Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kaiser Richmond Pre-op

I was only 1 lb. less than I expected to be, so I don't know that it worked THAT well . . . . I lost 3 lbs from Sat AM to Monday AM, according to their scale - would have been 2 lbs. on my scale at home. I did a LOT of diet cranberry mixed with Tazo passion tea (decaf, sweetened with Splenda) - like, a gallon a day. For Protein I did sugar-free chocolate soy milk (Soy Slender) with no-carb soy Protein Powder from Trader Joe's. I also did smoothies with tofu, Soy Slender vanilla and sugar-free Torani Syrup. No yougurt or regular milk because of the carbs. I avoided carbs like the plague! Yes, my BMI was 39.6 and my liver was so flat the in the surgery pics you can actually see the band through my liver when they passed it behind. A year ago I had fatty liver disease, so I wanted to be extra careful!

I am on soft foods, frankly I do not have any problems eating ANYthing. Lasagna even! No noodles tho. I am just now getting hungry, it is 11:30 and I have not eaten since last night, when I had extra firm high-protein tofu, zuchinni, and a sugar-free pudding.< /p>

I forgot to say, in SSF (1/2 of my support group is SSF, the other 1/2 is Richmond) the pre-op diet is either replace 2 meals with SF carnation instant Breakfast mixed with soy milk or non-fat milk, or replace all 3 meals with same. That would have been too much carbs for me unless I used the Soy Slender - which is only 1 net carb. I get it at Lucky's or Raleys.

Gosh i guess im the only crazy one here, i weigh in jeans lol, and i eat normal if not more these last 3 days:) All that matters is that i dont gain. I am 18 lbs below goal right now, so i should be fine. I was going to do liquids, but they tell us not to, so ill enjoy my last day:D

Oh on the contrary Nicole, you are probably the only normal one here! LOL

I want to have Pasta for dinner tonight... and was thining of canceling then i read what causes a fatty liver and its mainly alcohol.. and just being fat lol im already fat and im not drinking. So i will have my last bit of pasta:D

My husband is driving me nuts today!

That's true! I had something called "non-alcoholic fatty liver disease," so for me it was cutting out alcohol AND carbs. I say, enjoy your pasta! And have a couple bites for me please!!! With parmesean . . . . .YUM!!!

:) Riley

Nicole, wow tomorrow is the day. You willbe in my thoughts and prayer. Girl go kick butt! you have done well it will be great to see you blossom into an even more beautiful healthy flower. I hope to be next in the process after you and Chris. I have my weight -check in on 4/7 and meet with Beverly. What should I expect? Good luck and Godspeed!!!

HEy Nicole tomorrow is the big day. I will be thinking about you and wishing you the best. I look forward to hearing how it goes.

Two more weeks and I will be there with you.

I wish you a fast recovery!!

I am also in the last two weeks and starting to debate what I will eat or won't eat. I go back and forth between lose as much as possible and have everything one last time. I am almost 10 pounds under goal weight but want to stay that way!!

So is anyone else getting the last minute concerns about what I won't be able to eat...............

I have my pre op and all my doc appointment on Thursday. Than a week until D day!!

Ok i ended up having CHINESE! AND OMG!!! soo good, lol, i know i prob gained 3 lbs lol but oh well. It was the last time ill prob ever get chinese. And having my farewell meal made me happy:D Now im at the hotel and ready to do this!

My Jello is all ready! lol

Love you girls, and cant wait to post when im done!!!

talk to u then!

Nicole

GOOD LUCK!!! I can't wait to hear from you tomorrow. I'm sorry I wasn't available this evening, I ended up being at my mother-in-laws all evening and just got home about 5 minutes ago...we were chatting and my sis-in-law was over too. It was a blast.

I hope you get decent sleep tonight and I'll be thinking lots and lots of good thoughts!

Tina, I've been having those last panic feelings like "OMG I won't EVER be able to eat this again!!!" and I feel the need to pig out BUT I don't. But today I read a thread about this same thing and someone responded and it hit me like a ton of bricks. The poster was talking about all the "lasts" and wanting to have too many "last" meals. He responded with:

"Just think of all the "Agains" you will now have.

Like getting my wedding ring on again, fitting into those pants again, not hurting in the morning again.

I like AGAINS."

What a great point, right? I'm now trying to think of it that way. Don't get me wrong, I fully intend on having probably 3 more yummy dinners spaced out during the next 6 days, but I don't feel that panicked out of control feeling to eat my "last" favorite foods because all the the "agains" will be so much more worth it!

Well i amdressed and soo tired! it got soo hot last night plus an alarm went off. lol soo fun.

suprisingly im not too worried, im reallllly thirsty. A bit worried about nausea... Mikes in the shower now, I started a journal last night.

Oh oh, i took off 2 nailsm very easily. I got pure acetone cotton balls foil and vaseline. Trimed the nail down ploped on the cotton ball full of acetone covered my skin in vaseline first then wrapped in foil did it 20 min and then filed and did it once more, Wala, soooo easy! No pain or damage to my nail beds. But its a pain to type with lol.

Talk to u all later today.............

Good Luck!!

Yea Christine I am not really worried but just weird thoughts. Like yesterday I went to Qdoba and was thinking.....oh this will be the last time I can eat here..........seems weird now because it is so close and so real.

I got the heating pad and meds and Vitamins over the weekend. Got the broth..........will get the Jello and sugar free pudding next weekend.

I am basically ready but having a hard time letting it sink it that this is really close now!!! :-)

anxious to hear from Aud later today. I hope it all goes well. We all have the same doctor now!!