't stop. I thought I didn't like it but ...............I do!! Now the pudding..............I have had to much of that and not sure I can eat that again................eating to much of it the last five months. LOL

So now 2 more people banded and two more to go this month................:-)